Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Had the US not been attacked in 1941, would the 3rd Reich still exist?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sir EvilFreeSmeg, May 3, 2006. | Replies: 106 | Views: 2923

1. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Had the US not been attacked in 1941, would the 3rd Reich still exist?

Since I can't convince Tokiomaster to make this thread, here you go.
  2. TokioMaster

TokioMaster IncGamers Member

Lol :tongue:

Well sinse it's made...

No it wouldn't. Pearl Harbor changed the entire course of WWII because it set in line the comino effect that eventually led to America coming into the War.
    If the US hadn't been attacked, we'd be speaking German and prejudicing Jews for everything wrong in the world...
  3. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

both of them?
  4. TokioMaster

The only thing wrong with the Nazi Germany was it's prosecution of Jews. And they did speak German, seeing as they were from, ya know, Germany. So yeah. Both of them :tongue:
  5. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

you misunderstood...i meant the 2 remaining jews left alive after the nazis were finished cleansing...it was just my guess that they would keep a couple.
  6. Stoutwood

Stoutwood IncGamers Member

Dross/Johnny/alexzed: America sucks and Russia did way more to defeat Hitler.
    buttershrug: Yo, Canada was there too!
    *everyone ignores the Canadians*
    Bortaz/Smeg: I didn't see Russia taking on the Japanese.
    maccool: *snide remark*
    Dross/Johnny/alexzed: Yeah, well you murdered thousands of civilians with an atomic weapon.
    Bortaz/Smeg: The Germans were making one too! You're lucky we beat them, or you would be speaking German right now!
    Ash: Spam.
    *flame war ensues*
    Freet: Locked.
  7. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

The biggest question to come of this thread is does TokioMaster have what it takes to take that stance and manage to not get banned? I hope so, we could use a fascist in our debates. Add a little flavor to the mix
  8. TokioMaster

Oh, I get it :tongue: Sorry I'm a bit slow... It's 2 am here and I'm not quite up to par :tongue:

And I've held up to flames before. I can take words :wink3: And if I get banned, then I get banned defending what I believe, and that's what counts...
  9. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I don't spam in history threads you mother****er!

I either avoid them like the plague or wait for someone to say something stupid and then strike, but nothing stupid enough yet, except for you shaqass
  10. Stoutwood

Mission accomplished.
  11. DPH

DPH IncGamers Member

Had the U.S. not been attacked, Russia would've owned all of Europe and Japan would've... eventually got into a war with Russia and it would've been a huge mess.
  12. TokioMaster

Germany had some trouble with Russia, yes, but had they not been devided all across Europe, and had they ample time to finish their OWN atomic weapon, Russia would've fallen easily.
  13. Stoutwood

The war hasn't ended.
  14. Ash Housewares

blah, they abandoned that project, saw it as impractical, would've taken them ages
  15. TokioMaster

Lol, if they'd gotten the necissary reinforcements from Japan and France, they could've kept their Russian foothold for years. But attacking Russia so soon in the first place was stupid.
    Hitler should've learned from Bonaparte's mistake... *tsk tsk*
  16. Ash Housewares

you're just staring at the surface, history isn't magic eye, not that complicated, just look deeper and you won't say things I haven't heard a million times before
  17. Johnny

Johnny Banned

The Japanese and Russian where fighting eachother in manchuria and soon before america droped the atomic bomb the russians crushed the japanese forces on the mainland.
  18. garion

garion IncGamers Member

honestly if the US wasn't going to be involved in any way....britain would have crumbled in 1942 without supplies..and operation sealion would have made sure they were out of the war. at that point germany would have been able to fully focus its attention on the ost-front, russia. and sadly, i suspect russia wouldn't not have been ready to face a full 120+ division of germans churning down the plains of the motherland.....

russia would not have survived initially if the US wasn't shipping them tons of tanks/planes/ and artillery pieces to put up that hodge-podge defense in 1941 (barbarrossa)...

the use of the atomic bomb was pretty tragic..as the targets were civillians...but then again..look at stalins treatment of his own folks...the fire bombings of dresden and numerous other german cities by the allies...etc (if we had lost the war...we would have probably been tried for war crimes...)

furthermore if hitler had made up his mind and focused his armies on either the caucuss/stalingrad/moscow he would have crushed russia (if it were me i would have went after the caucuss first then moscow and finally stalingrad....)
  19. garion

garion IncGamers Member

well the russo-japanese war (1904-5) over manchuria, russia lost.

as for the end of WWII i don't think the japanese even had any heavy tanks...since all they needed were infantry to deal with the kuoming-tang armies, and jugle/island warfare...they were not rpepared for the heavy numbers of modern weapons the russian brought..also their forces were horribly taxed at this point..with most of their experienced core of troops depleted and/or dealing with the americans
  20. garion

garion IncGamers Member

i feel that i was imperative that the germans attack the russians as early as possible...however since they had to secure holdings in the north (norway/finland later on), greece/malta in the south, africa in the waaay south, and their shores to the west, while engaged in a massive bombing campaign of britain. They were simply spread too thin, but hey i guess at this point they had won battle after battle..and had become complacent in assuming that they could just crush the russians in 6-8 months with deep penetrating attacks to the russina lines, unfortunately they could not effectively encircle and destroy/capture enough russian divs either...

ironically it was russias poor infrastructure...(roads/rail) that bogged down germany :grin: