Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gather And Tank build.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by larcatnecro, May 5, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1132

1. larcatnecro

larcatnecro IncGamers Member

Gather And Tank build.

Thoughts on this build?

Multiple ways to slow enemy movement, lots of passive tanking skills, lots of ways to heal for % of max life.

Focus on vitality from gear to synergize with your % of max life skills, and nerves of steel.

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/planner/22272

Basic play style is leap in, pulling everyone to you. Shout to get aggro. When that wears off, stomp to pull them back and stun. Spam rend and revenge to heal and tank.
  2. Remix

Remix IncGamers Member

Re: Gather And Tank build.

you're generating a lot of fury and not spending, this seems to be the problem with most people's barb builds. remember, the spells that spend fury do more damage also! i feel like you're also very short term with your shout being 15 seconds and you're pulling all the enemies in and not damaging a lot

also PLEASE not revenge is not an active skill, it's a passive skill in your skill belt - it's only activated by the 15% chance, so you might want to rune it to 30 if you plan on having it used a lot because YOU don't choose when to activate it
  3. larcatnecro

Shout, Stomp and Leap all have cool downs. Rend costs 20. Superstition will also be generating Fury, so you are probably right, Cleave is probably pointless (other than the fact that with the rune, it slows.)

I suppose I could replace Cleave with something else. Shout, Stomp and Leap all generate 15 each, so I can Rend twice. I will also be using Revenge, which is resource neutral. So, basically, Leap, Shout, Rend, Stomp, Rend, Revenge as able.

Frees up one skill. What should that be replaced with? Frenzy maybe for single target damage?

What would be something else that Cleave could be replaced with?

4. larcatnecro

Furious Charge -- Merciless Assault works really well actually. Still a generator, but additional movement, which this build relies on...

Hrm...... This could be really fun to play. Leap in, Shout, Rend, Stomp, if things get harry, Furious charge out of the pack. Dreadnaught would also work, giving additional healing so you can keep tanking.

5. larcatnecro

Switched out Cleave for Furious Charge with the healing rune.

The more I think about this build, the more fun I think it will be.

Highly mobile, in the middle of the action, extremely resilient. And now with two mobility skills!
  6. Chef Mikey

Chef Mikey IncGamers Member

Mobile with high damage! My cup of tea!

7. larcatnecro

8. larcatnecro

Would also like to point out that with the really high armor this build has, the convert damage taken to life takes advantage of the armor in a non-diminishing-returns kind of way.

Regeneration affixes would be another way to go.