Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury druid charms question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by wooginator, Dec 12, 2011. | Replies: 19 | Views: 6636

1. wooginator

wooginator IncGamers Member

Fury druid charms question

So I'm working on my pvp strict melee fury druid, and he's going really well. I know that in perfect circumstances a max damage/attack rating/life grand charm (or three small charms) is better than a shapeshifting/life grand charm. But what about imperfect circumstances? Basically I want to know how much damage and attack rating I have to have, either with three small charms or one grand charm, to make it better than a shapeshifting charm. Likewise with life, I suppose, though that only applies to small charms.
  2. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Re: Fury druid charms question

Even perfect there's a difference in the charm set. Shapers give more life while the scs give more damage. I forgot which one gives more AR though I think it's the scs. I'm to fried from finals to number crunch the exact point in which one charm overtakes another so I'll let someone else do that :D.
  3. wooginator

Actually, I did run the numbers at one point and an inventory full of 20 lifers does add more life than an inventory full of 45 life ss gcs. That extra 15 life adds up.

Edit: So it turns out I would, in fact, have more life with the ss gcs. But only 33 more life as compared to 37x 20 lifers.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  4. Verashiden

Yeah I did the same thing initially and the 5% extra life from each Lycan increase balances it out. Do you have the numbers on equivalent damage and AR? I want to say SS gave more AR but that was ages ago and my memory's fuzzy.
  5. Hartside

Hartside IncGamers Member

The way juds explained this fanged knives and phase blades 3/20/20 everything else skillers hope this helps
  6. wooginator

Okay so I ran some numbers and if I swap out all my ss gcs for max/ar gcs (assuming they have 75 ar) I end up with 3k more attack rating using my low attack rating setup (highlords/ravens) but only about 200 more using my high attack rating setup (angelics). Basically, the more flat +ar I have, the more effective my ss gcs will be. When you get up to around 3500+ flat ar ss gcs are more effective than +ar gcs would be.

Edit: Also, it looks like even with perfect max/ar gcs and scs for a total of +130 max damage it only increases my average damage by about 200 and my max by about 700. Not worth it at all.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  7. Verashiden

So SS Lifers are more bang for the buck it seems. Good to know.
  8. wooginator

But not by as much as you might think, oddly enough. In fact the lower your flat attack rating the better off you are with attack rating charms instead of ss ones. (for instance, when I had something like 18 or 1900 base attack rating and I substituted in attack rating charms with 75 attack rating on them for my ss gcs, my final attack rating increased by 4-5k.) But on the whole I would say, from my investigation, the extra cost of high-end melee charms does not seem worth it.
  9. Hartside

The strongest fury vs fury wolf uses ss gcs thats on east acc name sambo5 bi-furous is extremely good and uses scs imo f v f shifters are better vs palas and barbs scs win i shouldnt give you any advice ( just challenged you in a tourney if your on east ) see ya soon awroooo
  10. wooginator

Quick follow-up question, while I've got you all here: My druid is currently speced both in strength and in max blockiness to my ebotdz. Most of the time this is useful and gives me a bunch of extra life (120 before werewolf, oak sage and bo). But it also means I can't use other weapons. Is it worth it to respec so that I could use, say, gris caddy or (god willing) a rare 4-frame fanged knife or eth pb?
  11. Hartside

Unless you get a good 4 frame fools stick with ebotdz and fools work better vs palas and barbs i know a few very good wolves that use edc
  12. wooginator

Where did I say anything about edc? I'm asking whether I should give up being speced to my ebotdz so that I can use a four frame weapon like griz caddy.
  13. Verashiden

I wouldn't spec around EBotD if you're hunting for a 4 Frame monster. If not then it shouldn't be a problem. Caddy is meh.
  14. Oilerfan

Oilerfan IncGamers Member

ebotdz/edc are really the only weapons you'll use, gcaddy is a joke (fairly expensive one if perfect) and rare 4 frame fool's are near impossible to come across.
  15. Hartside

I suggested edc as a viable option where as griz caddy is useless even with max cb set up

16. wooginator

Okay, so edc is a good fury weapon, established. To return to my old charms question, I now know that if I use ar charms instead of damage/ar charms or ss charms, I'll get a fairly substantial attack-rating boost (in the neighborhood of 7-8k). But - I lose around 800 damage with edc, probably more with ebotdz. I suppose in theory I could keep a stash full of ss gcs for fvf duels since I certainly won't need the additional ar then, but that's a bit of a hassle I think. Is the extra ar worth the loss of damage? What do you all think?
  17. Hartside

Vs wolves the 800 damage is vital imo damage is king in f v f vs palas and barbs ar is more important ive been busy on lineage 2 lately ill be back soon on wolf AWROOO

18. Hartside

Right with another 3 3/20/20s ill have a full set ill do some sets with scs in fvf ladder making a hybrid on east now if the scs dont work better get ready to see a tricked out wolf barb :p
  19. Polite

Polite IncGamers Member

I love me some edc on my wolf. :)
  20. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Been a long time since I dueled ... but iirc 3/20/20 were best unless you got a bunch of top / perfect gc's. The gc's > sc's due to ar boast. And this always depended on setup etc as well.

But then again I was old school titan build w/ 12k health. My weapon of choice was shaeled e bstar. Damn I loved that weapon. ebotd isn't bad but edc def. hits hard ... but I used 08 highlords so didn't need the ds. Man been so long since i played would get back on but all my characters w/ good items are 'expired' and bnet won't renew them ... I think b/c they got 3 socketed swords/knives etc. on them.

/sigh

Well I ... as stated IMO the awesome gc's were better due to ar IMO. And it did depend on build ... most fury druids were going towards enigma w/ all life zero strength build ... while I went all strength zero life build. (smiters hated me as I'd 1 shot them w/ 20k furies)