Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Girl fight: amazon x assassin x soceress. Who's the queen of lightning damage?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Hector, Mar 25, 2013. | Replies: 22 | Views: 3035

1. Hector

Hector IncGamers Member

Thinking about Lightning builds other day, it was a fun coincidence that the three female classes have about the strongest lightning builds. The paladin has a shock build but I can't be sure he's as strong as a well geared lightning sorc, light javazon or light trapsin.

So, who's the strongest lightning damage dealer in the game; amazon, assassin or sorceress?

Edit: sorry I mistyped 'sorceress' in the title and now I can't fix it.
  2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

In terms of pure highest damage number, I'd say Sorceress, but she also has the lowest possible lightning damage...
    In terms of esthetics, I'd say Amazon, she would fit the picture of a Greek Goddess as well, since the Assassin doesn't use lightning as an attack, she merely places traps which are sort of minions who cause lightning.

So, personally, I'm very fond of Sorceress, but I think Amazon wins the Queen title.
  3. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

First, my favv char is the LF/CS Amazon Godess! ;)

My best light sorc ever, in terms of dmg, had a Lightning attack dmg of max 55k.
    My best Javazon however did ~125k in max dmg with her Charged strike. VS big monsters like Diablo or Baal anyways.

Amazon beats sorc/assa in many aspects imo(did I miss to say imo?), hotness, strength, kill speed, utility, fun to level, cheaper items.. etc.

Peace and love amazons!
  4. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

Can I still change my 8.5k charged strike into 120k?:D
  5. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Hahaha! Im not giving clues mate! Promise! ;)

That was my first Javazon, she reached an impressive lvl 99 actually, and she had a 6Java/40IAS Ceremonial Javelin! :D
  6. plasmo

plasmo IncGamers Member

Charged strike Amazon and charged bolt sorceress at point blank range are fairly close damage-wise, IIRC, although I think charged strike was a bit better. For mobs, lightning fury Amazon and chain lightning sorceress are also pretty close. It depends on your gear, skills / synergies, and play style. I tended to use the Amazon when I was killing everything and the sorceress if I was just going after bosses since the sorceress could teleport so much faster. I thoroughly enjoyed both. :) Never really got into Assassins.
  7. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Not even close.. The amazons Charged strike does at least 2-3 times the dmg Charged Bolt does.

An example:
    1# (my own setup)
    Sorc with +23 sk from gear. With +40% Ldmg from gear. (Also about -25% Enemy Lres)
    Has a Charged Bolt dmg of an average ~860dmg. 24 bolts equal ~20600 dmg.

2# (my own setup)
    Amazon with +23sk from gear. With +30% Ldmg from gear. (Also about -35% Enemy Lres)
    Has a Charged Strike dmg of an average ~5,4k. 11 bolts equal ~59500 dmg.

If we calculate attacks/sec with the same gear as above. Then the sorc has an 8frame cast speed. And the amazon an 11frame attack speed.

So the Sorc has about 38% more attacks/sec.

(~)20600*1,38 = (~)28428 dmg.

Conclusion, if Im correct (This was my own working setups for both characters) the Amazon does about 2x times the dmg/sec! And then comes the -res aswell! ;)

EDIT: Yeah, Im having a giveaway to do, and had 20min to kill to prevent tempban! ;)
  8. Dawnmaster

But this is assuming all bolts from all attacks actually hit 1 target, you'd be better of with a well aimed lightning, average damage might be lowish, but the spikes hit 45+k.
  9. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Its good to have such dmg in baalruns. Sure against smaller opponents, as in the CS, its not that great. SO Charge Strike is for bosses, Lightning Fury/Chain Lightning for the ordinary packs.

Depending on number of players in the game, I can kill Baal in 2-3 hits.
  10. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Charged Strike also originates at the focus point of the javelin, so all of the bolts are more likely to hit the boss. Where as even if you are point blank range with a sorc some of the outer edge bolts may not connect since they are automatically spread by some distance.
  11. Glitterlance

Glitterlance IncGamers Member

It's all situational. Against lightning immunes - with proper strategy and positioning the assassin just shines above the rest. I'll have to give the amazon 10 points for style. As for big numbers, the sorceress is the queen.
  12. Xuhao

Xuhao IncGamers Member

the thing about lightling is that you can actually break pretty much all imunities if you have the right gear. That is hard to do with other damage types..(had a sorc once that broke all lightning immunities, with uber tristam as the only exception. My gear was very expensive, but not perfect. Pretty sure i checked the numbers, and found that absolutely perfect gear will break lightning immunity on all monsters in the game, including ubers.)

As long as the gear isnt good enough (to break immunities on a hell-baal run), i think the assassin would be stronger than the other two.

With the right gear the javazon would trash all mobs at a glanze, most likely faster than a sorc and an assasin combined...

But back in the days... Back in the beginning, when sorcs could pick up ANY item using telekinesis - Oh what a queen she was !!.. (and what a freaking nasty b**ch as well)

in pvp however... the assassin would probably take first place..
  13. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

The highest immune resistance you can break is "the" 112Lres monsters, with a merc using Infinity.. There are unbreakable monsters.
  14. Xuhao

Xuhao IncGamers Member

- Ty for that info. I actually thought that you could break the "unbreakable" resist IF you had ALL the godly goods like a perfect griffon, perfect escuta, merc w. perfect infi and you where totally maxed out on those (perfect) facet jewels in all items, e.i 4 in a shield like a jmod, and so on..
    - i remember doing some calculation on it (i had that sorc) with the conclusion that a even a 1% shortage would mean that you could not break the immunity of ubers, but perfect all, and you could.
    You would, however, need really uber gear because all sockets in the armor and shield would be needed for facets.This means no runewords or buffs from runes in sockets.. Maybe you would even need a 6s crystal blade, dont recal.
    But basicly, to make this work you would need godly blue 4s armor and godly blue 4s shield and perhaps even a 6s sword.
    - Anyway, this is OT (sorry bout that) and on my part purely speculation that i did a long time ago.
    I might remember wrong, or have made some mistake when doing the calculation... Besides its only relevant in theory, since ill never get such gear hehe
    Im gonna trust that you know better and find comfort in then fact that you didnt argue my statemoen concerning the assasin winning pvp vs zon and sorc :)

edit: i checked - facets and griffons doesent help to break immunities, they apply after the immunity is broken. So i stand corrected ;)
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  15. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Sry, misstyped. Its a 116 Lres monsters.

-%res on items doesnt work on resistances over 99%. (100%< is considered immune.)

And Lower Resist+ Conviction Aura only has a 20% effect on immunes. Which means -30% on a maxed C.Aura. And iirc, -13 for LW.
    Infinity only provides a lvl 12 C.Aura.(= -85% Res) Which means = -17% to enemy resistances.

Once its broken the resistance from rbf's/Griffons/Thunderstroke kicks in.

My own Javazon has almost perf -res on her set of gear. (1% missing on griffons) So she lowers the immunes resistances a -17%, breaks them (hopefully) and then adds another -49% to Lres!

I do, and will4eva', love JavaZons. So in my world Amazon is the winner! ;)

Peace
  16. Dawnmaster

Quick in between question:

if conviction alone is not enough to break the immunity, but together with lower resist it is, after which facets kick in lowering it further
    now, should lower resist wear off before the monster is dead, does the immunity stay broken (the monsters res go back up but not enough to reach immunity, or how does this work then?)

eg:
    135% res, -30% convict, -10% lower, -40% facets
    105%, -10%lower, -40% facets
    95%, -40% facets
    55%
    lower resist wears off
    65%? or 105%?
    which is it now? (immunity was broken before so?)
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  17. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

no in-game knowledge to speak of, but if you consider the fact that you -res effects from items apply to only your attacks, and the monster's status of being immune or not is visible to all players, I'm betting if lower res runs out and was necessary for breaking the immunity, then the monster will once again be immune.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  18. Dawnmaster

Ah yes ofcourse, stupid me ^^
  19. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Yeah, pharphis is correct.

Another note is this.

If a monster is immune to an element, it is always considered an immune. Even if you break the immunity with one source of -res%, the second one will always, just as the first source, be penalized to 20% effectiveness.

So even if Conviction aura breaks the immunity down to, lets say, 90% resists. Lower Resist will still only have a 20% effect.

Peace and love
  20. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

I think you have a typo there phar, if lower resist wears off then the monster will be immune once again.