Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fiery Brimstone, Buy!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by mxyzptlk, Jun 26, 2012. | Replies: 88 | Views: 29666

1. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk IncGamers Member

The price of the fiery brimstones have been increasing like crazyyy..

Last week each fiery brimstone was selling for 50.. This past weekend hit 100k for the first time, today morning 150k.. and right now its going for 200k..

This came to a point that people are actually buying helm of commands, sage seekers' and grasp, and many other good legendary items to salvage them!

i remember i had to save for many days to buy my first helm of command... and now they are being salvage like if was trash!

stock up people! its only a matter of time for the FB to reach a 1m! (okay.. maybe thats too much..)

Edit: prices fluctuating a lot.. came down to 180k

2. Lanthanide

Lanthanide IncGamers Member

Really? When I started looking at Brimstone it was 90k, that was some time late last week. Yesterday when I checked it was 70k. This is on Americas softcore.

3. mxyzptlk

yea.. america softcore.. maybe all those people crafting legendary items for free or small fee are driving the price of the FB up? the weekend was packed with people crafting helm of commands, and others..

or gold just devaluing..

4. Lanthanide

Yip, just logged in now, price is 161k for last 10 trades.

5. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

Unless you have tons of these I would hold them for the 1.10(future patch for changes to legendaries).

6. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex IncGamers Member

Hmm yeah They are skyrocketing in value... I should have bought them long ago. Maybe I will start investing in them now. They can only get more valuable when they buff the legendaries. Not only because they will be better to make, but also harder to salvage (as they will be worth more.

7. HTAPAWASO

HTAPAWASO IncGamers Member

On the other hand, since they're only buffing new legendaries, we may have a flood of now-useless pre-patch legendaries being salvaged.

8. Lanthanide

Which I think is a similar thing behind the recent price increase. Prior to 1.0.3, you could salvage blue items and get brimstone. After the patch, this is either impossible or a very very low chance. So there was an initial glut in the market from blue items which has worked itself out.

Also of course demand for this stuff increases over time, as more people find plans for legendary items (which are very rare) and decide to take a punt on them because they really want to get the base affix in that slot, but want to re-roll lots of them to get the other additional random affixes that they wanted.

9. Dave Null

Dave Null IncGamers Member

So, do you think Fiery Brimstone could become a currency in the future?

10. Canaduh

Canaduh IncGamers Member

Once they buff the legendaries fiery stones could definitely become profitable there's no doubt about it. That's assuming them "buffing" the legendaries actually makes them useful of course.

11. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

The price definitely went up a lot since patch (which nerfed the salvage rates for legendary materials), but I'm not sure whether it will actually continue to go up or whether it had already stabilized.

12. mxyzptlk

i dont think its gonna be a currency where people use it to trade, ie. items for fiery brimstones.. the currency will be gold and dollars

its a commodity.. the item itself is rare (basically salvaged only from lvl 60 legendaries).. for example i dont know about u guys, but i have over 200 hours of diablo 3 (and over 100 hrs in infenro; act 1-4), and not even once i got a drop of a lvl 60 legendary.. all the ones i have i bought them in the ah

the same way that gold is a rare commodity in the real world, and fluctuates.. basically this also applies for FB.. assuming that everything stays the same (meaning that blizzard will not make anything crazy), price will fluctuate a lot in the short term, but in the long term this will slowly increase in price

and its a good way to fight against the gold inflation.. also mediocre items are decreasing in price really fast i think, taht why items such as helm of commands are being salvaged

13. Clord

Clord IncGamers Member

I started to buy Fiery Brimstones back when those barely did cost 20000 gold or something. :)
    However as you can't now get anything good with a few millions of gold that much unless someone underprices their top stuff, I have kept them mostly.

14. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

On one hand there will be a huge pool of pre-1.1 legendaries that will be salvaged, on the other, legendaries are getting buffed so Fiery's will be wanted.

Hmm. I'd probably buy them @100k.

15. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex IncGamers Member

They have been slowly going down from a high of 161k down to 140k last I checked. Of course this happens after I purchased 6@160 >_<

16. Davidus

Davidus IncGamers Member

it's only 85k in eu. thinking about buying brimstones with all my gold:) prices after the legendary patch will be much higher

edit: ok i just bought 700 brimstones:D

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  17. SWalker

SWalker IncGamers Member

Bold move...almost 60m on brimstones? Good luck with it, if they really get in the 150+k range it would be some easy made additional millions but if the prices plummet back to 15k, well that's probably a couple hundred euros down the drain.

18. Davidus

Davidus IncGamers Member

unless blizzard mix things up with a patch(up the chance to get brimstone when you salvage rares again) the price will not drop before 1.1 because brimstones are really hard to get now. i salvaged lots of rares since 103 and i got 0 brimstones.

i think it's really safe to buy them at 85k because even if the price drops it will go back to 100k+ when the patch comes out

i mean you can craft like 3 useful legendaries now and it's 85K?:)

but it's all about the chance to get brimstones on rare salvages. if the chance stays this low im good
    if they up the chance i need to sell them before people read the patch notes or i'm screwed:)

19. viledevil

viledevil IncGamers Member

15% selling fee on comods, locked up resources until the legendary patch, no thank you.

20. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

Add the affix "+100% chance to not suck"