Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First MF Blizz Sorc, need some help

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by inkantuj, Mar 21, 2013. | Replies: 17 | Views: 2878

1. inkantuj

inkantuj IncGamers Member

This is my first post here, so hi everyone!
    I play Diablo 2 since its release, but have little experience on Battle.net. I started again last week after 3+ years break. My two chars are ~70 lvl Fishymancer and Blizzard Sorceress for mf purposes. [end of boring background]
    I have many questions on various topics, so I decided to separate them:

1) Getting started. I got rushed thru Hell yesterday, but my blizz sorc is too weak to stay alive even on nightmare difficulty. I have next to nothing in terms of items (waterwalks, frostburn, ali baba are the best from the pack), but every Mephisto run on NM is highly dangerous and takes long. How can I raise my resistances for cheap? They're all negative.

2) Gear value. I found some minor set items (boots from IK, Griswold helmet, Ondal's almighty), but I don't if they're worth anything. I just found item prices for whole sets.

3) MF gear. What gear would be sufficient for blizz sorc to start Mephruns on hell? Should I aim full Tal Rasha set, or just Goldwrap + Nagel Rings?

4) Available games. This one might sound silly, but... I'm wondering if games listed after selecting JOIN button are the only non-password games in entire realm (in my case, Europe ladder)? It's odd, there are only 15 or so games listed and it's confusing for me.

Thanks in advance for your insight!
  2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

First of all, welcome to the forums, hope you have a nice stay! *steals wallet*

1) What level is your sorc? As far as items go, I have a spare Wizardspike if you want (no skills but great res and fcr) and a Tal Helm (life/mana/resistances, if no one buys it on the trade forum here) *redflux or pm me

2) 3) => nothing to say here

4) Defending on what you want to do, there aren't a lot of games, but you can refresh the list by selecting create game /join game, sometimes the list changes a little, but you won't get 100 games orso in it.
    I think at this point, you better play solo, team up with friends, try to convince peeps from here, or randomly join the open baalruns.
  3. inkantuj

Thanks for your insight, Dawnmaster, it's good to know there are people who still play D2 and help the newcomers. :)
    My sorceress just reached 71 level after a couple diaruns. Her HP lies between 750-800, resistances on nightmare are slightly negative (i was just leveling, no mf running), and she deals ~1600 dmg with Blizzard. Basic fcr and fhr, too.

Another question: can I trade virtually anything via incgamers trade forum? Are there many people still active? :) Pardon me if that's silly.
    Please check the PM, Dawnmaster.
  4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

First, do you play Europe softcore Ladder?
  5. Dawnmaster

He actually mentions that in his openingspost at 4) :coffee:

(not the softcore part, but I think it's safe to assume that hardcore peeps would specify their hardcoreness)
  6. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

I thought he was! But I coudlnt find it a 2nd time in his text! hehe

NVM!

If youd like a few starters items, I can fix that for you. The ladder will end in about 7weeks, so its not the best time to deny free items! ;)

When I farm NM, I usually already have these items, or almost all anyways:

4os Polearm Weapon for merc, Insight
    Spirit Sword (Broad Sword or Crystal Sword preffered) (2sk/22vita/89-112mana)
    Rhyme Shield (25@/50eg/25mf)
    Lore Helmet (+1sk/30Lres)

Shopped Gloves and Boots with 17-25 mf. Easily shopped in A5!

Ill be online after 21:00 CET tonight, if you want a few basic items, send me a PM!
  7. Frankel

Frankel IncGamers Member

I should have a few items floating around for you too to get you up to speed. Feel free to PM me this evening/weekend, if the two gents above haven't beaten me to the punch, and I will help out.

As Archone said, some simple runewords like rhyme, insight and spirit can be very useful. Try countess runs to gather the runes if you need. Getting help rescuing Anya in Norm, Nm and Hell provides a quick and easy boost too. And dont be afraid to pack a few resistance charms if you still struggle a little.

As for killing Mephisto in hell, once you get to him you can kill him quite easily with a Blizz sorc using the moat trick, although if it takes a while you would probably be more efficient staying with nm runs until you get a little stronger.
  8. Dawnmaster

7 weeks? Are you serious?
  9. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

This ladder started Nov 6 iirc. So that means the ladder will end around May 6! ;)
  10. Dawnmaster

They changed the ladder system to 6 months? Iirc they reset it once per year (in the old days), or even after 14 months.

But 6 May is possibly the worst date for me... Baby is expected around 2 May...
  11. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

They changed it a year ago, so ladder 10 was actually the first 6months long ladder!

First child? My gf has two kids, a 3year old boy and a 6 year old girl! ;)
  12. inkantuj

Thank you all for warm welcome!
    I'm always eager to hug free items, especially when it comes to new (poor) characters. Dawnmaster already helped me a lot with some toys, with his Wizzy I'm capable of running Nightmare Mephisto.
    As Frankel have stated, killing him isn't a problem (ok, I use moat trick), but getting to him is somewhat dangerous (NM) or nearly impossible (Hell).

PS. Congratulations, Dawnmaster! :)
  13. Dawnmaster

Yup first child (if you don't count our dog and 2 cats :p)
    Got a thread about it in the off topic forum "New life in Dawnmaster's mansion" ;)

No prob good sir, Hope to catch you online again soonish!
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  14. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

15. inkantuj

Thanks for the link, Royalairfarce. Presented guide surely helped me to start trading in D2, although I still have some questions. If it's not BM, let me ask here instead of trading forums:

1) What has changed in Europe Ladder since this guide was posted? It claims that HRs are worth 20 to 24 Ists and that Sur is worth a half Ber/Jah (which gives 10-12 Ists). I tried to sell Sur for the lower price, but everyone on polish channel laughed hard, suggesting it's 6 Ists MAX. How many Mal/Ists should I aim then? How much for HR in 2013? :)

2) I have 63 life Waterwalks and 19/242 Ravenfrost. How much they are worth in your opinion? According to latest guide, 1 Ist for Ww and 2 Ist for Raven are reasonable, but I am still a rookie trader.

3) I acquired a 16/13 necro torch for one Mal. Good trade for me?

Thanks in advance!
  16. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Hi mate! Things looking good? :)

1. Prices vary from ladder to ladder. Current ladder prices for a normal player (Not people from other forums) regarding runes are about these:
    Lem = 1/3 Pul
    Pul = 0,5 Um
    Um = 0,5 Mal
    Mal = 0,5 Ist
    Ist = Ist (Yeah ;D)

Gul = 1,5 Ist
    Vex = 3-4 ist
    Ohm = 2 Vex or 6-8 ist
    Lo = 2 Ohm or ~12-13 ist
    Sur = 0,5 Ber/Jah or ~8 ists
    Hr = Ber or Jah = ~16-18 ists
    Cham = 0,5 Zod = 3-5 ists
    Zod = 6-10 ists or highest bidder. (This rune is the rarest of them all)

2. Youll learn that non perfect uniques are hard to sell now. When the ladder progresses, the demand is only high for perfect items.
    In your case, the Waterwalk should have perf ed% with 60+life or have 65life.
    Raven need either 20dex/200+ar or 18-19dex/245+ar. Yours are close, so 2 ists shouldnt be too hard!

3. I think you could have gotten it a tidy bit cheaper. For a beginner, an Um less could be quite a deal though.. :p

Dont be afraid to ask questions in this thread! Its marked for me, since Ive posted here, so Ill keep an close eye what you write here! ;)

Peace and love
  17. inkantuj

Yes, everything's fine, I started to fill my mules with lots of stuff (mostly trash, but I found vipermagi or thundergod's vigor too).
    Now it's time to learn 'how to buy skillers & not overpay'. Fortunately I'm interested in Summon skillers for my fishymancer, not Combats :D So, how other mods affect the price of a skiller? How much would pure +1 summon cost? I'd like to utilise my Sur rune for a couple of those. Also, I tried to buy Arm of King Leoric, but ppl want more than Pul.

I'll let you know about my progress :) Cheers!
  18. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Ive tried to find one for myself, AoKL, but yeah people want Um-Mal. Which is ok, since I can afford it, and its by far the best summon wand out there.

I usually value skillers based on what tree its for. Then I multiply it x amount for what kind of add it has.

There are 6 noteworthy adds:

Life (5-45)
    Strength (3-6)
    Dexterity (3-6)
    Faster Run/Walk (7%)
    Faster Hit Recovery (12%)
    Extra Gold from Monsters (10-40%)

Dex/Str can be directly translated to life(vitality) so they cant be as valueable as those with life.
    Even if life is the most popular, some strict builds require other things. So these are tradeable, and if yours have any other adds, they tend to be called plain.

I copied these from the EUSCL 9 Price Guide from the Trade Value section.
    You should really post any valuation questions there instead. Not only me answer questions there!!

A little adjusted to what I think is correct. (All is my opinion after all)

Paladin Combat = 2-4 Ist
    Offensive Auras = Mal
    Defensive Auras = No value

Lightning = 2 Ist- 3 Ist
    Fire = Um
    Cold = Um-Mal

Warcry = Um
    Masteries/B Combat = No Value

Javelin = Um-Mal
    Passive & Magic = Pul
    Bow = Pul

Psn & Bone = Mal-Ist