Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FHR and IAS

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by gogrrr, May 1, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 1669

1. gogrrr

gogrrr IncGamers Member

FHR and IAS

Faster Hit Recovery and Increased Attack Speed. How it works together?

2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

Re: FHR and IAS

be more specific.

3. gogrrr

gogrrr IncGamers Member

Diablo II runs with 2D graphics, at 25 frames per second, events can only occur at discrete numbers of frames. If I reach some breakpoints, I will spend less frames per attack. Breakpoints can be reached by FHR bonus. How frames per attack calculated with IAS bonus? More specific: Barb require 9 frames for one attack with 0 attack speed weapon and without IAS bonuses. If he reaches 7/15/27 FHR bonus he will attack every 8/7/6 frames. But how IAS will change that?

4. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

FHR does not directly affect attack speed - hit recovery is what happens when you get hit, not when you hit other things. When you lose a certain percentage of your HP there's a chance that you'll go into hit recovery, and the amount of FHR you have determines how long this takes. When you're go into hit recovery with 27 FHR you're unable to do anything for 6 frames.

Also: When you're stunned (by an Assassin's mind blast or a Blunderbore's Smite, for example) you always go into hit recovery when you're attacked regardless of how much damage you take, unless you're busy with an uninterruptible attack. If you're in an uninterruptible attack like Whirlwind or Concentrate you don't go into hit recovery.

Your attack speed is not related to this and depends on your class, weapons base speed, IAS and what attack you use. The attack speed calculator here is accurate for all attacks as far as I know (except Frenzy under certain circumstances).

5. gogrrr

gogrrr IncGamers Member

My eyes have been opened! Thanks for answer.