Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Forum threads not updating/etc.

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions & Support' started by Ivan E, Sep 12, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 2057

1. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Hey Rush, Elly, etc. (is there an etc.?)

Just wanted to drop a line that the forum's been acting wonky for me the last few days. Namely, while I am logged in, threads do not update with new posts except very infrequently (but I can open a private browsing window and see that new posts have been made, which aren't showing up for me while logged in). This then extends to everything forum-related: can't see new posts, refreshing the page indicates that threads with unread comments still have those unread comments even though I've read them, the order of threads isn't updating, etc.

Basically it's like my version of the forum is stuck in a Slow Time bubble or something... even though I can verify that things are actually happening outside of it.
  2. Vivi

Vivi IncGamers Member

Aye, that's exactly what I'm having, and I'm not having it! Well that is, I really hope you guys can find the source of this and fix it, much appreciated!!
  3. Elly

Elly Administrator

Rush has been working with caching to make things run a bit faster. He's run into problems though as he tests things. It was meant to be a simple job that shouldn't have impacted any of us. I find I have to clear cookies sometimes to get logged in properly. I have also come across your problem but usually Shift Refresh a few times usually forces the new posts/threads to show.

I will see if Rush can reply to this thread with any input too.

Sorry the forums aren't playing ball right now, I appreciate it can be a right pain in the rear.
  4. Vivi

Vivi IncGamers Member

Ach no, thanks for replying, I'm glad to hear it has been noticed and that it's being worked on, thanks!
  5. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Problem still here. Replies are not seen for a while.