Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Female Crusader Portrait

Discussion in 'Fan Creations: Art, Music, Wallpapers, Fiction' started by Tigerpaw, Sep 12, 2013. | Replies: 2 | Views: 1390

1. Tigerpaw

Tigerpaw IncGamers Member

Hello everyone! I was very excited by the RoS info, especially the reveal of the Crusader. I really like the traditional heavy armor look of this class, especially the design of the female Crusader. As much as I enjoy the sexier designs of characters like the DH and Wizard, I really dig female characters portrayed in battle armor and I love creating them in my artwork too. Thus, I had to take a stab at my own version of the female Crusader (see attached image).

It was a little hard to see much detail on her face from the only reference available, so I definitely guessed on her eye color. I had fun with her armor and gave it a fair amount of battle scars to fit in with the character concept.

Feedback is welcome – thanks for taking a look. I'll have to do some more fan art of her (including a cat-girl conversion too!). =^-^=
  2. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Very nice. :thumbup:
    I will offer one small critique: the armour seem a bit soft looking /not metallic enough. Does that make sense? (not an artist myself)
  3. Tigerpaw

Tigerpaw IncGamers Member

Thanks for the feedback – glad you like how she turned out! Normally I like going crazy with super shiny metal/armor, but I held back on the highlights to give her armor a more worn down or battle scarred look to it, so that probably accounts for the softer look. I could probably sharpen up some of the highlights to give it a more hardened look. Next time I'll have give the armor a bit more texture too.