Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First javazon - need a little help

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Rectifyy, Jun 24, 2012. | Replies: 14 | Views: 7714

1. Rectifyy

Rectifyy IncGamers Member

Hi there :)
    I've never really played an Amazon before, and I've never been big on builds that rely on skill damage rather than physical damage. I've been inspired however, so I've decided on a javazon. Right now I'm level 24 and planning on going:
    20 LF
    20 CS
    20 LS
    20 Plague and 20 poison jav
    9 pierce
    other skills for prerequisites etc
    I've been checking out gear, and it seems that these would be my best choices:
    Trang Oul's
    Titans (for replenish + other stats)
    Bramble
    Raven Frost/Bul Kathos'
    Razortail
    Griffon's
    4 facet monarch (or Spirit)

I'm still undecided on the amulet/boots, I still need leech so I'd imagine they'd come from one of these. My question is:
    A) Is this build viable?
    B) are these items good for the build? Also where abouts do I hunt for them?

Thanks for any help :)
  2. twillight

twillight IncGamers Member

No idea on the equipment part, but it IS viable by skill. Though you'll have some trouble if you are not in a group, as you have no meat-shield (aka. Valkyrie, or the very least Decoy). Still, with a well-equipped merc it can stand even on its own.
  3. Nergal

Nergal IncGamers Member

Razortail is nice, but I don't think you need 100% pierce.

Perhaps Nos? 10% IAS is always nice, along with 10% slow and a few others (LL isn't as important, you're elemental based)

I know a pure poison java is viable, and I used a bit of that gear. Honestly, Titan's aren't necessary if you can get a godly rare. Sure, frw/stats/rep is nice, but you can get that on a rare java (not frw) and do more phys dmg for leach if you want.

Also, as you have no meat shield as twilight said, I recommend using Stormshield. Nice block chance, high DR% and you were going in the monarch direction anyways. If not, you could always use Moser's, cheap little shield that has a lot of block/fbr. I use it on my max block es sorcs.

Remember, survivability > +skills/dmg
  4. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

You're about the only one who doesnt think so. True, 100% pierce is not needed for a javazon, but it does take your killing speed to the next level so why not. Instead of wasting skill points on pierce, use one piece of gear.

Stormshield is not needed for pvm.

It is true that Titans arent necessary, but there arent many rares that can top them.

@OP: Your skill set looks fine, I just think that there are better ways to kill LIs than using poison skills. You'll find that many of the most annoying LIs (Black souls) are either immune to Posion too or at least have high resists. For your ammy, I'd suggest Highlord's. You have no IAS on gear yet and while you dont absolutely have to have it for a java, you'd be better off with some at least. 20% will get you a couple frames. I'd suggest trying out 2jav/20ias gloves too, they might suit you better than trangs.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  5. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

100% pierce is seriously nice. Razortail is must, imo.

LF/PJ is pretty good actually. The only problem is that you can't kill gloams. If you run- Chaos, say, this won't be a problem.

2/20 gloves are way better than trangs. Almost as good on poison dmg, more lightning damage and ias.
  6. sorcerben

sorcerben IncGamers Member

I REALLy need help on my javazon as welll.......... my javazon is in classic diablo 2 and only does a 1-2.5k charged strike and a 1-1.2k damage lightning fury. Is this damage ok? What gear can increase my damage?
  7. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo IncGamers Member

Try shopping around Charsi in Act 1 or Anya in Act 5 (use the red portal to reset her inventory) for a pair of +2 or +3 Jav skill gloves, the best ones being +3Jav +20IAS like this. Or just about any found or gambled rare +2 Jav skill gloves with IAS or resist works.

Some other easily found or made gear includes.

Valkyrie Wing or Lore (Ort+Sol) helm (+1 skill)
    Sigon set shield (+1 skill)
    Viper Magi armor (+1 skill)
    Jav Gloves (+2 or +3 skill)
    Amazon Amulet (+1 or +2 skill)
    Titans or a magical/rare Javalins (+1/2/3 skills)
  8. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

your damage won´t go much higher in classic. you can potentially achieve +7 skills, but i´d not use silk + sig shield. so more practically is +5

i´d go for mf with

tarn
    angelic rings amu armor
    3 diamond shield
    sigons gloves belts boots

or more damage oriented

tarn
    +2 amu
    twitch
    3 diamond shield
    2 soj
    sig gloves + belt
    frw res boots
  9. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

There is a Classic forum here if you want to post other questions about Classic zons. They may have other ideas for you.
  10. sorcerben

thanks for the help. ill do just that. also, where is the best place to hunt for a SOJ?
  11. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

NM Andarial.
  12. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

iirc nm andi can not drop a soj in classic as her monster level is lower there compared to lod. however normal dia can, also his map is static even on the realms. so if i were only after sojs/uniques i would farm him.

nm dia can spawn most affixes on the rares and is also pretty easy with static access, farm him if you like rares too.

hell andi should have the best odds, but is dangerous. also the maps change so unless you have a sorceress to do the farming, she won´t be the most efficient target
  13. sorcerben

Thanks, but i have another Question .I have sigon belt and gloves, irathas belt and gloves, and bloodfists with a nice 24 fhr with 15 life, 18 str, and 10 pois resis. im not sure which to use for a javazon, but luckily, i have them all.:D

Which do u think is the best group of gear for belt slot and gloves slot for PVP? For PVM?
  14. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

i´m not experienced with pvp...

i´d expect the only belt you´ll want in pvp is death belt, since it provides one of the very few sources of cbf.
    irathas is only good with the full set imo and for pvm that is a viable choice with the nice boost to res and max res. sigons is very nice too and is 4x4, but which is better depends on the rest of your gear really
  15. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

Most people use a 20 IAS / +3 javelin skills glove for PvM, and I imagine it could work PvP as well. You can just reroll Anya until you find them (probably take about 5k attempts though). The belt will often depend on your other gear, playing style, etc. Thundergod's is common, as is Razortail for the added Pierce. I use Verdungo's when playing HC. I suppose you could even use Arachnid's in PvP for the slowing effects.