Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Give me a hand with my full aldur's summon Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by FrankieTeardrop, Mar 2, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2743

1. FrankieTeardrop

FrankieTeardrop IncGamers Member

Give me a hand with my full aldur's summon Druid

So I have a nice collection of Druid summon GCs -- many also possessing juicy life mods -- and just found aldur's armor to complete the set, so I am in the process of remaking the town dump-esque summoner I had last year. I'm looking for a few pieces of advice before I get in too deep.

First of all, I know I will be maxing dire wolf, grizzly, and heart of wolverine. I know that spirit wolf, as a synergy, adds defense and attack rating, but it doesn't specify how much in the game. With max HoW I am assuming my dire wolves (my minion of choice) will hit often enough without maxing spirit wolves too. Am I correct in this assumption, and if so, would it be best to max maul, werebear, or lycanthropy as a 4th skill? I am leaning towards maul right now, as I will be using reapers toll on switch, which I'm hoping will do enough damage to make maul's damage amplification really shine.

Second, while I prefer to let my wolves do most of the fighting while I shockwave from the back, there will surely be times when I will be joining in the fray. As mentione previously, I will be using reaper's toll for the most part -- especially if here are PIs present. However, I do love the glow of full aldur's and am wondering if there is anything I can socket in the mace to make it less crappy. I don't have any nice jewels, so I'm pretty much limited to runes.

My main gear will be:
    -full aldur's
    -reaper's toll on switch
    -angelic ring + ammy / raven frost
    -soul drainer gloves
    -verdungo's
    -stormshield

And my prebuffing gear for summons will include:
    -dark clan crusher
    -lidless wall
    -dual sojs
    -mara's or seraph's hymn
    -arachnid mesh
    -shako or jalal's

Gear suggestions are appreciated. This is SP with no RWM, so no spirit.

Thanks in advance guys (and gals?)
  2. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Re: Give me a hand with my full aldur's summon Druid

Aldurs doesn't have enough physical damage to work with really. I suggest getting fireclaws as the attack skill and that'll kill the PIs too.
  3. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Hmm... Here are my thoughts:

Go up the SS tree and Get SW for WB. That gives you Maul as well which won't be that great but you shouldn't be in any real danger with SW spam.

For the weapon: Shael/Shael/Lo will help, though it'll still be absolutely terrible.
  4. FrankieTeardrop

FrankieTeardrop IncGamers Member

Like I said, I'll be attacking with reaper's toll for the most part (that is, when I'm even attacking at all. I prefer to let my wolves do that.). I'm really just using Aldurs weapon to complete the set for style points so I can be a big glowing bear. Plus, the orange mace is pretty in its own right, and looks dope with the orange antlers. Since it seems that there is nothing I could socket it with to make it a worthwhile attacking weapon, I guess I'll just put some resist jewels in it. I'll only be using shockwave when it's equipped, so it won't matter much.
  5. DreamTraveler

DreamTraveler IncGamers Member

Hm, what would be the damage output for your summons? Are they gonna get the job done in hell?
  6. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

You are going to want to get poison creeper and max out his potential damage as against single targets he is useless .. but against huge mobs he kills them insanely fast expecially if you spam mat him ... use search function for how that works. This also means off hand and socket uses should/could be used for poison facets.

Also get werebear and shockwave at the very least. When you get to hell you will pretty much have to go w/ grizzly or shockwave monsters as wolves wont last long.

Best weapon iirc is a kuko bow w/ crushing blow stacked ... been so long since I played ... i think you may need a piercing belt for that bow so it hits multi targets when it pierces through them. Only problem is then you don't get full set bonus ... I actually gave up on full set bonus when I did this since weapon was crap. If anything socket it w/ poison facets for poison creeper spam.

I actually solo'ed to diablo in hell mode on hc as a summoner w/ kuko bow and other crap gear ... i had to get help on diablo as I couldnt do enough damage to him.

Good luck and don't underestimate the poison creeper!!
  7. wickedswami

wickedswami IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure poison facets will not increase the poison damage of your creeper.