Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gearing up solo wizard for Inferno

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Arirmind, Nov 14, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 1659

1. Arirmind

Arirmind IncGamers Member

Hello!

How much life / resist / armor / damage you need before you can comfortaply start advancing inferno? I`m on quite tight budget. I have only 2.5 million gold, but I`m not aiming for wealth or the best gear I just want to beat this game.

Currently my only decent item is this 1-hand wand:

777.7 dps
    298-614 fire dmg
    62 dex
    165 int
    145 vit
    +9 max arcane
    1 socket (clean)

Will this do or do i have to upgrade so i dont die to enraged bosses?

So I have 2.5M to find good deals for 10 items or so :p
    How would you spend this gold? If I just need better stuff where would you grind that on Hell?
  2. bikkel

bikkel IncGamers Member

Simple: Aim for 600-700 AR. 15K+DPS. 35K+ Health. 900+LoH. 50%+damage reduction from armor.

You will be fine then (on MP0).
  3. Arirmind

Arirmind IncGamers Member

Ok I`m now 15k dps, 700-800 AR, 40k health, 60% damage reduction from armor. So I`m a bit stronger on defence than offence if those are overal goals to start. I can definitely do some stuff on act 1 inferno but I`m wondering how much i should grind up more before I move to face Bucher or after that belial.

What are good grinding places to attempt to increase my gear and find something decent to sell. Can i do that on act 1? I feel that I`m quite far from act 3 grinding spots so what are good places before that on act 1 and after that on act 2? And lastly: when i can expect to find some chased legendaries like maras or similar loot?

EDIT: As i have played this new updated D3 just about a week so i wonder if this my old school Hydra-Blizz build is still viable and safe? All the talk about stacking crits made me wonder if my build is good enough all the way to the end.
  4. bikkel

bikkel IncGamers Member

Build type is personal. if you like it: stick with it.

15k is pretty low. Try to get a better weapon.
  5. Tempapo

Tempapo IncGamers Member

I cleared inferno as Hydra/Blizz with pretty low crit % (15.5?). Didn't have trouble with anything. It is very viable. Only time I switched skills was magic missile etc for single target boss fights.

For the Butcher fight I was at 40k hp, 18k dps, 420 all res and 1.69 attacks per second and the fight lasted about 1min 45 sec, if that info helps at all. That was pre-1.0.5 too.

Belial I had 50k hp, 29k dps, 700 all res and he died in under a minute.