Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First "Proper" Wind Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by omegaFFX, Feb 4, 2011. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2108

1. omegaFFX

omegaFFX IncGamers Member

First "Proper" Wind Druid

I have this beaming admiration to Wind Druids. They seem so fun and classy and they are a nice break from Hammerdins!

I read both guides on the Wind Druid setup and am tangled between contrasting views.

Firstly, This will be for 40% PvM and 60% PvP.

I understand the skill allocation (for the most part*), but equipment and stat allocation is what troubles me.

Now, assuming I'm not super rich to afford an awesome Druid Pelt/FCR Amulet/etc... What would be the best gear setup? I was thinking something along these lines:

Helm: Shako**
    Amulet: Mara's
    Armor: Enigma
    Weapon: Heart of the Oak
    Shield: Spirit***
    Belt: Arachnid's Mesh
    Gloves: Magefist/Trang's
    Boots: Treks/War Travs
    Rings: 2 x SoJ/Nagel's for MFing

*After maxing the main winds skills, should I bother investing in summoning a bear? or should it be all for Oak Sage?

**Shako is universally nice, but what about Jalal's? It has nice res, skills, and STR along with FHR.

***Spirit Seems really nice for any caster, however how effective is Stormshield? And with Stormshield, is it worth investing in max block? The guide points out to 225 Pts (lvl94)!

Thanks for your input :)

PS: What do people look for in Druid Pelts? Also, are Cold Facets of any use?
  2. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Re: First "Proper" Wind Druid

That's fine for mf but you'll want to change some mf items for fhr items to pvp. For max block you'll need 20fcr combined from rings or amulet and replace spirit with ss; Shako with Jalal's, and travs with treks/rares. Then for fhr you could shael Jalal's and use charms to reach 99fhr or whatever works for you. If you want 163fcr assuming 2/18+fcr ammy unobtainable hoto/enigma/spirit mon/2/20fcr circlet/magefist/arach/20fhr boots/10fcr on both ring and amulet.

2druid or 2elemental(3elemental for magical) and +3tornado are the standard for it to be worth something. Life/fhr/sockets are bonus. Non-chicken type helms are also a bonus to value.

No cold facets are terrible, your main attack is tornado.

Max oak after skills in ele tree. You'll be using wolves or bear to tank hits so life from Oak is better.
    Jalal's is better than shako and stormshield is great along with max block.
  3. omegaFFX

omegaFFX IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help! I'm gonna try a more PvM oriented build first, and then restat him for PvP when I get the hang of him. Regardless, hebseems likens very cool build!
  4. Flax

Flax IncGamers Member

im running my first windy now and i think the bear works wonders PvM well worth a point.

with a missclick 2 hard points in direwolf it has quite a bit tankability
  5. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Well if you want to pvp at all you will need those expensive rare pelt, fcr ammy, etc. If you want to make it pvp here would be the build:
    rare pelt 2 druid/3 tornado/+life/2os/etc. x2 rare fhr jewels with good mods
    suicide brance 15 all resist/20 life jewel
    enigma ds or wyrmhide
    spirit monarch 35 fcr
    crafted fcr ammy 2 druid/18+ fcr/+life/etc.
    treks 15 vita/70 poison resist (eth treks if you can but must have 15/70)
    x2 fcr rings +life/+str/etc.
    arach
    trang gloves
    highest dtorch and anni you can get
    x9 ele 45 lifer gcs (lower lifers work too)
    x10 20 life/5 all resist scs (can have lower life but 5 all resist is important)

I can also write a pvm windy if you want me to. Yes this setup I just said is very expensive but that is the way to go with pvp windy.
  6. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

I think the top windies generally try to use shaels or prubies in their pelts if I'm not mistaken?

7. Orion

Orion IncGamers Member

Your good where your at with Dire/Griz.
    Dires 4 PVP
    Griz 4 PVM

Your points in summons are good where they are at - perfect in fact.

Wolves take more hits from casters/zons and griz will stick around for bosses
    But some folks will take out summons before they attack so they attack when your recasting them. That's when you use Griz in PVP. Try and summon it right on top of them and go after them then. Works.