Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hardest non-boss creature to kill? the most annoying?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by harwandi, Jan 6, 2013. | Replies: 17 | Views: 2189

1. harwandi

harwandi IncGamers Member

Just got into act 5, met many new monsters some are so-so, some are weak but annoying as ****, some are just too strong to kill.

1) most annoying: that teleporting monster, got killed in one shot but just annoying
    2) most difficult (so far): that demon knight with swirling wind around it...freeze and slow u really hard, then just kill u in 4-5 shot

anybody wanna add? and of course how to kill them in most efficient way
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

What demon knight? :)

The most annoying monster imo, is the stygian doll in hell.. Fast as lightning, deadly strike, and explodes upon death. Damaging everything around it for a % of its max hp... :p

Or the resurrecting undead.. That wakes up again when you have to walk back to nihlatak.. Due to some cruel trick from those Vipers down there.. Who can kill any non tank-built char withing seconds. With their poison/physical clouds of imbalanceness!

Peace
  3. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

frenzytaurs i guess.

Dolls are annoying and you cant resist it. I would say IM knights but it got removed from creatures.
  4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

I remember that my barb got stuck at Dia in Hell due to that Iron Maiden curse you mention! :)

He was lvl 89 and still couldnt do it very well! :D
  5. MartinLong

MartinLong IncGamers Member

The beetles in A2 hell can be bad with their lightning bolt on hit when they spawn immunities that you are.

Dolls with any spawn are terrible when you telelport into a group of them.

The glitched Vipers around Nithilak are also bad!
  6. harwandi

stygian dolls? those midget-sized skeleton? yeah, they are annoying...specially in group, they just gonna stab you to death real fast....good think my merc is cold-based.....freeze them 1-by-1 then smash those *******s into pieces!

the undead, i dont think is that hard if u use cold-based weapons/charms, if they are completely smashed into pieces....ice cubes dont fight back!

I just killed nihlatak...the only annoying think is his freezing breath, delaying his death pretty long!...anyway what vipers? is that that floating jellyfish-like creature?
  7. harwandi

which glitched vipers? i just finished nihlatak quest and i dont remember encountering any glitches (or maybe i did but didnt realize)

oh yeah, and that beetles are annoying too, even my lv 40 paladin almost got killed there (players 8)
  8. Whitering

Whitering IncGamers Member

You might not get the snakes, at least in Hell it's randomized. Beetles are only bad if you are not properly set up for lightning damage. It heals almost every one of my characters.

If I am melee the hardest creature to kill are those super annoying jumping thingies from act 2 that fly all over the map.
  9. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

tomb vipers can appear there in hell about 50% of the time, and their poison hurts you for a large amount of dmg PER FRAME. And it's physical dmg, even though it is a poison cloud. The cloud only hurts you if you're actually walking or running through it, though.

Also, Nihl's Corpse Explosion can be deadly in Hell
  10. FoxOfDoom

FoxOfDoom IncGamers Member

Hell Knights, Venom Lords and Stygians are my least favorites in Act 4. As for any act.. Hell Bovines. Moo moo!
  11. pharphis

I forgot to actually give my answer :p

I think Frenzytaurs are both difficult to kill, and a huge threat. all but the ones in the cold tunnels cannot be frozen (dumb, right?)
  12. harwandi

how do u kill that SOB? I think Diablo is WAY easier to kill...since he's too dumb and slow and super predictable. That frenzytaur thing is just way too fast and even freeze u with aura.....damn those thing sucks balls!
  13. pharphis

You just skip them :p

Well, I guess the best bet against frenzytaurs is to either have a really powerful character that kills them before they reach you (good luck with extra fast, fanat packs, though), or to separate them and take on only a few at a time.

Yeah, diablo is way less threatening for most people :p
  14. wolfofbenjamin

wolfofbenjamin IncGamers Member

To be honest I have always been annoyed by Carvers and Fallens, they keep on running away after one of them's been killed.
  15. wolfofbenjamin

wolfofbenjamin IncGamers Member

Archone........
  16. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Someone called my name?
  17. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

The most annoying has to be the cow king. The object is to AVOID killing him and making sure no one else does. Everyone is alway screaming dont kill the king omg!
  18. Histal

Histal IncGamers Member

Furizon has no such problem :)