Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Spoiler] Hardcore Progression Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by spiffymcbang, Nov 26, 2012. | Replies: 14 | Views: 10073

1. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

Hello,
    I asked Axamas to put together a progession table for his play thru for a barb. He did a good job listing stats at each boss encounter.

The problem is this is sitting in the Newcomer forum (since that was the purpose of it) where most seasoned HC folks don't browse. The stats are also for pre-patch 1.05 so they are a little out of date but they still give a good bench mark to shoot for.

Hope this is useful for you.

If anyone else wants to track their stats in a similar way either by level or boss encounter feel free to pm me or just post them in a similar way. I would love to have more data for the newcomer forum and I'm sure HC folks would like this also. Different characters would be very Welcome.

Spiffy.

2. spiffymcbang

Repost from Axamas:

3. spiffymcbang

Reposted from Axmas:

4. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Great stuff there Spiff thanks for posting that!

5. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

Spiff, we both lvld to 60 together on HC and not once did I think to put together a progression chart!!

6. spiffymcbang

Yeah I remembered around level 27 and thought, doh! I did not want to start half way thru. It is on my radar though, for when I die to lag.

7. Eric Xanthu

Eric Xanthu IncGamers Member

In both charts there is an obvious big jump up in gear to take on NM Kulle between levels 38-43...with a relatively low AH price tag. What gear/mods/stats/gems are happening there? I've just started NM at 38 with damage on the low side but life and armor on the high side and I'm curious to know what items I'm grinding for.

8. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Same place in the game here, at level 39 with alot more armor and life than the table suggests, yet only a measly deal of damage, since I am playing self found, and my weapon 69 DPS simply ain't cutting it no more. Any tips on suggested stats at this stage of the game? No need to think of resists quite yet before hell, am I right?

9. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

I would say stats differ depending on character and build. assuming you run a barb, try cutting some vitality for strength and grind a better weapon. Then try easier content and get a feel if it'll hold. obvious i know, but sometimes you overlook the basics. also something that helped me recently is to try an emerald instead of ruby in my weapon. it just might raise the DPS to where you wanto be.
    Other socketed armour pieces can be swapped for main stat instead of vitality if you feel you're surviving good enough and want more kick..

10. spiffymcbang

I think at level 35 you can craft a rare axe. I think I made one and with a ruby in it, am getting 85 dps with it. also consider keeping your str and vit about equal as you progess thru. that will make a difference. I know you need a lot of life but all the life in the world will not help if you can't kill anything.

At level 47 is the raid sword you can craft. I used the blacksmith on my first play thru mostly self found to keep up with item being as close to my level as possible. He has some decent armor and weapon options but you will need to roll alot of them to get good stuff. It is not really expensive until the level 60 items.

keep checking the vendor that sells rings for a good high str/vit combo and upgrade when you see it. I think i used some crappy blue rings all the way to level 50-53 or so. but if you keep checking him you might find some good upgrades.

11. engrsd

engrsd IncGamers Member

If you are going the non-AH route, for rings, I think you can usually find the x-dmg with a socket from the vendor pretty regularly. I find these types of rings to be the most useful while I'm working a character to 60.

Finding decent weapons and shields is always a problem for me though.

12. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

I am definently curious about mp1-5 benchmarks :) if anyone has that info, like how much dps is good, EHP, stuff like that would be nice.

13. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

thank you for The encouragement and tips! Feels good learning from others who have done it self found in HC :)
    for The time being I have parked My barb in act 2 nm and am playing a wiz, which is already level 32 and is a much Quicker killing machine, Even thugh I still know My barb is and will be The most durable char i have, and that she will indeed be My first level 60 :)

14. spiffymcbang

Moving this back to the top as somone was inquiring about benchmarks last night.

15. boglav

boglav IncGamers Member

Is the DPS in the charts supported by higher level gems? or did you DW? becuse I can barely scrape 200 DPS at level 30 with my selffound barb: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Boglav-2570/hero/23992471.

edit: I took another look at my gear and I see I miss str on many pieces..damn self found, my DH is so much luckier...