Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

good public pvp druid???

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Tiidus, Apr 13, 2008. | Replies: 35 | Views: 2673

1. Tiidus

Tiidus IncGamers Member

good public pvp druid???

Hey all,

Thinking of making a druid for public pvp duel games.

Just wondered wot everyone thinks is best? and how do they cope with the usual cookie cutters? i.e sorc hdins bone necro's

(Not a windy already got 1 and love him, but i need something new)
  2. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Re: good public pvp druid???

Fury/Rabies for the win :D Or Pure Fury if you can pull off the charms.

3. Tiidus

Tiidus IncGamers Member

Yeah I was thinking maybe a rabies, but because there melee do they get owned by alot of chars??

e.g how do you cope going through hammers?

Also could you please list the pro's/con's of the builds u suggest. thanks
  4. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Fury/Rabies Hybrid, as posted in the stickies by Stoute :
    Pros - Two damage types, high damage output on both, can detect desynch with summons, gear independent enough to add stack without crippling the build, hell on wheels against casters and smiters, high life, Best fhr in the game

Cons - No teleport in wereform, minor (some call it major) bug with fury animation (mainly an issue vs smiters, but that's what rabies is for), Get's ganked a LOT when the pubby morons realize you can pwn all of them

Pure Fury :
    Pros - Very high life/ar/damage, Best fhr in the game, also capable of stack, also can detect desynch with summons

Cons - No teleport in wereform, bug with fury more prominent, though again mainly vs smiters. Also gets ganked a lot in pubs, but with more charm room, probably has more r/w to get clear (mine with full frw gear can desynch without vigor).

5. Tiidus

Tiidus IncGamers Member

i see.

How do they compared vs hdins, bowzons and trap sins?

Don't spose ur on ladder west? if so would you mind dueling me so I see how they do?
  6. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Lol. Shapeshifters are only fun if you don't mind dying.
    I am hinting you that you will die alot without even landing a single hit.
    You won't win against what... 95%+ of the classes out there.

Unless the other player makes a mistake or plays dumb, you won't win.
  7. Tiidus

Tiidus IncGamers Member

mm ok thx dream :(

Any idea's of a class? or arent there any other than windys
  8. DayDream

Fire?
    Windy
    Shapeshift
    ...Town guard summon <--Lame and easily owned :p
  9. Tiidus

Tiidus IncGamers Member

Not sure what you mean dream???

So what class was that your saying does well in pvp pubs? :p
  10. DayDream

Only thing a druid is good with and can fairly duel with top classes is windy. Any others from a druid is weak or sorbable.

If you don't mind dying and only play for fun then make a fury/rabies. Don't expect too much and brace yourself for easy k.o's.

There also doesn't seem to be much shapeshift dedicated duels as you may see for zeal, bvb, smite.
  11. Tiidus

Tiidus IncGamers Member

k maybe i wont :(

Hate dieing, i get frustrated if i die once in a duel game lol.
  12. PacoQuerak

PacoQuerak IncGamers Member

TRUE DAT!

As for this other guy i can assure you he is not speaking from experience. Fury druids can hold their own against almost anyone, esspecialy in a pub duel. It is uncommon for me to not be able to kill someone in a pub and even uncommon for me to die unless they are really trying hard to bad manner. The only charecter that you cannot win against is a bone necro period. I kill top casters on east ladder routinely, though it is deffinatly extremly challanging and i lose to them often. I dominate most melee duels, even Elite Zeal Duel until one of the real god zealers pop in and i still hold my own against them.
    Here i will break out what i think is the hardest duel for me to the easiest

Bone necro (they can slow you, wall you and sit back and snipe you from off your screen, no fun : (

Fist of heavens. They can desynch and foh you without even appearing on your mini map. If you do manage to catch them however they die quickly. Luckily they actualy have to be somewhat close to convict you which they usualy will and most of the time they appear on your screen affter the first foh hit and you can give chaise then.

Fire Ball, they hit extremly hard and fast and are even dangerous up close where you need to be hitting them. Luckily fire ball is rather easy to dodge at range and even close up simply by running at slight angles.

Traps, They run and run and run and mindblast you into oblivion, but luckily we can fool their traps by distracting them with a spamed summon bear and with t gods they don't do all that much damage. Luckily most of the good one s are making hybrids who do less lightning damage and do the work for you of getting close. Almost allways if they whirlwind me they die to e tomb. unlike barbarians i will run directly affter a whirlwinding assassin, while they will hit me a bit, namelocking them while they whirl away will make them take more damage then they will deal to me.

Bvb and bva barbarians are extremly hard but with practice you do have a good chance. Last one i was dueling used e bug fort, that is freakin impossible, don't even bother with someone like that.

Blizz sorcs and lightning sorcs i will ball together, as i am really really good at dodging both their attacks and what is really funny is the ones who use mods like aa are offten extremly easy as they will miss you quite offten. You say but paco how can you not get hit by aa bliz? Well, with frw most of it will miss you and i am not exactly sure how it works but sertain parts of the blizzard hit at different times, so if you run out of it the right way it won't hit you at all. Lightning does mega damage, still hard.

Aw the acursed smiter. People here say rabies has a better chance. I disagree, you need mondo ar to get past their defense and because rabies is uninteruptible, smite won't knock you back, which is actualy the reason why they are beatable. Why? well if you use a 4 or 5 range weapon they will knock you out of their range and hopefully they will get hit as they move forward and into your range. Eth tomb or ebotd gpa are nice choices, but the best as i have recently gotten the chance to test is a doom giant thresher or great poleaxe. The poleaxe does more damage but the first hit is 9 frame while the giant thresher first hit is 8. The subsiquent hits are 5/5/5/5. The cold prevents them from being able to charge lock you while you tac away at them and smite's speed is greatly reduced. Only good smiters beat me with any regularity and even the best die about half of the time, this is my claim and i am sticking to it.

Hey we're getting close to the end huh? Boazons are challanging, but if you have more frw then they do and they use a rythim, you need one too. However with a nice frame 4 weapons (griswold's redeamer with 3 40/15s and a Lo rune) when they stop to shoot, switch from run to walk and if you start swinging (as well as your ravens start pecking) they will find it very hard to get away as they will be dodging a lot. They usualy die in 1-2 hits with griswold's which is a very low damage weapon. If you realy can't catch them try a doom berserker axe (although this is considered bad manners)

Wind druids. They have to get close to you to kill you. You need 50 dr and an e tomb for this duel, there aren't many options besides coa + enigma + eth tomb. The are the only charecter who can teleslam you and have a good chance of killing you if you are properly prepared, but they usualy don't anyways : 0 I recomend life tap and try to feral rage the minions without letting nados hit you, once the ball is pretty big go in for the kill. Esspecialy go in for the kill if life tap goes off, tap that ***.

Next up the hammerdin. I won't go into this too much, but desnych is mostly countered by shift clicking with a big 4 or 5 range weapon and making sure to keep moving, never stay in one place in case they don't move close to you as desnych hammers still work in the same way. If they do move close to you, they will be charging and probobly get hit in the process. Doom keeps them from desynching up close which is the most confusing kind. If they teleslam you and you got e tomb, usualy if you are clicking and shifting they will almost allways die. Best bet though and esspecialy with a slower weapon is to move just slightly south and then smash shift as this is their blind spot where their hammers can't hit you.

While other enemies can prove chalanging, everything else besides what i listed is a good match up for you (not that some of those aren't). You might have to play around with your gear and figure out what works best against what, for example you might actualy need frw to position yourself best against a quick bvc. Also you need melee gear and inventory to stand up against melee, but you are pretty much evenly matched with the proper setup vs any melee.

Here are some charecters that i find esspecialy easy and my record of dieing to them is made up of my own personal blunders. Charged strike zons (with an e tomb the ones who mod with far cast are actualy easier as they will not be in range to hit you with a physical attack and as a result probobly won't put you into fhr, plus with lots of frw and as long as you run strait at them none of the bolts will hit you, they will appear right out of your butt.) Nova sorcs EZPK HAHA, they relly on fhr lock and don't do enough damage to do it to even a 7k life wolf (i get possibly 9500 with the gear i use). Fire claw bears : / i never stack resistances with them and they just can't do enough damage while i put them again and again in fhr with ebotdz aldurs boots is key here. Charge paladins rarely even damage me : / and still die unless they one shot me if i go two handed (bad idea). And finaly almost all of the list of hardest to easiest above almost all of the time in any public duel hahaha. Even bad bone necros are hard tho, but usualy the bad ones are gonna spam bone wall at you and that is their downfall. If they cast bone wall 5 times connected and you hit it with rabies the game is as good as dropped and usualy they are so surprised they don't make it back into the duel because they don't remember the game name : D

Wolves are fun and challanging and yes they don't compete so well with a lot of the best casters but who want's to be #1 at a retarded video game anyways? People who say you shouldn't play a wolf because against the top casters you will lose need to grow up and realize this is a game and you should be playing for fun and not to be the best.
    Yes.

Might i add that smite vs smite dedicated duels are retarded and not fun at all and almost allways end in less then 5 seconds? yes I think i will.

13. PacoQuerak

Sorry for double post, but here is a couple reasons why this is so. Werewolves can stack tons of life up into the biggest mound of any kind of char in the game. They can run faster than most non casters teleport and attack faster than anything besides a kick assassin or a ww barb as well as sporting the best fhr of any char with very low reqs. This leaves room for resistance stacking, damage items and sextra life. The pure speed of a wolf will make a lot of chars be far behind you on the offensive, wolves make people run and they run for their very lives. Even the second toughest char, barbarians without max block can be destroyed b e tomb nearly instantly if they run out of mana for their next whirl or simply are slow on their click by a split second. (not saying this is how you beat them)
    You do more damage faster than anything. You do more damage than anything but a sacrafice paladin LOL, or a charger. You attack so fast that that many opponent's defenses actualy end up being their downfall LOL. Dodge makes it much harder for any zon who uses it to get away, energy shield will leave sorcs sitting helpless being smacked as their mana is drained instantly! People with slow block or even too fast block will be spending all their time blocking and not attacking you or fleeing!

Sorry to be sensational but wolves are that, I play in elite zeal duel all the time, when people come thinking they are going to ezpk some meleers, i challange them to gm and keep killing them (no nks, no jumps and no bo kills) until they realize they aren't having fun and leave. Duel me. We will have fun!

Also a nice note to beguiners, they have 2 charecter specific helms which are very powerful and will be easy for anyone to get so they are good for beguiners who can't even afford a shako so even poor people will probobly be better than other's just starting out. The only expensive parts of a werewolf are rabies swap if you use it, the weapons, the charms, and the jewels that the best werewolf would socket into his socketable items. Though shaels are awsome too!. Shael jalal and you hit the second best breakpoint which is really all that you need. If you can't afford a good weapon right away death cleaver shaeld isn't too expensive and is competative with a lot of the top gear. A regular tomb reaver for the poor will still fhr lock many many casters.
  14. Tiidus

Tiidus IncGamers Member

Paco u on west???

if ne1 has a good druid, id like to see how they do vs my pvp chars?
  15. DayDream

There was actually a huge arguement in the pvp section regarding shapeshifters
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=635981

Common agreement:
    Dies alot
    Dies alot
    Can hold their own
    Cannot hold their own? wait...

You'll have to be good to kill the average pubbie but I don't think you will have a chance against somebody that a) knows what they are doing b) has great items.

I do have a druid and dodging has its limits. You'll have to get hit sooner or later when you make contact. I'm always force to put on a sorb of some sort.

I'll rank it good but under average build.

Anyways, I can only recommend reading the guides, read the thread I linked, think long and hard, and think of your current finance.
  16. saintofblades

saintofblades IncGamers Member

im on us west, im not a very good pvp player but i can show u my wolf if u like.

*fiacla-gear:thumbsup:
  17. PacoQuerak

It has nothing to do with great items, for the majority of charecters if you the gap is close between the druid and the oppoent the opponent is about to be dead : / caster's are good based 90% on skills, my experience is having smashed plenty of casters with p gear with crap on my windy and fire druids.
    p damage death's fathoms are a common site in pubs. So are p chars. Not that many people play on east so a lot of really good charecters will be in pubs. I have been called the best druid they have ever seen many many times though, so get the gear i am gonna post up in the next thread i am making : D
  18. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

i do agree that wolves/bears can be very good and hold their own, but they are still on the lower end of the pvp ladder.

dueling stupid pubbie kids who claim to be #1 (who hasnt done this ?) in what ever class they play don't count.
  19. PacoQuerak

What i was reffering to was not stupid pubbies, people who rock and have "cred" ROFL on jsp.
    Like YouTried, Akrid, VeNoM-BaM, StarOfChaos...hard to remember names, but i am compling screenshots from today on since i finaly figured out how to get it to work.

20. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

NOOOOOB :rolleyes: I dont think that's true at all... only if they make a mistake? hehe ha

There's really bad zons, sins, pallys etc too. All depends on how well built, only diff is most aren't wlling to give it a go and go the distance with Shapers, or divert from standard cookie cutter builds to know that. Clearly he hasn't seen really gg Fury/Rabies, FC, or shocksummon builds.

Funny 'cause... those "95% of the classes" you speak of, I've consistently destroyed most using a friggin' teleporting summoner.. think that says something. :wink3:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008