Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gear Questions - Mauler Bear

Discussion in 'Druid' started by LANG DEEZY, May 16, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 1941

1. LANG DEEZY

LANG DEEZY IncGamers Member

Hi All,

Just a few questions considering the gear setup of a 1.13 mauler:

1. I was wondering if a BOTD War Pike is a viable 2-H Weapon for the Werebear Mauler in PvM -- heck, PvP as well? If so, what off-weapon IAS will I need for respectable speed?
    2. Would an IK Maul with 2 40ed/15ias jewels (along with IK gloves and boots) be better?
    3. I also have a Grief PB, but I keep hearing that a shield is more or less a drawback on a Werebear Mauler. Is that the case?
    4. Are Laying of the Hands, Draculs, or Steelrends the best gloves for this build (if I don't go the IK route)?

Thanks, much appreciated guys.

LANG:thankyou:DEEZY
  2. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

The IK maul is excellent for its price, but can't compete with stuff like BotD. I suggest you go check Titanseal's calc to see where the breakpoints lie so you can choose a base; you'll want to use Laying of Hands and Highlord's and possibly Nosferatu's and an IAS jewel in your helm, so 40-65 is a realistic amount of off-weapon IAS to include. With leech elsewhere, 1 pt Shockwave/Hunger and your merc and grizzly for backup Dracs really isn't necessary.

A good Tomb Reaver (i.e. preferably eth+Zod with 3 sockets) is also excellent but that could get expensive. Two-handers are generally better, but it's been suggested that you could make a Grief PB work by using Blackoak; it's got low block so you don't block often and FBR so you aren't that slow when you do, plus the 40+ dex helps with the PB's requirements.
  3. Orion

Orion IncGamers Member

PvM - Grief with Black Oak Luna Shield works great. 50 FBR on shield. Highlord and Ravens, 20ias Blood Gloves(CB). You're there with speed.
    Coh, Dungo (Tgod in Stash), Gores. Grief has the Damage you Want. Shockwave and Grief = Good WB in PvM. If your rich and can Ber Jalal and Um/Pdiamond BOL your good.

Almost forgot - with Black Oak and Ravens you have 80 Dex - so your good - more points for life :)
    And check out the stats for Black Oak - often overlooked. Life, Dex, % chance to Weaken, and it's hidden attribute - it blocks fast and you block less (only 40% of the time at best) so your swinging that Grief more - good times!

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Blackoak Shield
    Luna

Defense: 322-372 (varies)(Base Defense: 108-123)
    Required Level: 61
    Required Strength: 100
    Chance to Block: Pal: 50%, Ama/Asn/Bar: 45%, Dru/Nec/Sor: 40%
    Paladin Smite Damage: 17 To 29
    Durability: 129
    +160-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    + (0.625 Per Character Level) +0-61 Absorb Cold Damage (Based On Character Level)
    + (1.25 Per Character Level) +1-123 To Life (Based On Character Level)
    + (0.5 Per Character Level) +0-49 To Dexterity (Based On Character Level)
    +50% Faster Block Rate
    +4% Chance To Cast Level 5 Weaken When Struck
    Half Freeze Duration
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later) [/SIZE]
    Last edited: May 16, 2012