Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Forbidden" after logging in.

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions & Support' started by Technomancer, Oct 13, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2603

1. Technomancer

Technomancer IncGamers Member

For the past few days, I've been experiencing a problem where after I log in, I go to the "thanks for logging in" page like normal, but then when it tries to redirect back to the main forum list, I get a white Forbidden page. It says I don't have permissions to access the url. The first time that happened, I just thought the board was down. Came back later that night, same thing. I'm not sure why, but I went and opened up the bookmark for the site and everything came up fine! I was logged in and everything! I figured it would straighten out, but it's been... I think 3 days.

Just now when I logged in and re-opened by bookmark to get here, I noticed that there was a '?' mark after the url I was being redirected to that isn't in the bookmarked link.

The bookmark link is this:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/forum.php

But the redirect link is this:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/forum.php?

...which indeed gives a 403 Forbidden page! I'm not sure how many people are running into this, but surely I'm not the only one who's found there way in anyway!

...and yes, I just called you Shirley. :p

Thanks, and have a nice day!
  2. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Sorry I think my last post broke the forums.
    :smug:
    I blamed Durf.
  3. juju

juju IncGamers Member

4. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

@juju - http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?837322 should work
    Remove the text after the thread number.

Brackets in thread titles are causing issues so try not to use ( and ) in them.

I'll remove them for you but any other time you have the same problem, try taking the text out of the url. :)
  5. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

I guess I broke something anyhow is the post and the thread I bumped is gone
  6. Technomancer

I'm still running into this 403 forbidden issue after logging in. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems to just revolve around the redirect link from the "thanks for logging in" page adding a ? mark to the end of the URL, or failing to add whatever was intended to go after the ?.

I doubt it would matter, but I'm using Firefox 12.
  7. Technomancer

Yay! This is the first time in a week I've logged on and went straight back through to the forum! Thanks!