Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fishymancer vs Bonemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Eklohmyn, Feb 1, 2009. | Replies: 2 | Views: 2506

1. Eklohmyn

Eklohmyn IncGamers Member

Fishymancer vs Bonemancer

Hi. I've started a Fishymancer, level 7, but honestly, it's kind or boring. Is the bonemancer any fun?

Also, is the fishymancer really easy and able to solo Hell? Same with Bonemancer?

2. billking

billking IncGamers Member

Re: Fishymancer vs Bonemancer

The Fishymancer is the best character type in the game when it comes to soloing normal monsters (not Act End bosses) in Hell. No one else does it safer and faster consistently; a fishymancer can PvM virtually anywhere, whereas other area-clearers tend to have more areas that are too risky to tread. If you want to MF all of the level 85 areas in a single game, the Fishymancer is for you.

Fishymancers are very boring before level 35 or so if built "by the book." Once you get CE the build is a lot more fun; by the time you max CE, if you're anything like me, PvMing with a fishymancer will the sort of thing you crave and can't stop thinking about (yeah, I'm addicted to blowing up corpses). If you're bored early on, I would try to get access to CE; however, you don't want to miss points in RS and SM or you may find normal Diablo impossible to kill. (He's the biggest challenge a young fishymancer faces.) When you want a skill but you can't spare the hard points, the answer is a gear switch. If you have any +summons gear you'll want it for act bosses, but with normal PvM you might want to find a +Corpse Explosion (+Amplify Damage) wand and/or head for weapon switch. You won't be at "full fishy power" for many levels yet, but you'll get a taste of what it'll be like later.

A bonemancer, properly geared, is only different in terms of how the first kill is made. With huge gear bonuses to Poison and Bone skills, a bonemancer's Corpse Explosion should be fairly close to a fishymancer's (even with only one hard point), so with a single point in Amplify Damage (and +skills) he can Amp, get a corpse, Explode, repeat, similar to the Fishymancer. So the offense vs normal monsters is basically the same, but the defense is lower; the Bone Armor is nice but isn't as good a defense as the skeletal distractions. This could, in theory, make the character more fun. Safety can be boring; being forced to use hit & run tactics can bring some excitement maybe. Also, the bonemancer is much better at quickly killing act-end bosses.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  3. Eklohmyn

Eklohmyn IncGamers Member

Re: Fishymancer vs Bonemancer

Wow, that was a lot of help. Thanks. I just got Corpse Explosion, and it makes life a bit easier. Also the clay golem is a big help.

Thanks again.