Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Followers should be allowed in public games

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by I-bring-realm-down, Jun 28, 2012. | Replies: 13 | Views: 1307

1. I-bring-realm-down

I-bring-realm-down Banned

I never understood why they went from being able to have 8 players have 8 mercs in D2 games but not here. It is not like they are OP. I think they would be a nice compliment since there is only a 4 player limit. I find stuff I could give to a follower, but I never use them...
  2. JackalYYC

JackalYYC IncGamers Member

The way I see it, it's pretty chaotic as is. I'm playing on a 25" widescreen monitor, max resolution, and with a full 4 person game, there are times where it's difficult to tell what exactly is happening. I play DH, my friends play Barbarian, WD, and Monk. I don't know what the Monk does that creates huge flashes of light on his character, but that coupled with the explosions I'm raining down, the WD's AoE's and big scary faces in the sky, and the Barbarian smashing things left and right and blood spraying everywhere, then you throw in environmental aesthetics like in Act III, fighting waves of fallen who are constantly being resurrected, with enemy fireballs flying all over the place and flying demons picking NPC's off the building and catapult fire raining down and...

Need I go on? Throw an elite pack in there with plague and mortar and fire chains and illusionist and forget about it. If you had 4 Followers added into the mix you'd be hard pressed to know what the hell was going on. There have been times where I can't even spot my cursor anymore and it's just obscene.
  3. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing IncGamers Member

Can't be any less chaotic than multiple Fishymancers and torch fires from other people going off constantly. :D

Everyone having a follower would be too much though. But it doesn't have to be like that. You can buff the monsters a bit more if having a follower is possible in multiplayer or restrict each party to exactly one follower. The follower determined could be whoever the game creator's follower was, or whoever joined the longest, or people could vote on which one to pick. (This would of course be on a long cooldown to prevent quick swaps)

Then again, I feel 4 players is not enough so... I wouldn't mind more chaos.

At this point since public games in Inferno are so sparse these does and often suck anyways, this might actually help if people had a little more help.
  4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

One the one hand this would encourage/require players to do an irritating min/max game of stacking follower builds and types to be most efficient.

But on the other hand, GLORIOUS THE WILL OF A TEMPLAR IS STRONGER DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE GLORIOUS.
  5. WhiteGiant

WhiteGiant IncGamers Member

i actually think that 1 follower per group would be ok , either the goupleaders follower by default or the groupleader determines a player whose follower shall be active.

1 per player would be overkill imo ; though i wouldnt shed a tear if they dont add such a functionality at all.
  6. JackalYYC

I just changed my opinion. We should all be able to have a follower each.

"GLORIOUS!" "That's how we do it in Kingsport!" "When did you kill your first demon?" "How do you treat criminals in your land?" "Do you think Leah likes me?" "You're like a big brother to me!" "Do you see that enemy over there?" "Are you considered beautiful in your land?" "Time to loot!" "That was a worthy opponent!" "Look! More footprints!"

Like chaperoning a field trip of 8 year olds...

7. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

after playing public games with 2 wizards i realized the 4 player limit is very good. if we had 8 allowed in game like before no one would know whats going on. also imagine monsters with 770% more hp?
  8. Sky Tan

Sky Tan IncGamers Member

Yeah, 4 is good enuff .

Maybe follower aint that bad , but like there is 4 templar all charge together.

The Barb and Monk will go .....HELLO...EXCUSE ME i am the HEro.. pls...u 4 stand back.
  9. FaultyYogurt

FaultyYogurt IncGamers Member

wait for the expansion.
  10. Lucas S

Lucas S IncGamers Member

Haha yeah 4 templars will be annoying with their "glorious" crap :)

11. rockoffire

rockoffire IncGamers Member

somehow 8 player games with mercs in d2 worked....
  12. skysbob

skysbob IncGamers Member

In D2 you were actually looking at things from greater distance, i.e. everything was smaller. And not every skill had (over the top,) shiny graphics.
  13. JackalYYC

This is where a lot of it lies I'm sure.

D2 - Zealadin wailing away on a group of monsters, you can tell what he's doing, there's some blood flying and his sword is going really really fast.

D3 - Monk doing god knows what (I haven't played Monk yet) and all I can see in the immediate area is bright rapid flashes of yellow light which encompass the surrounding 15 yards, unable to tell if a monster is alive in the scramble until I see a pile of gold pop up.

14. zacheroog

zacheroog IncGamers Member

That's one of the things I hate. Every class just seems like they're just shooting random lasers and explosions. In D2, you could pretty much name every skill that classes did because they had a unique look to them. Even the ones that weren't used so often. I haven't met any player so far that has inspired me to play their class.