Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Fire Ranged Enchantress Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Rzymian_Lg, Nov 6, 2004. | Replies: 34 | Views: 49575

1. Rzymian_Lg

Rzymian_Lg IncGamers Member

Fire Ranged Enchantress Sorc

I was playing with my sorc - (people said that they havent seen such one)
    But i sow that some people started to do similar ones. I promissed to make a guide (if was such here - pm me then :D)

It will be sorc using ranged weapon and Enchant skill +FO as a second skill. Enchantress hybrid

Lvl 1 -18
    Put 1 skill in fire bolt (can be another into froze nova-slow) rest goes to warmth. Use Ravenclaw after lvl 15.
    After lvl 18 put everything to Enchant - it will slowly gain his power.1 point into Telekinesis and Teleport
    After 30 1 point into Fire mastery, after that you can add skill points to pre-req for Frozen Orb and achieve FO and Cold Mastery (1 point in each) - then max Enchant and Fire mastery.

lvl 63(done nightmare ) You have maxed FM Enchant and Warmth and FO and CM(1 point in those two)+ Teleport.
    You can now max FO and rest into CM.
    Also giving one point into Chilling Armor isn't a waste.

If you don't want to use FO - You can Put pints into Energy shield and it's synergy. Another idea is tu max Lightning mastery and fill up inventory with SC with high Lifhtning damage and put Lightning facets instead of Fire ones.

Equipment:
    WEAPON:
    I Suggest Low lvl Ravenclav 15lvl req. Twitchthroe lvl16.
    When You can - change for Kuko Shakaku lvl 33 dex 49 str 53 - pierce [50]
    Use razortail lvl 32 for pierce [33]
    Our end game weapon will be:

Demon Machine
    Chu-Ko-Nu
    Two-Hand Damage: 31 to 137
    Required Dexterity: 95
    Required Strength: 80
    Required Level: 49

Armor:
    low lvl - Everything - what You like - I suggest Twitchthroe lvl 16 req
    End game:
    Ormus robes - +3 enchant MAx Fire dmg 15% and 15% Cold damage.
    Or Chains of Honor for good +65 res all.
    Circlet +3 fire skills +good life mod - or Harlequin Crest Um'ed or Fire facet

Amulet:
    Maras or Good +3 fire skills amu

Rings:
    i suggest one Bul Katho's and SOJ
    Gloves - crafted with knockback and 10% IAS

Boots: Gorerider's req lvl 47 str 94
    Fill up inventory with +fire skills charms. Rest with SC of vita with res, or sc with good psn dmg, or lightning dmg-(if You want to have SC with Lightning dmg - put one point into Lihgtning mastery!).
    Socket everything with Fire Facets or Um them for res.
    For switch very good is Eschuta's Temper +3 skills and max Fire dmg, and Sigons shield or Lidless Wall

Stats :
    94 str for Gorerider, dex 95 for Demon machine.
    Rest into vitality i think.
    When i reached lvl 72 - i had over 210 stat points to distribute

Playing:
    We have Demon machine it need only 10%ias to achieve it's max speed.
    Crafted Gloves can take care with that.

After maxing Primary skill and wearing half of the stuff - we should make about 9-10k Fire damage.(not sure if its exactly shown for ranged weapons - some people assured me that its correct)
    This should take care of Nightmare Cows in no time.
    Especially when we have 99 pierce { [66] Demon machine + [33] Razortail}
    When we hit - it knock back - we ALWAYS HIT - bacause of Explosive arrows - btw it stuns enemy very efficiently and deals damage such as Fireball does.
    When we encounter Fire immune monster - Frozen Orb him to death.
    Crushing blow can help a little :D

Merc: For lov-mid lvl Chars It should be Echanted 1st Act Rogue.
    End game - 2nd Act Holy Fr. Aura slowing enemy in hell helps especially against Fire immune and Cold immune.

I have one almost maxed 19k damage i can increase it with Fire facet , 2 skillers and Magefist at a cost of low resistances :D
    She kills hordes monsters very quickly. Only Deaths are from Cold and Lighning enchanted Monsters due to low resists.
    Enjoy (i'm waiting for comments)
  2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

hmm, well you've pushed the envelope towards sorc again. I'm currently deciding between explosive sorc or explosive ranger. hmm, still thinking tho.
  3. rild

rild IncGamers Member

Here are quite different enchanter build, but it was made with great help of Rzimian_Lg

---------------------------------------------------
    Enchanter
    str 133-15-20=98 - enouth to aim Demon Limb. Other + str is comming from equipment
    dex 2 or 3 points per clvl
    vit - everithing else
    energy - base

equipment
    Guillaume's Face
    Disciple full set
    2 bulchatos rings

weapon Demon Machine
    switch Demon Limb and Lidless wall

skill points allocation
    20 fire mastery
    20 warmth
    20 Frozen Orb
    5 Cold Mastery
    1 Shiver Armor
    1 Static field
    10 prerequirements
    rest in Energy Shield and telekinese ~23 points until you reach 90 clvl

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some explanations:
    You can called his char encahter after 65 clvl. After this level you will able to aim Demon Limb and his 23 lvl Enchant charges. How deal charges with sinergies you can see here.
    Skill points order - when you reach required level - put point in prerequirements and untill clvl 30 put 6-7 points in warmth. After level 30 fill your 20 FO and 5 CM. FO will be your main skill untill 65 clvl. After that fill your Fire Mastery and after that Warmth. Last points put in ES and Telekinesse.
    Low level equipment :
    Weapons in clvl requirement order: Leadcrow, Ichorsting, Skystrike and Kuko Shakaku
    Armor: Twitchthroe, Sparking Mail(very good LD in the begining of the game), Crow Caw
  4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Okay first we do not always hit. The explosive arrow is an animation that occurs when the arrow strikes something.

Second, I have one of these ranged enchantress'es, believe me the damage read out on your LCS (Lying character screen) is off by a factor of your fire mastery % your real damage * (firemastery + 1) = damage displayed. IE at slvl 20 163% fire mastery 100 fire damage * (1.63 + 1) = 263 fire damage if it were melee the fire mastery would be done twice but its ranged so the enchant only gets fire mastery once.

Third you can boost your explosive arrow damage with gloves with charges of fire arrows or immoltion arrows, yes the charge bug will work with it though you won't see it on any screen in game. the percent synergy bonus will have the fire mastery added to it, a quick calc could determine if that or magefists +1 fire skills results in more damage. Either way you could get knockback and charges of firearrow/immoltion arrow, with a crafted glove.

About the storm ranger vs ranged enchantress storm rangers would gain the aura bonus to the arrow only not to the splash damage. but the area effected by the aura would area damage.
  5. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Okay so the fire damage added to attack from holy fire won't transfer to the splash damage, but +fire damage from things like charms will?
  6. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

In theory yes but it would be hard to test. If you wanted to know for sure it would be really hard to figure out how to check it, the game a very quirky when it comes to auto affixes like auto aura, fire magic arrows, fires explosive arrows. Its probably a bug that + fire damage is added to the splash damage especially since no other damage (elemental) are added to the splash damage.

Typically a storm ranger uses holy shock for the really big damage, holy fire does less damage but may add to the splash damage but I would not bet on it. I am sticking to my guns about the fire damage not getting transfered from an aura to splash damage, unless it can be proven wrong by someone testing it or decoding the splash damage to prove it then it doesn't add in my book.
  7. Rzymian_Lg

So 1 So can you explain stun effect when it explodes?? and as amazon cold arrows and guided (they always hit if the target is on theirs way, or they are blocked (shield)) Am I right?
    2 so My dmg is lower than displayed. I'll check it- if its as U say, then dmg is 10k instead of 19k right? (example in 1st post). Adding dmg from charms will be checked too. ( BTW i didn't know about immolation arrow chrges bug)
    Thanks 4all & Greets
  8. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

just because something hits does not mean it does damage, the "autohit" you are refering to is the splash effect, it is considered a hit but in most cases its a minor one, with the ranged enchantress her +fire damage is added to the splash damage thus that hit will be larger, but it could be resisted and prevented, I am not sure about how blocking works with it. I do know that it does not always hit, could be blocking or just chance to hit being calculated in.

yes your damage is significately lower than what the LCS says it is, take your base damage, and other elemental damage out and divide whats left by your fire mastery% + 1 that should give you your base fire damage (well not base but that which you had before from enchant) but remember the +fire elemental charms and affixes do get the mastery so you have to multiple their amount by the firemastery to get there values. maybe a simple example for you.

200% fire mastery
    100 base damage
    200 enchant damage
    10 +fire elemental damage
    30 + other elemental damages

to get your melee total you do this:

100 + (200*(1+2.00) + 10)*(1+2.00) + 30 = 1960
    notice that the 2.00 is 200% and is multiplied by enchant twice.

with ranged the equation is slightly different:

100 + (200*(1+2.00) + 10*(1+2.00)) + 30 = 760
    notice that the 200% only effects the enchant damage once not twice.

not quite a full fire mastery drop but enchant is your major damage source so the drop is significant.
  9. Hydra

Hydra IncGamers Member

Ive been thinking about the use of this in pvp, using widowmaker bow for its points in guided arrow, then using energy shield + synergy as my 4th/5th skills. I suppose str and dext should be enough for my equipment and thats all, but can any1 tell me what stats i should have on vit/energy since im going to be using energy shield?
  10. Rzymian_Lg

for me:
    100 + 200*(1+2)*(1+2)+(1+2)*(30) + 30 = 1960
    it gives 200*(3)*(3)=200*9 without FM 200 with counting FM only once 200% it should be (enchant dmg) 200*300% = 600 , with your calculations it's 200*900% = 1800. I think that it's not right formule.

dmg=damage
    sth=something
    for me:
    When it encounters sth it hits exploding it tries to inflict dmg (splash dmg + physicall + other elemental + enchant damage)
    So if you will roll hit when it encounters monster its inflicting splash dmg + physicall + other elemental + enchant damage
    When You roll miss then only splash dmg is counted.
    We have super effect (non Fire immune) With 99 pierce it inflicts lots of splash dmg when shooting to group of monsters - stunning them , each hit is emmiting explosion.
    I noticed that - 2 goblins came to me (melee attack range- fire immune), when i shot one -he was knocked back (gloves) and the 2nd one was knocked back too (he wasn't in the line of the arrows path)

Btw sorry for my poor english :D - i'll correct my mistakes in this guide later- sorry.

I was just talking about this kind of Ranged Enchantress with Rild - i thin its quite good idea - this enchantress abowe only have to switch demon machine to widowmaker - lots of SC are needed (good elemental) such as i found yesterday
    +13 life 1-41 Lightning dmg (it can be higher even 1-71- and with two mods 2-99) If you have some suggestions - Pm me Ok?

And last case - Gloves with fire arrows charges really increases damage of our explosive arrows but unlucky only by a little amount about 20 -30 (after 200% FM = about 90 Fdmg)Firedmg not ours all Fdmg but only Explosive arrow Fdmg (lvl 7 or 6 - depends on Kuko , Demon Machine).

Perf Ranged Enchantress Gloves:
    Knockback
    10% Ias
    Fire arrow charges
    + Resists
    leech is not so important due to ours low physicall damage.
  11. cussinmerl

cussinmerl IncGamers Member

Enchantress

I was running NM Baal last night when a Ranged Enchantress joined our party. It was odd to see a sorc carrying a bow and doing pretty well with it, so I asked what setup they were using. WidowMaker (shaled), 4 socket Archon Plate with 15% IAS jewels, Shako (umd), Angelic ammy & ring, Magefists & faster r/w +res boots. I can't remember what the second ring was, soj? bul-kathos? Raven? I know it was unique.

She was doing pretty well and looked cool too.
  12. Rzymian_Lg

If You would like to host i can show You mine :D Now i'm doing Players 8 Pit runs.
  13. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Wow a ranged enchantress in a 8p pit runs?
    Cool :thumbsup:

- Dennis
  14. rild

rild IncGamers Member

Hi everyone,
    I played a little during a weekend - now I am at the Act 3 end in nightmare. I going well in /players8 without any problems. The 'Demon Limb' ranged enchanter is at 62 clvl. Instead of Demon Limb(before clvl 65) I using magic staff with +2 to ES. Already maxed a Frozen Orb and Fire Mastery, put 5 points in Cold Mastery(I think that will be enouth) and 8 points in warmth.
    I have not Bul-Kathos rings for that build and for the moment I'm using Raven Frost and Dwarf Star - may be I will using this rings during the hell. They have other good bonuses. The disadvantages in this case are :
    1. no + skills
    2. no leech. That is the reason to plan to socket Demon Mashine with Amn rune or PSkull. May be is better to put PSkull - because Energy shield will 'transform' mana points to hit points.
    Advantages are:
    1. Fire, Cold absorb and can not be frozen
    2. + mana, + life, + dex
    Other changes from the biuld - I will boost strenght to 106 because I planing to upgrade Demon Mashine, because the main damage will comming from Phisical+Fire dmg and Crusshing blow.
    Once again thank you Rzymian_Lg, that open my eyes for this 'ranged enchanters'. I was read before for melee enchanters, but low hit points allways stopped me to try something like this. Now this is not a problem because we are using ranged weapons.
  15. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

well the (1+2.00) at the end is a percentage readd if you do not include the 1 you get just the added damage. so when you remove the 200% you have to remember to leave the 1 as a multiple so you'll end up with 200 * 3 * 1 which is the 600 you get. the extra 3 you got was the 200% + the original amount.

also your interpertaion of the 30 is incorrect you only get 30 * (1 + 2.00) the extra + 1 repersents the original value so the 30 is already included.

would you like me to prove it with just variables?
  16. rild

rild IncGamers Member

Uzziah,
    Can you calculate how much real fire dmg will achieve enchanter from my build?
    this is the conditions:
    First case(without Bul-Kathos rings)
    lvl 6 explosive arrow (22-26 fire dmg), 23 lvl enchant(80-104 fire dmg), 23 lvl fire mastery - 184 % fire dmg, full sinergie bonuses from warmth - 180%.
    Second case(with two Bul-Kathos rings)
    lvl 6 explosive arrow (22-26 fire dmg), 23 lvl enchant(80-104 fire dmg), 25 lvl fire mastery - 198 % fire dmg, full sinergie bonuses from warmth - 180%.
    This is my calculations - is they correct?
    First case:
    min dmg:
    22*1.84+80*(1.84+1.8)=331.68
    max dmg
    26*1.84+104*(1.84+1.8)=426.4
    Average dmg = 379.04
    Second case:
    min dmg:
    22*1.98+80*(1.98+1.8)=378.1152
    max dmg
    26*1.98+104*(1.98+1.8)=486.096
    Average dmg = 432.1056
  17. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

don't forget the initial fire damage IE you have 22 firedamage from explosive arrows so you have

22+ 22*(1.84) = (1+1.84)*(22) simple algebria so add in the 1's and your equations are correct.

another thing synergies get added before masteries get calculated. for example I have 100 damage from a base skill and 30% mastery is it wiser to use the +7% in mastery or 6% in synergy?

well (100*(1+0.06))*(1+0.30) = 137.8
    or (100*(1+0.00))*(1+0.37) = 137

doing it according to your equation above you would get this
    100*(1+0.06+0.30) = 136 which is not correct since the masteries are calculated after the skill is finalized. Its subtle but effective in the larger calculations like the tigerstrike finishing move calculations where the ED% get multiplied instead of added.

22*(1+1.84) + (80*1.80)*(1+1.84) = calculated value = rounded for damage value

nice tip: When in doubt round down for D2 calculations.
  18. rild

rild IncGamers Member

Thank you Uzziah,
    Now calculations looks better:
    First case:
    min dmg:
    22*2.84+80*2.84*2.8=698.64 = 698
    max dmg
    26*2.84+104*2.84*2.8=900.848 = 900
    Average dmg = 799
    Second case:
    min dmg:
    max dmg
    Average dmg = 910
  19. rild

rild IncGamers Member

minor equipment update

I planning to change Guillaume's Face helm to my 'Demon Limb' enchanter with Giant Skull.
    Disadvantages - less chance to Crushing blow, no Deadly strike
    Advantages - 2 sockets, more +strenght, KNOCKBACK
  20. Rzymian_Lg

Meaby Crown of Ages?? Hmm? Damage reducion + 1 skills, +2 sockets :D - nockback from gloves