Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gold prices? Sell now? Where are the bots?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by galzohar, Sep 5, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 5605

1. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

As 1.0.4 came out, gold on EU was as low as 0.67 euro per million. It quickly went up over the course of a couple days to 1.3 euro for 1mil and then continued to slowly climb to the 1.4 where it is today (today I noticed the first drop in price to slightly below 1.4).

I wonder how long this will last. Did botting get royally screwed by 1.0.4, possibly the change to amount of gold dropped by little monsters such as scorpions? Are bots maybe afraid to run after a new patch as they don't know what the new version can catch and what they can get away with?

Looking at Kripp's video from when profiles came out and comparing ali#2398, I haven't noticed any gear/spec changes and "only" 17,000 additional elite kills. Most other bots on the list you can see in his video don't seem to even show up on the top 20. This might indicate that the top botters might have gone inactive 1.0.4 or maybe even been inactive for a longer period. Maybe even banned - Will need to track their elite kills longer to really say. Anyone knows if banned accounts still have visible profiles?

What I really wonder is if price of gold will ever go down or just stay around where it is right now. And regardless, I'm not sure if I should keep trying to upgrade my gear (where I would need many many hours of farming just to improve farming speed by 1-2% and thus need 100s of hours to pay it back) or just take the euros. Especially considering that I'm getting kinda bored of farming.

What do you guys think?
  2. Kailenaa

Kailenaa IncGamers Member

Bots are still here. Im wondering, why the hell they dont ban the most obvious ones... warden system? It's a joke. I Got ppl in friendlist that are online 24/7, relogin every 2min. I Talked with them, theyre using very simple bot from polish auction site bought for few $. I Belive that wouldn't be a problem to catch them by blizzard if they just would like to do that.
  3. Rocko

Rocko IncGamers Member

Since the gold price has went up, something must have happened.

I would guess that demand has lowered since the patch. Elites got nerfed and some builds/gear got thrashed. Less people need nor want to spend real cash to progress, especially if you never know what patch changes will bring in the future. I think people are more wary.

The only thing left to counter this loss in demand then is that the supply of gold has been lowered by quite alot...
  4. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

Are you so sure this isn't just a market adjustment? If at first sellers rushed to sell IGG on RMAH it could have caused a temporary drop in the prices. Perhaps sellers (not bots) are realizing they can get 1.4 or so per million?
  5. morik

morik IncGamers Member

Loss in demand? Less demand = lower prices, not higher prices.

I think you mean increase in demand.

6. Rocko

Rocko IncGamers Member

No, I meant what I wrote. I think both demand and supply has lowered and if the prices have increased that means supply has gone down by ALOT. The price for 1M dropped from 1.40€ to 1.20€ recently though.

7. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

"gold savings account", WTF? Is this one of those weird posters that are really advertising?
  8. galzohar

May be. I thought gold would bounce with 1.0.5 hype but apparently the "1.0.5 is out time to sell useless gold" hype won over it.
  9. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Adding +gf% to paragon levels may not have been the wisest decision... Gold is at 40 c / mill right now on Eu and it looks like it keeps falling. I thought 1.0.5. would bring back a lot of quitters, but apparently it's overshadowed by botting + paragon level gf... Fact is that without the auction house no one would use gold for trading anymore. I wonder when it becomes so bad that people won't accept gold anymore, or at least will not sell the best items through the auction house? There may already be items worth 2 billion ++. Gl trading them outside ah with scams and hacks galore.
  10. galzohar

Yeah, gold is a pretty crappy currency as the only real use is to pay AH fees. The game definitely needs more stuff to do with gold. Though I think the main reason for price drop is people giving up on upgrading their gear and decide to cash out or at least not spend any $ on anything, be it gold or items.