Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hand Xbows

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Jason Maher, Apr 16, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1053

1. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

Are there any Demon Hunter builds where dual wielding Hand Xbows (e.g. Calamity plus one of the Danetta's, or both Danetta's) would go close to matching Manti + Dead Man's?
  2. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

I believe there's a build with Calamity and DML involving attack speed and ball lightning. Iirc, it works better than both danneta's because you get two pieces with hatred regen, plus the other insane mods of DML.

The reasoning behind that is that you will end up focusing on aps and probably that will require lots of hatred regen, making the DML + Calamity sinergy work better. Check the ball lightning variant on MS guides and play cautious, saving discipline (or use the other danneta's)

My personal problem with hand xbows is the low minimum damage. If you fix it with rubies, then you'll lose some CD, compared with manticore. If you use emeralds, you'll se lots of crits, but the "low crits" (critical hits based on the minimum damage) can end up being underwhelming.

On my NA account I used to wield a manajuma's carving knife, with int instead of a socket. While the paper DPS wasn't that bad, the kill speed was lame compared to... almost any socketed spear with int and high DPS (not even black damage). The problem with fast weapons, imo, is the low minimum damage. My WD had almost 100k dps and sometimes I saw critical hits of 17k... If I use <spear>, my low crits are higher and the kill speed is better.

I don't know DH specifics in depth (my DH never worked, no matter what), so my final suggestion is:

- Hunt Kestegs down and ask for answers.

Iirc, he used 2x hand xbows for a while, a few months ago.

Also, there's some discussion here: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?842133-Dual-wield/page2
  3. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

late, but anyway: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UQYVdg!fXe!ZabcbY

It's much more effective using Calamity + DML, but you could dual wield. It's very very high AOE dps, and very very tanky, if your gear isn't quite up to it you can change jagged spikes for bait the trap. I've been using this on my DH (an alt with pretty meh gear), and can MP8+ easy.
  4. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

Equally late, but thanks. I intend to try an alternative DH build on a new character. Not sure I like the idea of wielding a bow but throwing grenades. Negative style points in my book. I've invested too much time, gold, effort, and even a bit of money (proceeds from AH sales that were used to buy gold) into my current Strafe build to want to change her around. And I do enjoy playing her. Just haven't got the gear to comfortably run at higher than MP1 yet.