Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Forced to start over - need some motivation

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dazliare, Feb 13, 2013. | Replies: 25 | Views: 1409

1. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

Title really. When my game crashed, all my gomule backups got deleted :( I have all my characters, and any gear that was on them, so it's not a hard reset, but everything I had amassed over the last 8 months is gone, including my 1.07 412ED eth sup warpike :'(

I've decided I won't quit. I can't. I'll start baal runs on my sorc again in the quest for 99, since the items baal most commonly drops aren't useless to me anymore. I'll do AT on my other sorc for other items, and when I get bored of those things, I can do trav on my barb or LK for runes (I lost 40 pul+, not including any HR's already in gear).

I need some motivation to keep going though. I really want to quit, but this community has been so good to me, I just can't right now.
  2. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

Where did you have your stashes? It's really weird that a game crashing doesn't delete characters but deletes stashes.

And even if something is deleted you can use recover software and recover it (unless soemthing was written over it).
  3. sebhehe

sebhehe IncGamers Member

Join me playing /players 8, no muling, no twinking and HC!

Finding stuff from the scratch and struggling to progress is lots of fun! Can be daunting, but very rewarding too!

Not sure if it's motivation enough but it's atleast a challange!
  4. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

HC FTW!

Well, if you want to restart even further. Still, we mp and trade and like to brag about deeding all of our stuff, so if you think that's something you might be into then give it a shot :)

pfft, that BotD didn't have perfect leech, anyway. Just tell yourself that to make it feel better :)
  5. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

^^This. Also welcome back to being poor :)
  6. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Yeah, I'm not quite getting how a game crash caused files which are usually in a completely different folder to go missing, but still. Try the above, use a system restore point to try and bring them back. (depending on when your computer has them set to)
  7. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

Ouch, sorry to hear about the loss of your stashes. Echoing what others have said, it's odd that your stashes are completely gone.

Motivation... hmm... Play a class or build you haven't done before, untwinked. Have you ever tried Classic? It's very different.
  8. Jocular

Jocular IncGamers Member

Yeah, play Classic 1.00 (if you've got the disks). You may want to quit D2 even more.

I'm sorry for your losses though. However, I've always found that I had the most fun when I had no items, and had to scrounge to make my characters live. Probably why I was never wealthy on bnet...
  9. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

I'm gonna back up the HC idea!

While few, we are some cool people and interact a lot. Lots of MPing (both regular groups and spontaneus whatever), chit-chat on the Hamachi networks, and people are always helpful if somebody needs an item, a rush or whatever.
  10. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

I have no idea how all my items are gone. All my stashes are there, but empty. Same with my backups. I found every backup, but they're all empty :( Oscuro and I are trying to get them back, but it looks like I'm out of luck. I tried a system restore this morning, to no avail.

I'll consider MPing - I've never MPed on sp!
  11. hedley

hedley IncGamers Member

Yeah, I just loaded up my game so I'm in the same situation as you. Poor as hell, but it's going to be fun building up from scratch. Some of the people on the hardcore circuit have kind of won me over too. Seems like it would be a fun change of pace from the typical D2 experience. Check the forum, groups are getting set up right now.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/...-Anyone-want-another-steady-1-13-FAM-HC-group

If you're interested there's a group that's trying to get everything figured out right now. (the link above)
  12. Mungojerry

Mungojerry IncGamers Member

Can't recommend HC enough. You start of, honking around in act 1 and you got stuff shooting at you, health bar going down for the first time it will strike you, you can die now! Just becomes a totally different game.
  13. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear that, I vote for seb's playstyle, that is crazy :)
  14. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Join the race with me and Cyrax to see who gets a 99 sept first :)
    Although... Cyrax did have 2 and a half (at least) when I started (none yet...), so its kind of a foregone conclusion^^
  15. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

This is the saddest post I've ever seen.
  16. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

*hugs daz*
  17. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

This is why I keep a paranoid backup from 1 mo. ago on two separate external hard drives, mostly because I'm always reformatting and switching OSes.
  18. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

+1 for HC!! I never looked back! Also, I can set you up with some nice starter gear if you'd like. :)
  19. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Yay! More HC people! Do itttttt, you know you want to!
  20. felixbavaria

felixbavaria IncGamers Site Pal

Are the stash files physically empty (file size 0) or what? An empty GoMule stash file should have file size 11 bytes. Non-empty stash files should be several KBytes in size. Have you tried copying the files to another hard drive, etc.?

Your post made me backup my stuff on my Google Drive for the first time since a year or so. Don't know if that makes you feel better, though.