Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grizzly/dire wolves?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by louisbhb, Aug 5, 2008. | Replies: 2 | Views: 1686

1. louisbhb

louisbhb IncGamers Member

Grizzly/dire wolves?

Hi everyone. I'm planning to make a towndump bear and thinking which summons should I go for. I have a bad feeling that summons in hell are as weak as paper and won't do much dmg, esp when the emphasis is on building a bear but not a full summon build. As such, summons will merely act as a distraction and I wonder if anyone know the tankability for dire wolves. Do they die like paper or are they also decent when facing bosses? I have a windy druid and I know my bear can tank pretty well, but more is always merrier (if I consider to do wolves this time) Any comment? Feel free to comment on their dmg too though I don't hold high hopes in it. Thanks!

2. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Re: Grizzly/dire wolves?

If you make a Town Dump Bear stick with the guide and max Dire Wolves, Grizzly and Heart of Wolverine.

As for survivability and effectiveness:
    - A fully maxed Grizzly (Gr=20 and DW=20) will be an awesome tank (8000+ life) and do decent damage by itself. Even a 1-pt Grizzly (Gr=1 and DW=1) can tank quite a lot in Hell. A windy normally uses (Gr=20 and DW=1), which means your Grizzly does good damage and can tank quite a lot, though you need to recast him now and then. Less common is (Gr=1 and DW=20), but this variant will make your Grizzly a good tank without it doing damage.
    - DWs won't survive in Hell unless you go for (DW=20). If you also max Grizzly (Gr=20)your wolves will do quite good damage; more than the Necro's skeletons.
    - HoW enhances the damage even further, and make your minions a force to be reckoned with. Oak is not necessary; they will survive pretty well without it and resummoning is a small bother.

3. louisbhb

louisbhb IncGamers Member

Re: Grizzly/dire wolves?

Thank you for your great comment. I'm still working on my towner bear and I'll just stick with the guide. It seems to be a pretty good guide considering the popularity of the post. =P As for my windy druid, since I don't have much skill points left, I guess the best bet is to just put them all in grizzly to make my it better instead of wasting it on wolvies that scratch.