Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Friend doesn't think he's going to play D3, I'm convincing him, am I doing it right?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by PierceBLACK, May 3, 2012. | Replies: 21 | Views: 1041

1. PierceBLACK

PierceBLACK IncGamers Member

Friend doesn't think he's going to play D3, I'm convincing him, am I doing it right?

Sent him this text earlier.

D3 comes out in 12 days
    12 / 3 = 4
    There are 4 letters in your last name!
    Coincidence?
    Or are the Angels of the Diablo Universe calling out to you to join the fight against darkness?
  2. Overpowerd

Overpowerd IncGamers Member

Re: Friend doesn't think he's going to play D3, I'm convincing him, am I doing it rig

I dont think so. Let him play it on release day, thats the best way to convince him :)
  3. GetMerked

GetMerked IncGamers Member

Re: Friend doesn't think he's going to play D3, I'm convincing him, am I doing it rig

No, don't think that'll work. Just tell him a few things about the game that caught your attention. Really sit down and think about what caught your attention. Don't just say it's badass and its diablo.

I originally had no intentions of playing Diablo 3, but when I heard wind of the difficulty of Inferno, I was curious. Then I started reading about the game, and now I can't wait for it to come out.
  4. GoldenredDragon

GoldenredDragon IncGamers Member

Buy the game, play it, invite him over, show him the awesomness, let him try it for two hours, then say, "hey, why don't you buy it, and we could then play together, instead of with all those noobs out there." Or something to that effect... :)

G.R.D. (If it's a good game, it will advertise itself without pushing)
  5. PierceBLACK

PierceBLACK IncGamers Member

Alas I have tried these things already.

He even played the demo!

I told him the demo is exactly that, a demo and the game will become infinitely better, especially when we all start playing together. So I've resorted to sillier tactics.
  6. SmasheR

SmasheR IncGamers Member

Hahaha good thing

12/3=4 is that coincidence?!

Man you ve got some sense of humor although i understand it was out of your desperation. I dont know. If you could say why doesnt he want to play this game maybe we could come up with some contr-arguments? Did you tell him that there will be RMAH where you can make real money? Did you tell him it will be very fun game with very flexible skill system? Did you tell him the graphics are gonna be ok, just better than previous D2? Did you tell him that.... its very fun to play with friends or whatever... Or that the playing will be gratyfing?

I dont know. Im making those things up! But once someone feels aversion towards something it becomes really hard to persuade him to change his mind. What kind of games does he like? I dont understand how can you NOT wait for D3 and anticipate it?! LOL xD
  7. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

Did he say what exactly he didn't like about the demo? It could just be that D3 isn't his type of game, on the other hand if there are some issues he have with the beta that won't be as big on release (level of difficulty, lack of skills to play with etc) then you can use that to maybe convince him to get it.
  8. Tryzx

Tryzx IncGamers Member

Imo that's the way to do it

9. InertBlowfish

InertBlowfish IncGamers Member

Just buy him the game.
    If it's sitting in front of him, he will play it.
    I'm buying it for one of my friends who is short on cash, but my little group needed a fourth player.

Alternatively, send him the following picture
    http://images.wikia.com/diablo/images/3/34/Imperiuswar.jpg

And say, "Is this not the most bad-*** mother-###### you've ever seen? I know you wanna kill some hellspawn with this dude".
  10. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Yeah, level to 60, then let him come over and play Inferno.
  11. InertBlowfish

Alternative three,
    Tell him to get the collectors edition and he will get a USB with Diablo 1 and 2 on it.
    IT'S A GAME WITHIN A GAME!
  12. InertBlowfish

Alternative four,
    Tell him he needs a new mouse, and Diablo 3 would be a great way to wear out his current mouse.
  13. InertBlowfish

Alternative five,
    Threaten him with death or humiliation.
    Let him pick which; it seems more ominous.
  14. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

want your friend to play d3? just tell him that some guy was recruiting girls to play d3 so if he buys the game maybe he can find a date
  15. Andy2702

Andy2702 IncGamers Member

Cut all communication with him for 48 hours after release because you'll be doing something awesome and he'll be sitting on his *** doing boring stuff.

Jealousy is the best motivator.
  16. Kramskry

Kramskry IncGamers Member

Tell him you will stop being friends with him if he doesn't play. If that fails, tell him you will throw him in the pit you dug in your basement (or backyard if you don't have a basement) and he will get the hose again. The second one is how I got my wife to marry me.
  17. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

"If you don't hit lvl 60 in 10 days THIS BUS IS GONNA BLOW UP!!!"

The plot for the forthcoming Speed(run) 4.
  18. InertBlowfish

I love this post so much right now.

19. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Haha, I like this method. But maybe call him every so often and scream how awesome it is, then hang up.

20. Franz

Franz IncGamers Member

I have several 'gamer' friends that wont be buying D3 at release, either because they are consoler gamers, or they are still playing WoW or another MORPG, or they dont have time cause of exams/work, etc.

I tried to convince them showing them videos and all that kind of things, but it didnt help. now, the last days that blizzard showed the TV ads, they are crazy and cant wait for the game to be released.

i guess the ads were really good, i dont know