Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hardcore Fury Druid. Go for block or 2-handed weapon?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Hector, Mar 16, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 4179

1. Hector

Hector IncGamers Member

What topic says. :thumbsup:

Would you prefer a 2-handed weapon with huge Vitality/life pool? Or a max block with 1-handed weapon and lower Life?
  2. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Blocking with fury druids is sad. Get something like ribcracker.
  3. Hector

Hector IncGamers Member

Ok, but considering this is untwinked and I have no access to Ribcracker:

a). Will my survivability be good even without blocking?
    b). How much DEX will I need to invest for a good 2-hander before I stop (considering I skip blocking)?
  4. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

For untwinked, your main problem is going to be finding a good dmg weapon.
    There are virtually no one handed weapons suited for fury druids really, outside of high end runewords.
    Hence your best option is to hope for some good two handed unique. Like windhammer, steeldriver ( needs upping ), IK maul, etc.

Don't worry about survivability. It's fine as long as you know what you're doing. Dex needed depends on weapon really. Mauls and axes need little to none.
  5. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

IK maul is a good choice, with good damage, crushing blow and 2 sockets. If you're worried about survivability, put an amn rune (or a pskull) in it. It's easy to find (amn and skulls are too xD) and you could also use some other IK pieces to get a good ar bonus.

I tried once a fury druid with complete IK set (except for the helm, of course) and, still being much worse than forti/grief could solo hell, and of course, it's not that hard to get playing untwinked.

If you really want to use a shield, find one with low chance to block (moser's is good and easy to find)... this will surely help your survivability with resistances, not with block :)