Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

finite stash

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by SnickerSnack, May 20, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 772

1. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Anyone else having a really hard time adjusting to a finite stash?

Of course, those who played d2 so vanilla that they didn't even use atma might not mind the d3 stash at all.

I have two tabs with all rows available, and I'm now saving for the third. I wish there were more tabs, though. I think 5 is much more reasonable than 3, and you'll also notice that there's room for more. The graphics seem designed for 6 tabs.
  2. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

I've got 4 slots used up at the start of act2. Not a problem yet. The drop rates for rares and uniques are so nonexistant that I don't have anything to stash.
  3. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I'm a packrat (as evidenced by my 16k+ items in atma/gomule). I'm also saving items for the classes I haven't started yet, and I'm mping with my brother, so I have reason to save even more items that look good. Sigh.

Also, rare drops really pick up starting in act 3.
  4. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

It's bothersome for sure, but I didn't have much expectations. I'm just glad they implemented muling and I'll try and get used to it. Hopefully this will help cure the packrat side of me. :)
    Though once you start getting multiple stacks of crafting materials and assorted gems of all qualities, I felt a bit crammed between that and my saved gear. I'm still on the first page though...
    I did start saving all decent items I found for other characters, but I think that's a bit unreasonable so I decided to focus on my current side-char and then just save really good gear for now.
  5. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

They'll probably double it in the expansion like they did in D2.
  6. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

It's on the small side of "just right" for my playstyle. What I'll find really annoying about it is when I want to restart, I'll find that I'll have a full stash and a mound of gold to start with.... that or I'll have to cough up the going rate for the game when I do for a clean start. They need to patch in a way for us to wipe our accounts.
  7. Es Mors

Es Mors IncGamers Member

I would hate to have to sell a set or legendary item. That's just not acceptable.
  8. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

At least for a good while that wont be a problem... it's saving stuff for "future" characters that takes up a lot of space. For me, I'm keeping a really nice set of generic leveling gear and a few odds and ends. The rest of my one tab is devoted to transfers and short term storage.
  9. spearv

spearv IncGamers Member

I've had to do a lot of juggling but I haven't had a problem.

Putting levelling gear on level 1 characters works out well. And now that the AH is full of stuff I find its almost pointless for me to keep any levelling gear unless it is amazing. There are always top-notch bargains to be had.

Of course it is early days. I don't feel like I've found more than one or two really good items, I've AHed a couple others, and they're all in use. I feel my stash is full of stuff I could sell and would never miss.