Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hacks blocked?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by rubberbandchap, Jan 24, 2006. | Replies: 21 | Views: 912

1. rubberbandchap

rubberbandchap IncGamers Member

Hacks blocked?

Ive been away from this game for about a year and when i left the game was hacked to death with bots, maphacks, dupes, drop hacks , you name it they hacked it but now people tell me all hacks have been killed somehow. i was just wondering if this is true and if so hwo was it done and why cant the hacks just get better.

Any information on this subject is very welcome

Thx for reading
  2. Qbi

Qbi IncGamers Member

MOST of the hacks have resurfaced upon the world of Diablo, but are very risky.

Some hacks are/include:
    -Maphack
    -Bot(s?)
    -Someone mentioned Pickit/Snagit, but I haven't come across anyone using it yet.
    -Some sort of Lag/Crash hack, that people use in Act 2 for Drop Trade games.

A new one im hearing about is some glitch or new hacking program or SOMETHING thats modding .08 items onto 1.11b Ladder unsure of NL, but then again what isnt duped/hacked on there, heh, no offence NL Players.

Although these hacks exist this season, these ones this season seem to be more prone to getting caught and getting you banned/closed.

Someone will probably post a more indepth post about this topic.
  3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Some time ago, many people with MH had their accounts closed and CD-Keys banned.
  4. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

Bots are still here. I spoke to someone who had one, and was selling his bot for a hr each. he said it was undetectable, coz it ran from windows or something.
  5. Qbi

Qbi IncGamers Member

Cause warden doesn't detect 3PP's on Windows.... Most likely because Windows is a far superior OS than all the others. :unimpressed: :rolleyes:

*Kyubi Laughs maniacally in the background*
  6. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

It's wrong, hacks are still out there, dupes are still out there, bots are still out there.

I've been reading ermmm... some site with basic explanation of how duping works, and, well, the algorythms are so complicated and refined that Blizz will either have to implement heavy security on the servers (resulting in immense lags) or rewrite the client, which basically means rewriting the engine of the game, something they will never do. So I'm quite sure there wont be a solution to hacks at all. At least not in Diablo II.
  7. rubberbandchap

rubberbandchap IncGamers Member

so are the old hacks still usable and just more prone to getting caught?
    Surly someone must know what the patch or whatever actually did?
  8. IsayRawr

IsayRawr IncGamers Member

Hmm... there goes the noob that told me "You can't dupe in 1.11" x_x
  9. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Well, it's basically the virus detector issue...... We cannot write a perfect virus detector. Actually, we can't even write a finite program that will determine whether another program will halt on a given input...... Therefore, Blizz can never write a perfect program that can detect whether a program will dupe/hack/whatever. There are just some things that are not computable.

*The heuristic can get pretty effective, though, so don't risk it.*
  10. arcticknight

arcticknight IncGamers Member

i think that hacks that worked in earlier versions no longer work, but the makers of those hacks have re-made them to work so they just updated the version to go around blizzards security system a new way. If Blizzard really wanted to get rid of hackers, why don't they hire one to test their security systems for problems. This goes for all games with hacker problems.
  11. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Well, whos gonna pay his wage? Maybe you?
  12. JimmyGrin

JimmyGrin IncGamers Member

Yes, hacks are still all over... not as bad as a few years ago tho... I know I’ll get flamed for this but... I honestly don't mind the hackers. I mean, no, I myself don't cheat but for everyone out there with godly items or HRs or runewords that require HRs... without these people you'd be lucky to SEE one let alone to have one... makes the game a little more enjoyable when you can at least use better items. So I’d say I’m about 50-50. I don’t hate but I don’t agree with them.

I would bet that 98% of "enigma's" come from somewhat of a duped/paid for via ebay/bots.

But to answer your question, yes, everything is still out there. Once blizz fixes them a new one will be out in days… endless battle.

You can call me a noob or whatever you want all day, but you know i am right.
  13. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

Actually, on east ladder hacks are very much a problem and have ruined the economy there. High runes used to go for 2x ist + um, but have now been so over-duped that they are worth a mere Ist+um. HoZ's now go for 3x hr's for low ones while last season it wasn't too difficult to find one for a mal. This has also resulted in ists, mals, and even um runes being duped, further inflating the cost of desireable items. This coupled with the new hack bringing all the popular NL dupes/glitches/hacks to ladder has basically ruined this season entirely. I copmpletely refuse to trade in public channels or other forums now, and split my game playing time between civ4 and diablo2, when it used to be entirely d2.. So It Is, I guess
  14. JimmyGrin

JimmyGrin IncGamers Member

with no hacks at all.... how many HR's would in a seaon would appear you think... and IF you ever saw one how much would it cost.
  15. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

Why would it be such a bad thing that people never saw HRs? I mean then you would have players who actually had the potential of being better than other players. The way things are now, the best and godliest items are considered standard and anything else makes you a noob. That's pretty ridiculous. I would much prefer to be in awe of a character I saw that actually had managed to make a BoTD or an Enigma or any other high end runeword. I would love it if I actually wet myself upon seeing a real live Last Wish. It would warm my heart to be able to worship certain characters that had the luck, the perseverance, the skill, and the dedication to assemble for themselves a godly setup. Who am I to admire now? The ebayer, the duper, the botter? The game's creators did actually know what they were doing when they made HRs as rare as they are, but since that aspect of the game is forever lost I guess players find it hard to imagine what it would be like. Hard as it may be to believe, it would be more fun.
  16. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Not very true. Blizzard can implement enough security so that the hackers wont be competent enough to break it. The most competent hackers are not interested in video games you know. But Blizzard will never do this for the reasons I listed above.
  17. DennisBergkamp

DennisBergkamp IncGamers Member

Amount of dupers out there is crazy. Especially on USEast Ladder now, as a result, the whole economy is messed up :undecided:
  18. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

yep blizzard as successed in maintaining most hacks out of the game for now, which is quite good:smiley:
  19. Col.Kurtz

Col.Kurtz IncGamers Member

Actually, we should be glad that there are bots & dupes.

Otherwise, we could play for 6 year and still don't have an enigma.

Cheers
  20. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

If you believe that the perfect program exists, that is. And the most competent hackers WILL be interested in it if it is that unbreakable. Anyways, classes in computational complexity is driving me mad. :undecided: