Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

GT 540m ?

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by nesta, Mar 7, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 7631

1. nesta

nesta IncGamers Member

GT 540m ?

I've recently got Samsung RC530 with i5, GT540m, 8 giga ram. I'm very happy with it. I can run Skyrim, BF 3 easily on high. However I've read somewhere here that there is problem in D3 with OPTIMUS technology (you have system and nvidia graphic cards on the board and you choose which one to use). Is it true? Is it actual (it was post from last year)? Ive seen on YT people playing D3 on high with this card.
  2. SteveG

SteveG IncGamers Member

Re: GT 540m ?

The devs themselves said that if your comp can run SC2 then you'll be fine running D3. Well, I used to have a laptop, an Asus something or other, with a GT540M and I COULD NOT run SC2 at max settings, only medium.
  3. nesta

nesta IncGamers Member

Medium, medium/high are ok for me. I ask if I can run D3 not on which setttings. I know I have medium cars, not bad, not super. But ive read sonewhere about optimus tech.
  4. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

I'm helping a guy to buy a laptop for D3, in this thread http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/...ich-would-be-the-best-for-D3/page2&highlight=.

It seems most of the problems are solved with the recent drivers or the one from your laptop manufacturer. In any case, I'm pretty sure it'll work with the release version. Since you already have the laptop, you can only hope it'll work (I'm sure it will). For someone who is looking to buy a new laptop, I think I will recommend to avoid those with Optimus technology as long as it is not definitely fixed.

5. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

I have a dell xps 15 with a 525m, I always play games on low settings as its just a laptop.
    I can run the beta at 70fps on lowest settings "I'm amazed how great it still looks on low" I'm sure medium would be fine to but I like low blizz graphics, there is something thats more easy on the eye about blizz graphics on low. Always played sc2 on low even on a machine that could handle ultra, I just like the soft look of low graphics.

In regard to optimus, the beta uses my 525m just fine never had any problems telling it to use my nvidia card instead of internal graphics.
  6. joxxill

joxxill IncGamers Member

hey i have the exact same pc and i can run d3 just fine n problem at all although i cant run guildwars 2 can you do that?