Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by BreaKPoiNT, Feb 14, 2006. | Replies: 18 | Views: 1242

1. BreaKPoiNT

BreaKPoiNT IncGamers Member

Fury druid

I've built my third fury druid and still not much success. But let me start off by saying I'm relatively new to the druid forums, and the diabloii.net forums in particular. Anyway, this druid was a bit more successful then my last two and heres how he looks.

Level 81
    Skills- 20 Fury, 20 Lycan, 20 Werewolf, 20 Oak, 1 arctic blast, 1 cyclone armor, planning to max HoW (3 already in it)

Equipment-
    Helmet- 15% IAS Jalal's Mane
    Armor- Mage plate enigma
    Weapon- Fury zerker
    Shield- Um'd stormshield
    Weapon2- Demon limb
    Weapon2- Lidless wall
    Gloves- Gg 10% ll dracul's grasp
    Boots- Aldur's advance
    Rings- Two 209 AR Raven frosts
    Amulet- Cat's eye
    -Edit- Belt: 24% FHR, 12 str spiderweb sash (16% Fire resist)

Charms- 4 shapeshifting grand charms (1 with 26 life), some small and large charms of poison, and one grand charm of 35 life.

Now I seem to have trouble hitting a good breakpoint. My attacks seem relatively slow and I plan to use this druid to duel both melee and casters equally. Although I know for melee I need gore riders, highlords of course. But someone please list a better weapon because fury doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Break

2. pipi-owner

pipi-owner IncGamers Member

sups

only the IAS on weapon works towards a wolfs hit..
    meaning that the IAS in helm is wasted... and your hittiin so slow with the fury zerka cus its only 40% IAS on the weap..

without goin into too much detail.. here are some of the weapons viable for duels 1h that are fast enough:
    Gris caddy (wit 40ed/15ias jewels reaching 110IAS on weapon) 4fps
    Botd PB 5fps
    Grief PB (SLOW but very nice dmg)

those are jus some weapons viable..check the guides for mroe :D

cheers

3. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

BotD is better in berserker axe for more range and damage and same speed.

Grief phase blade hits the 5 frame breakpoint too.

4. the boss

the boss IncGamers Member

pipi, those weapon requirements are more for wolfbarbs...

5. sablast

sablast IncGamers Member

You can try oath in ethereal scourge, it hits 5fps like botd phase blade/berserker axe and grief phase blade. It has nice damage and is much cheaper than botd.
    Also it has range 3.
    Nice weapon is also oath in ethereal cryptic sword, but it has range 2.

6. BreaKPoiNT

Thanks, I was wondering why with all that IAS, cat's eye, and jewel in jalals, that I was still hitting poorly. Do note that I am on West NL so I can't make obidience and I surely can't afford a grief.

I do however want the gris caddy but absolutely noone seems to have it.

Break

7. pipi-owner

err you sure the ebotd berserker axe hits as fast as botd pb on a fury druid?

and no...those arent just the weapons for wolfbarbs but also a fast attakin druid.. most melee druids dont seem to understand the power of werewolf..
    it naturally boost ar and dmg wit the skills...(werewolf n fury) what u need is speed.... speed is (usually and yes in this case) greater than dmg cus theres also other mods such as ds/ow/cb etc involved :O

griss caddy is the way to go.. no other weapon cums close to it (or at least normal obtainable items) but its soo freakin rare to get a 4s one :O

cheers
    PpZ

8. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

For both the fury attacks are 5 frame. BA has 9 frame initial attack and PB has 8 frame initial attack.

9. BreaKPoiNT

I recently spoke to a friend, who said he was a legendary SS druid, and when he and I dueled druids he came out victorious. He wore COH archon, um'd Jalals, ebotdz 400%, angelic combo, um'd stormshield, dracs, gore rider, and dungos. Is that an all viable setup?

I currently use botd phase blade (fury was too slow it was sickening), enigma mage, duel ravens, cats eye, jalals or guillames, aldurs, dracs, and some rare belt I found. I plan to duel melee and caster alike (sorc/zon/nec), and MF. So any tips on mercenaries for a pure fury druid, or equipment.

Break

10. sablast

sablast IncGamers Member

When fighting melee you should wear highlords wrath instead of cat's eye (which is good against casters) or angelics. Stormshield, socketed with shael to hit 5 frames with blocking.
    Aldurs is good if you want to run faster (along with cats eye) for casters, but against melee I think best boots are gore riders. try to find verdungo, for bonus to vitality, FHR and mainly DR.
    For casters you should have 2 handed 4-5 range, at least 5 fpa weapon.
    About armors, fortitude and duress could be fine (against melee), shaftstop against windies.
    best weapon for mercenary is reaper's toll, great against PI.

11. pipi-owner

whos this legendary ss wolf?
    i like to see his items n mainly charms :D

unless u were doing mental elemental (rhymes :D) dmg to him he wouldnt needa wear COH.. instead a low req nigma would'v been sexier (life/dmg)..
    and if he was dueling another wolf (u).. then no point wearing ang set since wolf def sux....instead a nice highlords for dat DS.. n jst ravenFrosts.. ...

**Im just wondering what AR was he reaching with the angelic set+2rings..? around 30k ar? .. n what ar is needed to hit a barb or pally properly? 20k+?

a year ago i was heavily involved with d2 and mostly shifting druids... my wolf had NEVER (100%.. yes.. not jst sayin dat **** :O) lost to a druid using weapons like zerka or anything like that.. (at the time i think my weapon was gris caddy..sumtimes doom 2 piss off pubbies and ebotd warspike)

ma charms werent the best..bt plain n low life skillers with mainly 20life sc (at the time i didnt wanna spend everything on 3/20/20)..
    i've only lost to smiters.. n 1 fury druid who i cant remember his name but he used HOW!! :O (dont see a lot of GOOD wolf dats using how !!)

cheers
    PpZ

12. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

good basic setup is

cerebus / jalals / guilliums shaeled ... or 7fhr/ed/min/max/life/stat jeweled
    fort is best armor, jeweler armors socketed w/ ed/str, ed/stat, are bests
    shael'ed ss
    highlords I use this for just about everything .... even high def. chars
    verdungos
    gores
    bloods or rends
    2 x ravens or 1 x raven + bul or 1 x raven and rare ring

key breakpoint is 42 fhr ... dont need 86 most of the time.

CoH isnt that great of an armor but i won some duels w/ it. I'd go durress over it though.

for weapon if you cant get a ebotdz ... try an eth oath cryptic sword / scourage, or caddy .... but i highly recommend tyring to get an ebotdz.

and pipi ... 4 framers or more or less extinct now ... 5 frames is the way to go until someone finds some godly rare .. or comes up w/ an insane build.

13. pipi-owner

extinct?.. o really :( do u know of the reason??
    so no more sup zerk socketd wut 5 40 15ias jewels n a shael? or gris caddy with lo? man it must've been a long time since i was gone then :O

also y is EB guide stil urgin the 7/4?
    gris caddy n sup zerk wit 200+ed is in the past?? hard to believe

cheers for dat info mate
    PpZ

14. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

eb guide is a lil different since his is based on rabies ... and well people want to get rabies off ASAP since it is the main source of damage.

The reason for 4 frames to not work so well was ... well ladder ending. When ladder ended things like fort come into play and well ... they make a ebotdz do way to much damage for a caddy to keep up w/ normally. I see more or less vit druids getting me down to half my hp's w/ one hit ... A VIT DRUID !!! Now my life isnt all that great but still ... max dr ... 7k life ... after 1 hit i have half my life from a vit druid. Unfortunatly the ed doesnt help caddy out as much since the weapon damage is less. Most druids sport 7-8k life w/ a regular setup w/ a caddy thats like 10 hits ... while most ebotdz's ony need to hit you 4 times.

I'm not saying they are 100% extinct ... but i havent seen a competitive one framer since ladder ended .... not saying there arnt any out there but i dont think i've lost to one in awhile and im not the best on east.

15. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

as was mentioned by voice and others, definitely exchange your armor out for duress/coh/fort/something else, even freakin lionheart would be better. Engima is wasted on a ss druid.

-f

16. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

a druid cant tele in ww form but thats all< enigma provides lots of strength and frw<some damage reduced so it is in my opinion the best armor for a druid with forti

17. pipi-owner

"best armor for the druid wit forti" ??
    thort u were goin for enigma :D
    the plus skills boosts dmg/life/ar/rabies .. HUGE (60+)strength boostage..FRW(LOVIN IT for PVM and rapin tele casters :O.. n also out-walk runners lol).. further dr/mf/+life by % ... holy #$^@!!

i dont really see a point for OW (reason u vote duress) unless your up against a 8k+ life barby..which = the duel will last... mostly a decent dmging druid kills everything else within 2fury if it connects..

and again unles u up against a caster.. no point for COH as the res u can get from sumwhere else (um... res charms)

unless you are a PURE fury druid.. with HOW as your summon.. (maxin lyc/ww/fury/how/loads of summons).. your better off with enigma (mind u.. u can reach incredibly SICK dmg with fort.. bt thats just physicall.. :O)

cheers
    PpZ

ps: btw luv the guide stout wolf did.. ...bt having the ebotdz as 2nd best weap.. lower than grief.. hmm th stats means so much more life.. SOO much more...)

18. the boss

the boss IncGamers Member

I like Fort, not until the Pvp Penalty on physical damage comes in...

19. Rangniheldr

Rangniheldr Banned

What is he trying to say with legendary, looks to me like a normal druid setup......And to answer your question yes that is a very viable setup.