Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Gambling SoJs

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Erfel, Jan 13, 2013. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2844

1. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

NM andy is the best single monster to find a SoJ, 'cause she is lvl 49, more than soj but less than dwarf star.

When you gamble, your ilvl will be = clvl +4/-5

So, with a char level 44, all rings gambled will have ilvl from 39 to 48... and all this levels have max percentage to drop soj, as unique rings could only be manald and nagelring.

0,5% of the items gambled are uniques.

I read that NM andy ring drop is soj once on 300 times (something like that). But how many times will NM andy drop a unique ring? Wouldn't gambling with clvl 44 be a good way to find sojs?
  2. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

I dont think I've ever seen unique ring from gamling. Crafted a few hundreds of rings/amulets though.
  3. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

Of course you can find unique rings, i found BK, some months ago :)
  4. crumbs

crumbs IncGamers Member

I once gambled a dwarf star. It was on a higher level character though. Unless you just want to increase your soj stash, wouldn't regular mfing be able to generate you more wealth? You could find an item worth several sojs before you can gamble as many. I always thought that was the problem with soj farming. They never seen to pay off at the rate you can actually find them. You might find better luck clone hunting or plain old mfin'
  5. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

If 0,5% of the gambled rings are uniques, then the chance of the gambled ring to be a SoJ, would be 0,01%. ON AVERAGE!
    If using a char with the right lvl, the %chance for a SoJ will be about 1/14 % higher. :)

Heres the thing though, I craft bloodrings atm. And Im at about craft #330-400 atm, and only 1 ring has been unique so far. A manald.

So either your info is wrong or Im constantly having bad luck when gambling. Over 6 ladders and 3000+ gambled rings.

Peace
  6. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

I checked it out... it's 0,02%... i forgot one zero -.-

So... 1 ring every 5000 is unique. 3,2% of these are sojs (with this 44 lvl). So 1 soj every 156250 rings gambled. With 2,5 millions gold you can gamble (using gheed 15%) 66,6 rings... so 2343 full stash of gold gambled before getting soj.

Definitly, NOT a good way to get sojs.

Still, this could be a good way to invest gold, instead of gamble with your "real" char you can make your 44 char gamble... obviously if you're only interested in sojs.

:(
  7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

It used to be a good way back in the day, before Lord of Destruction. Back then, the rings spawned i a set order; Nagel, Manald, SoJ. If you were carrying Nagel and Manald, the next unique ring would ALWAYS be a SoJ. Odds for getting uniques were something like 3:100 instead of 1:2000 as it is now.

NM andy has double the odds of dropping a ring compared to the other act bosses. For Duriel it's amulets IIRC. Andariel (in any difficulty) is usually bugged to always use her 1st~kill drop. These two things, and the fact that she can't drop Raven or Dwarf, makes her by FAR the best target for SoJs. On average, 1 of 31 unique rings from her will be SoJ. For meph, and any other monster lvl 50+, it's 1 out of 51 or worse odds.