Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Gamespy: What we want from a Diablo 3 expansion

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by kolpo, Nov 11, 2012. | Replies: 109 | Views: 7147

1. kolpo

kolpo IncGamers Member

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1226627p1.html

I agree the most with the suggestions from the chief editor, some optional no-AH mode with D2 1.10 drop rates would be great. I would be willing to have advertisements in the loading screens and char selection screens if that is needed to make no-AH mode economically viable. I'm off course talking here about both auction houses, the gold auction houses is actually the most used one and because of that the one with the biggest "impact" on the game economy.

I would also love to see some truly randomized outdoor maps, act 5 is the ideal place to add those to. People in act 5 already know the game so there is no need for the on rails handholding of the previous acts.

Except that would I also love to see 2 new classes, but I hope that is a given. When it comes to Diablo expansions has blizzard a great track record, I hope that the D3 expansions shall follow it!

What do you think of the gamespy suggestions?
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  2. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

I would NOT be willing to have advertisements...

what the ****

I paid for this game big time already, I should get everything for free now!
  3. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Ads wouldn't bother me, as long as they don't slow anything down or interrupt anything.

I'd love to see a random area or progressive dungeon of some kind. Other than that I'm not too worried, as I think they'll do great.
  4. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

Randomized dungeons and more of the small events would be awesome. Can't be that hard to add a new guy who wants you to kill that big baddie in the dark dungeon, right?
    Would be awesome with something like an endless Keep (endless dungeons...), so after level 3 you can just continue down the levels. Now it's short and I really like killing stuff in the keep :p Could have things like each level getting a bit harder with more dmg from the monsters and more monsters, and if you die you'll have to start over in that dungeon.

Also, mix up the monsters more in inferno! I want act 1 mobs in act 3, it's enough that they just change around some colours like they did in D2!
  5. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

- Super Legendaries that are as rare to get as the super-high end runes in D2 and blow legendaries out of the water
    - Runes that are actually worth as much as the high-end runes in d2 (make sure the high-end ones are much better than anything else you can use to socket equipment) (note: d2 had the drop rate for runes just about right--that is to say they took an intense amount of time farming the most difficult acts to get)
    - Jewels that have interesting properties but are not as good as the high end runes
    - Charms (a la d2) and a separate inventory just for charms
    - New skills that don't suck (i.e. make chain lightning actually do damage and have a cool animation and make it a viable skill like it was in d2, buff blizzard and make it viable like in d2, bring back fire spells like d2 had, and bring back frozen orb!)
    - A teleport for my wizard that I can spam like I did in d2. I'd also like to remove critical mass from the game entirely because that is just annoying and it makes it so that every other build for the wizard in the end game is unviable.
    - More sockets in equipment like d2 had.
    - weapon swap
    - rarer and a lot more random dungeons with the chance to get unique items that only spawn in those dungeons
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  6. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

What? How would ads make a no-AH mode viable? What revenue are they losing by having people who don't use the RMAH play a mode without one?
  7. Ship Soo

Ship Soo IncGamers Member

There were AH and RMAH in diablo 2...

Its called black market sites.

Thinking there was no way to buy items before this...are they really that clueless?
  8. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

Yes indeed.
  9. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

An NPC to IMMEDIATELY identify all of your items (even at a cost of 50 gold each)
  10. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Very true. By blizz making the RMAH a first-party service, they just made it safer for people who want to buy stuff for dough AND they make a buck out of it. Also people (on paper) make money out of it. It's a win-win?

Also, I do not think the angel character proposed in the article is fitting to the universe because Diablo 3 characters are centered to be Nephelem, offspring of demons and angels.

Did these idiots even PLAY the game? half of the act 3 is played inside the remnants of Mount Arreat!
  11. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

No it is not a win-win. For those who like blackmarkets & pay-to-win games it is. But for those who dislike a better solution would be to more heavily ban abusers: put a fine like 3 times the purchases (that's the max in the EU people can get for black market buyes). On top of that the game should be designed in such a way blackmarkets can't flourish: no trading should be possible.
  12. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

True, but you could argue that the fundamental item generation system provides a way for black market to flourish.
  13. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

Yes, but instead of condone and throwing the towel in the ring, a company (in my opinion) should focus on keeping the game fair. Of course it is ultimately not possible, however no players don't expect that. There is also a large difference between a saying "real money trading will not be allowed, and any offender will be banned." and "You can use real money to trade through the official auction house".

When real money-trading is officially not allowed there will be much less people using it to buy items. Because believe it or not, but a large part of the playerbase LIKES to play by the rules. Only a minority will use real-world trading. Just look at single player which I did in diablo 2: I could easily cheat and give myself every and any item thinkable; however I never felt the urge to do that, it would spoil any fun.
  14. mr punk

mr punk IncGamers Member

i guess the gaming media isn't immune to building castles in the sky either. in any event, some of the suggestions like a new act, class and items seem reasonable enough. OTOH, they went full retard with suggestions like allowing players to opt-out of AH. yeah, i'm sure that suggestion will go over well with bobby in the D3 team meetings. also, good luck with that better story, less static and more randomized design, major system changes, etc.
  15. kolpo

kolpo IncGamers Member

Many people in this thread seem to be misunderstanding what is suggested: Not just a mode without the RMAH but also without any AH. Normal trade could indeed be a loophole to an unofficial AH(thought most players D2 never used any black market sites, while most D3 player DO use the gold AH) so maybe should all items become account bound 5 mins after they drop, this would still allow you to give an item to a friend you play with, but would make black market sales very hard to organize.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  16. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Pretty sure droprates on top end gear are already better in D3 than in D2.
  17. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

I still wish there was some "market" for mid LEVEL gear...

Really that is I think one of the biggest drawbacks: you can find a "decent" gear, but unless it is fitted for endgame playing it isn't worth something.

And BECAUSE everything is so focussed on the very end-game fighting/farming there will always be massive inflation, and the gab between top end and not top end gear will keep growing. Any update that makes levelling & starting new characters better/more fun is a good update at this point.
  18. FluffyTheFluffer

FluffyTheFluffer IncGamers Member

Hilarious - Alex, it's OK, not every thread bashes D3 relative to D2. All of those types left, that's the upside of having 10-15% of the player base left. This is about D3X. Just let it go, bro.
  19. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I agree and hope they definitely keep this in mind for expansion.

I miss the thrill of finding useful lower level gear while playing in Inferno. They need to put in more items like Sledgefist and Leoric's Signet (stuff like D2's Tarnhelm, Gull, etc), and then allow it to actually drop in Inferno. More colorful loot explosions = more excitement farming.

This is about D3X.

They wrote that D3X needs a mode that has no AH and better droprates like in D2. I wrote that this is pointless because D3 already has better droprates than D2.

And it's doubtful that they will add another gameplay mode besides hardcore. Blizzard hate splitting community, they learned it with WoW's PVP/PVE/RP servers.
  20. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

but it doesn't

you could make a new character on a new ladder in D2 and find plenty of useful uniques and set items before you ever entered Hell

and some of the items you found in nightmare could still be useful in Act V Hell

and it's not just drop rates, but the whole "drop system"
    you kill a boss in D2, you get good items
    you kill a boss in D3, you get nothing

bosses just aren't worth anything, they're pointless
    that makes doing them really anti-climactic

sure, junky, crappy, garbage legendaries drop more often than Zods, but who wants or needs that junk