Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Goal accomplished

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by scwormy, Oct 25, 2012. | Replies: 17 | Views: 2009

1. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

I finally have beat Inferno with all five character classes without using the auction house!

I essentially played each class at the same time. I'd complete an act with one character and then move on the the next character.

My barb was the first to beat Diablo (1.04) the day before 1.05 was released.

My witch doctor and Wizard then beat him the day 1.05 was released (MP1)
    A couple days later my DH beat him. (Toughest fight by far, almost always was killed in the shadow realm by my clone).

Took some time off and farmed with my WD and then tried tonight with my monk on MP1. It was by far the easiest of the five battles, but I also had 29% crit and 750 LoH for the battle.

My rules:

No AH buying (selling ok)
    No trading
    Gear can be traded between characters, but only if they get an upgrade (ie - no gear swapping BiS)
    Questing was always done solo.
    MP (seldom) were only for farming purposes.

2. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

Congrats... you beat me to it. I'm trying to do the same thing. I have 2 characters (WD and Barb) who are likely up to the task, but the other 3 are still very much works in progress.

I'm trying to wrap up act 3 with my Barb right this moment... going pretty well, on my way to Cydaea.

I was hoping to get it done with at least 1 character before 1.0.5, but alas, it didn't happen.

Post a link to your profile so we can see your victorious heroes. :)

3. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

Sv: Goal accomplished

Well done!

I defeated diablo with my wizard just a few days ago, also self-found.

Although inferno have been nerfed, it was not easy, and it was a great feeling :)

4. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

Well done!

I still have some way to go with a similar project, but HC and single-pass untwinked (except for gold and crafting ingredients)...what was the most fun character for you?

5. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Congrats, a noble effort indeed as I play self found only as well.

6. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

Thanks for the congratulations guys.

As requested, here is a link to my profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sithlore-1558/

The character I had the most fun with....ummm...not sure, they all have their benefits and disadvantages.

Probably my wizard since that was my first, but also that it seemed to require the most strategy as far as knowing when to use diamond skin and/or teleport out of trouble.

Once 1.04 hit, my WD became my most powerful character so that is currently what I'm using to farm (MP3). My next goal will be beating the ubers so I'm currently farming, but ensuring that I hit the keywarden each game played.

My barb is the ultimate tank (not playing a tornado/ww build), but rather a straight up frenzy/wrath tank. Up until A3, I had been using sword and board, but up against Ghom changed it out for a 2nd hand with a more loh and stayed with the dual weapon approach. (Just switched my mainhand yesterday for one with more damage but no LoH, but haven't tried it out yet).

My DH was probably my least favourite since up until this patch it had minimal defensive skills (yes, I had lingering fog, vault and shadow power, but I still died a lot). Now that 1.05 is out, it's better since I can now have a companion (Boar) that will take some damage for me. He's still not my favourite character though.

Finally the monk. By far the best character for single targets (bosses), but he still struggles when dealing with packs. He was a lot of fun to play though since he uses a wide variety of skills (and none are cast and forget).

7. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

It's nice to hear that someone made it! Congratulations!

Also, nice pick on WD for farmer. Imo, it's the best choice for farming, if you're untwinked or "not that twinked". Just a tip - if you feel that, at a certain point, one of your skills isn't being used a lot (usually happened with ZD or grasp of the dead), switch it to horrify/running rune, just to run faster and speed up your runes. I didn't played with my WD after 1.0.5 to check if ZD are surviving now. Judging by my DHs boar, maybe they're doing well now (still not like gargantuan-tanks-Izual-on-1.0.4.).

I plan to train my WD on the Multiplayer arts, since Gargatuan seems to be a very solid tank. If somehow he's able to tank ubers, I'll start gearing up my guy. Soon.

My DH is at Diablo's door, dying for his clone, idkh2p this, lack of attention, etc. I'll park it there and this week/weekend I plan to move my wizard through inferno. And I - hate - wizards. For some reason, the class always felt underpowered to me, even when it was op. Imagine now....

8. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

Congrats. Those are some nice looking characters.

9. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Hail to you, champion!

10. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Congrats on the accomplishment, I'm trying to do the same goal. I am glad to see that it's possible.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Christonian-1477/

Unfortuately both my WD and monk are lagging behind in levels since I find I have less interest in playing them compared to the other classes.

My biggest concern was finding decent all resist gear in inferno, but my DH seem to be doing alright in finding some gear. I guess the next step is to keep my eyes peeled for LOH gear, since it seems necessary.

11. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

It's definitely possible Zhao, but can be time consuming since you're going at a slower pace then everyone else since you'll have slightly lower gear.

I may have gotten some pretty lucky drops, but really I only did about 20 farming sessions.
    10 A3 Hell runs (Cydea/Azmodan) before entering Inferno (1.04) and 10 A1 Inferno runs (Warden/Butcher) (1.04).

When 1.05 came out, I then did another 10 runs or so (not boss runs, just general farm runs) in A1 on MP1.

Now I've been doing A1 (MP3) runs almost extensively. I've probably done 30 or so while both farming and trying to finish off my A1 accomplishments. (Only 1 more to go - Hanging Tree in the Weeping Hollow).

One thing that I should mention is that I have a pretty integrated spreadsheet that I use which mathematically evaluates if an item is an upgrade for any of my characters. I don't ALWAYS switch, but I'll at least do a more thorough comparison that way.

I've been pretty lucky over the past 2 days as I've had 4 nice legendary drops

Barb got a new main hand - Echoing Fury with a double strength roll
    WD got a pair of Blackthornes with a double socket for one of the random stats.
    DH got a Natalyia's reflection Ring
    and an ilvl 63 spear that isn't an upgrade for anyone.

12. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Grats! Really nice to see stuff like this coming through. :)

13. ILikeRocks

ILikeRocks IncGamers Member

Congrats sir! I hove only beaten it with one char since release... I get to Nightmare act 2 and get bored with it lol. Maybe one day I will get through the end with all the classes :thankyou:

14. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

Thought I'd just continue on with this thread rather than creating a new one.

Completed another goal last week by beating inferno with my HC Witch Doctor completely self found and single pass through (except for one area of A3 Hell where I ran the keeps twice).

Got a couple of pretty lucky drops in A3 Hell primarily with the weapon that I used for most of inferno that helped me accomplish the task.
    Relied on Spirit Vessel a total of 3 times.
    Two of the three times were when facing Azmodan and got hit with his fireball (once was just not paying attention, the other was trying to avoid the pool). The last time, I tried switching up the build a bit, and it was NOT successful, so went back to a more defensive approach.

A few pretty stressful situations, but overall I enjoyed the additional challenge/stress.

15. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Congrats! A great accomplishment... and I'm not just saying that because I did this myself a few months ago.

I managed to get my WD through it in 1.0.4 -- other characters had to wait until 1.0.5 by sheer luck of the RNG I use to determine which character I play on any given day. IMO, the single-player difficulty for self-found is WD (easiest) > DH > Barb > Monk > Wizard, but that's just me.

16. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

I completely agree that WD is the easiest which is why I tried him first. (I tried a wizard in 1.03 (maybe 1.02) and he died at level 42 (A2 NM). I'm now trying again with the wizard to see how that goes.

I agree with your ranking except for the DH. I would have placed the DH after the Monk (that's more due to the fact that I had the hardest time with my DH when my self found SC characters beat inferno in 1.03 or 1.04. (Barb was the only one who could get past Rakanoth in 1.03).

17. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Congratulations :thumbup: The game is certainly not "too easy" when you don't use the AH.

I just beat Inferno with my DH, that leaves only my Barb. Hopefully later this week.

18. PandadudeSP

PandadudeSP IncGamers Member

Demon hunters have gotten some new tricks in the last patches though ;) sentry and spike trap do massive damage to elites/champions/bosses, bola shot or grenades can permastun minions after the buff to crowd control, boar is a pretty good tank, armor/health/AR buffs from disciplined and boar, and its easy to stack lots of life regen with brooding (which will be double next patch). My DH in a3 inferno has around 400 AR, 6k armor, 10k dps, 55k hp and 1k life regen single pass self found. Killed belial before his 2nd round of meteors. Id say my DH is better and safer than my WD played the same way if it wasnt for the lack of spirit vessel which just makes it impossible to die unless youre playing with 1 hand.