Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Guilds in Diablo 3?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by maxwolfie, Mar 27, 2012. | Replies: 38 | Views: 4197

1. maxwolfie

maxwolfie IncGamers Member

Guilds in Diablo 3?

Can anyone point me to some information in regards to this?
  2. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

Re: Guilds in Diablo 3?

Currently no guilds or any info about them :( I think they said they * might * be thinking about clans and how to put them in.
  3. maxwolfie

I ask because I currently head up an Action RPG games community and I am looking to start a Diablo 3 Chapter, in time for the release of the game.

Any more information?
  4. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

There will be nothing of the sort for a good while if they put it in at all. Your best bet is to start the chapter have have them all meet up on the forums and/or vent and add all the battle tags on friends list to party up that way. I can't remember if you can make your own chat channels or not for in game guild chat they can all join, but if they do that's another thing to use to keep the members together and for people to find others to quest with. That's what our group will be looking to do.

Sorry I couldn't be more help to ya.
  5. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Even without the clan function there are probably tons of them right now, just like in D2.
  6. maxwolfie

We have Vent, so communication won't be an issue.

If anyone keen keep to head up our guild, please PM me or post here for more information. We currently have a strong presence in Path of Exile and wish to have the same with our Diablo 3 Chapter. I won't have enough time I look after other areas within the site.
  7. weedjj

weedjj IncGamers Member

D2 has private chat channels. Last I heard, D3 doesnt? I dont really care what other functions they give for Clans/Guilds as long as they put in the ability to make private chat channels.

8. Gamekk

Gamekk IncGamers Member

They really put us in the mystery for this one. They said they were working on the chat interface for the final game. So far, in the beta, you can't create or join any channel that isn't on their list. I know it would be damn stupid if they don't implement private chat channels, but who knows? It's Blizzard Activision after all...

9. isak viking

isak viking IncGamers Member

diablo-guilds.com
  10. Cincinnati

Cincinnati IncGamers Member

The core issue is b.net 2.0 which is designed by that console douche who "forgot" to put in any kind of community interaction features whatsoever. Battle.net is a joke for SC2 and will be a joke for D3 aswell.
  11. HÃ¥les

HÃ¥les IncGamers Member

I've founded a "real money" guild — cause I've always wanted to be apart of a super secret organization which prey on the ignorant masses. ;) Jk. But I have setup a prelaunch for it, we have a vent and will explore making money in the RMAH, farming runs, and the likes. You can check out the prelaunch site, and sign up... of course, it's totally free. Hardcash Guild
  12. Alientank

Alientank IncGamers Member

Inb4banned.

13. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

We don't understand the importance of social interaction here at Blizzard "North", even though the most popular game to this date, which our other branch is behind, has been milking dominance as a main selling and retention point.

They don't care, for some reason.

Also, the console argument would be great... if only SC2 was console-viable (or non-trash worthy).

14. Chaboi

Chaboi IncGamers Member

Where did you get that quote? Link please, that seems way out of context.
  15. maxwolfie

Thanks for mentioning the site.

I've listed our guild (Hack, Slash, Repeat) here. For anyone that's interested and wants to know more, our site can be found here.
  16. Snerra

Snerra IncGamers Member

It's fabricated. :liar:

... But there is some truth to it.

17. thewoodshed

thewoodshed IncGamers Member

I sure hope not.

One of my biggest concerns about D3 is that due to the success of WoW they will try to "WoW-ize" D3. Being a fan of barbs ,with the fury mechanic in D3 this was a glaring indication of that possibility in my mind. Anyone who loved warriors in WoW knew that this idea caused huge balance issues with the class.

Diablo 2 was a game I could just go though and mindlessly wreck stuff if I wanted, and with some though and fore-planning could independently do anything in the game I wanted. Not so in WoW- you need to be part of a guild.

18. Snerra

Snerra IncGamers Member

Saying you don't want clans in D3 because of how they affected your gameplay in WoW is very far far-fetched. You are making a connection between clans and gameplay where there isn't necessarily one. They can be two entirely separate things.

Clan support in D3 would simply improve social interaction, making it far easier to connect and chat with a larger group than 3 at once - 3 being the number of people who can join your group.

19. RyTEK

RyTEK IncGamers Member

After all of my years in D2 and WoW, I ultimately agree with thewoodshed. Old timers will remember that guilds were "promised" in D2C and D2xPack. By "promised", I mean Blizzard said they really liked the idea and were seeking ways to implement it, but they weren't sure how to pull it off in bnet or in game. I remember coming to this site and seeing articles on guilds with little tents from Act 2 possibly being the Guild Hall or what-have-you. It was really fun to imagine having a Hall all to your guild.

One cool thing about WoW implementation is Guild Achievements and Guild Leveling. Just imagine the group achievements in the beta expanded to the entire guild, i.e., you get an achievement for looting 500M gold in Inferno or something ridiculous that only a group of 100 players could work toward over a few years. That really establishes a sense of camaraderie.

What D3 really needs is a better bnet2.0 chat system that will lead to a better sense of community, THEN as a 2nd step they can work on guild implementation.
  20. maxwolfie

Is there a safe place on this forum to advertise a guild?