Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hall of Fallen Heroes

Discussion in 'Hardcore Graveyard' started by Kingu, Jun 16, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2611

1. Kingu

Kingu IncGamers Member

What do you think about the amount of info it stores about our dead ones?
  2. entranced

entranced IncGamers Member

I'd love more but i'll take what i can get, i'm happy with it.
  3. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

Once you archive a dead guy, it seems you can no longer view his gear. But while he's dead in your player list, you can. Oversight or am I missing something?
  4. Kingu

Kingu IncGamers Member

You are right, once archived you see: level, time played, gold collected, monster killed and who made the finishing blow to you.
    But as a ghost you see, in menu: day of birth and death, level, play time.
    from profile, you see all things you see on live chars: stats, armor, damage skills, and equipment details.

I use to make screenshots of all this, 15 of them, before i archive them, but as I look from farther info the game i have less feeling how good or bad that gear was. But still as "posting item with gem" bug showed items are just strings of text so i don't see why so little is visible in halls of the dead. Especially with how little % of total players are hardcore guys.
  5. entranced

Well, given the statistic that the majority of ppl die before 30 or whatever it was, i think the average HC player dies *a lot*. This could certainly add up. If you think about it, the only extra info live characters save to server disk is inventory contents. You are asking them to save potentially innumberable dead characters data. Given the 10 live char limit, it's not surprising that they kept the Halls info so minimal.

6. Kingu

Kingu IncGamers Member

But still it is just an unchanging static text string with already existing model link, so as far as I know tech stuff it is not far more.
    And as only 4% of all are hardcore players, that if stash space is created at registering game, is a waste of a lot disc space don't you think?
    Or if it is allocated dynamically than it is going cheap on us.
  7. entranced