Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Game Changes Help Thread (inc ATMA/GoMule)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thyiad, Oct 1, 2013. | Replies: 80 | Views: 17572

1. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

This thread provides support for all of the game alterations allowed in the SP(T)F only. Always use a vanilla installation for Realm play/trading.

Other mods/mod-making isn't supported here, please use The Phrozen Keep for that. This forum will not assist with editors of any kind.

Please read the forum rules and Accepted Gameplay Rules for details on acceptable play in the SP(T)F. You may find the SPF FAQ and the D2 Terms and Abbreviations thread useful.

Accepted alterations

Muling = ATMA - GoMule
    Singling
    Rune colouration = Red Rune Mod (obsolete for 1.13) - Silospens Colour Rune Mod
    Runeword activation = Rune Word Mod
    Reporting = Flavie
    Modified .dll for multi instances
    Game Varients = Median - Hell Unleashed - Eastern Sun

Unsupported mods/practices

Pretty much anything not listed above or in the Accepted Gameplay Rules. If in doubt, SPF Moderator for clarification and wait for a response before posting.

Links to supported mods, muling applications and utilities

These are things that make the life of an SPF'er easier and more fun. All .7z files are .zip files (you can rename them if you don't have 7zip.

Muling applications

This is a way of moving items around. It also allows a large number of items to be kept in stashes away from your D2 character. ATMA is the original muling utility, GoMule is a java-based utility that also works on Macs.

Both applications read each others files.

.d2s is save, .d2x is a stash file, .org are ATMA backups. If you rename .orgs to .d2s or .d2x (depending on what it is) you can open it in ATMA or GoMule. ATMA supports .d2i files but these should NOT be used. GoMule works better than ATMA with large (1000+ item) stashes.

ATMA - Installer download - guide
    To get the Essences to show correctly in 1.13 download and install Misc1.13cATMA.7z and atma_gfxATMA1.13c.zip (both zip files). Replace the originals which come with the installer. Keep Tokens and Essences on Characters not Stashes in ATMA
    GoMule - download and guide - The latest version of GoMule is here which works with 1.13. Tokens and Essences work fine in characters and stashes in GoMule

Symantec flagging ATMA as a virus/adware

It is a false positive. This post and this post shows how to get around it.

Game Modifications

These change the game out of the box in some way. There are three which are accepted on the SPF:
    RWM enables Bnet only runewords. RRM changes the colours of runes to red. CRM enables changing the rune colours to many different colours.
    Remember that with 1.13 runes are orange.If you are updating to 1.13 from an installation which had RRM installed be sure to delete all the .bin files or you may not get the 1.13 drop rate for runes see here.

RWM for PC- download - Guide in download
    RRM for PC - download - Guide
    NOTE the .7z file is a .zip file with RWM/RRM conveniently packaged together. Just unzip that in the D2 folder as it is, change the shortcuts so they match the last photo in the guide and you should have BOTH RWM and RRM working.

Singling - combined RWM/multi-instance .dll - download and information

CRM for PC- download

RWM/RRM for Macs here - download - Guide

RWM/RRM and Ubuntu

Reporting Utilities

Flavie is a reporting tool which can show you how many of each unique, set, rune and gems you have and whether they are in use, eth or in a stash.

Flavie - download

Character Planners

Some good online ones are in the SPF FAQ for offline planning use:
    Charsi by Mursilis - download and guide here. Also available here.

D2 and Macs

D2 and Macs by Jamiesixgun

Other Game Changes

Modified d2gfx.dll to run more than one copy of D2 at a time - downloads - download the version you need and rename the file to d2gfx.dll

Note this is including in Singling.

D2 Variants

These are variants of D2 with different gameplay. MP and trading withing these varients are allowed but they may not interact with 'normal, out of the box' D2. No other mods (nor items from them) are accepted here.

Median - download - support
    Probably the best known mod. Incredibly work by Laz.

Eastern Sun - download and information

Hell Unleashed for 1.10 - link unavailable due to host site content

Other information

Stopwatch programs for longer period timing links here
    Run counters - JJs and K-T's download links here - Silo's advanced counter here
    Charsi skill planner - download - support
    Silo's run counter

Previous ATMA/Muling thread and here

Data Recovery Tips by skiffcz
    Hints and tips on not losing your ATMA/GoMule stashes.

NOTES ON LINKS: If you find a broken link in any of the stickies, please drop a PM to the Mod of the forum. They'd appreciate it. ;)
  2. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

So I still can't get Silo's run counter to save my characters and subsequently, the profiles associated with them. Anyone know of any diagnostics I might try? I've reinstalled it a few times. For reference, it works fine on my laptop, just not on the new pc
  3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Remind me, Daz, you're using the same Windows versions? Both are admins? Both Java's are the same?
  4. Dazliare

Both admins. My laptop is win7 but d2 runs in xp compatability, whereas everything is just win7 on my pc. Both java's are fully updated
  5. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

I need a little help getting GoMule to work (again).

How do I get GoMule to look in the correct folders? My game characters are stored in the AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles(x86) folder.

GoMule won't look there. If I try to open a character file, those do not show up as options.

If I move the files, will the game still work?

Thanks.
  6. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

If everything's working with the game, don't move the files. AppData is a hidden folder, but you can still access it through the file browser in GoMule by typing it in when you're on your user's home folder (e.g., browse to c:\users\Goldtru and then type in AppData and hit ok/enter).
  7. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

That worked, thank you.

One further question. I have several stashes in Atma that are .d2x files. But GoMule can only see two of them. When I type in the file name, GoMule doesn't see the file. What should I do?
  8. Oscuro

Can you get to these files using the regular Windows file explorer?
  9. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

Yes I can. I can see them in Windows explorer and I can move them around.
  10. Oscuro

That's strange. Are they in the same place as your working .d2x files? Can you try moving them elsewhere to see if GoMule will then see them?

Is it something silly like the file is called "stash.d2x.org" and you are hiding the file extensions in Windows file explorer? This would make it look like a .d2x file in Windows explorer, but GoMule would see it as an .org (backup) file and filter it out of the list.
  11. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

I don't know why it was doing it , but I fixed it by copying and pasting the files into another folder. So now it is all working perfectly!

Thanks so much for all your help. I notice that you are thanked in the About menu! So it's great to get help from the source! :)
  12. Oscuro

Glad it's working for you. :) I just gave some suggestions and a minor patch or two; all of the real work is from Randall and Silospen, as far as I know. Although I have done my share of digging into it on my own in an effort to make it work with MedianXL characters.
  13. Dazliare

Arghhh, I still can't get it to work :(

Basically, I can create a character and profile in Silospen's run counter, and it starts working just fine. However, after exiting the run counter, any characters/profiles I created are gone, and I can't find them anywhere. Thoughts?
  14. Oscuro

Where is the run counter located and how do you launch it? If I remember correctly, it will write out its data to a file in the same location. Make sure that the run counter is not running from inside program files.
  15. Dazliare

I launch it via a desktop icon. The application itself is in a folder on my desktop where I keep all my stashes, which makes reinstalling the game much easier for keeping all my items. The only other file in that folder that isn't gomule or a .d2x is a file called rcinfo.
  16. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

Have you tried putting in somewhere else other than in the main OS partition? Or maybe it's some anti-virus software interfering?
  17. Dazliare

Shouldn't be an antivirus deal - I use the same setup on this comp that I do on my laptop. I can check where it's installed on my laptop though - maybe it's just not saving in the spot it's looking
  18. Oscuro

If you look at the rcinfo file (using any text editor like notepad), is there anything there? Or is it just plain empty? If there is something there, it would indicate that it has worked at *some* point in time, and there was a change which broke it.

Does it work if you launch the .jar file directly instead of using your shortcut?
  19. Dazliare

Here's what is says in my rcinfo:

d2dir:C:\Games\Diablo II\Save\deathseeker.d2s
    deathseeker.0.totRuns:4
    deathseeker.0.nSaves:1
    deathseeker.path:C:\Games\Diablo II\Save\deathseeker.d2s
    deathseeker.0.avgRTime:333788
    deathseeker.0.pTarget:Tyrael
    chars:deathseeker
    deathseeker.0.fastest:79847
    deathseeker.0.totRTime:446045
    deathseeker.nProfs:1

I'll try the .jar file in a second
  20. Oscuro

That's interesting - I think you might have a different version of RunCounterAdv than I do. My rcInfo file has the properties delimited by > angle bracket characters rather than : colons. If I take your file and replace the colons with angle brackets, it loads just fine in mine.