Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Feeling Stuck

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Console' started by Jayman, Oct 8, 2013. | Replies: 8 | Views: 1021

1. Jayman

Jayman IncGamers Member

I've been loot hunting the past 4 nights. I usually spend about 2-3 hours playing, but the last 4 nights I have only reviewed 4 legendaries. My problem is that I have 500% MF and nothing seems to be dropping. I know it won't rain down legendaries but I should be getting some stuff.

I feel demoralized about playing. I'm on the worst item streak drip since I've stated playing the game. Has anyone else had trouble like me?

I have a paragon 15 Barbarian, 500 percent MF, farming on act 3 inferno master 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  2. Lestat

Lestat IncGamers Member

No not yet...

Last night I was key farming and I think during all my act1/2 stuff I had one drop after a couple hours and it was the kill dagger.

I switched to my usual act3 farming and after a couple hours I ended up having 4 drop. One being the oculus

Act3 seems to be the lucky area for me.
  3. perchjerk

perchjerk IncGamers Member

I know it doesn't make sense but I've had better luck with less MF. Yesterday I was farming with my wiz on inferno(master 1) and found 7 legendaries in about 4 hours, several of which were usable.

Edited to add: this was with less than 200 MF. I think 180 or 190
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  4. AbbyNormal

AbbyNormal IncGamers Member

That matches what I've seen while playing co-op with my husband, who stacks magic find on his wizard; drops go down as our Nephalem Valor stacks go up. Our joking hypothesis is that the MF number is overflowing into a negative... I'm half tempted to keep track of our MF % and the treasure drops in order to accumulate some real data.
  5. Jayman

Jayman IncGamers Member

I've been thinking the same thing. When I had less MF I've had more luck. My other thought was that the valor stacks were somehow interfering with my drops. It could be just my mind overthinking it though.

6. Decreed

Decreed IncGamers Member

I'm feeling the same as you. For about the past week and a half I haven't been seeing many items dropping. My MF is about 440% with 3 stacks playing on master 3. To bypass the demoralized feeling, I've tried to make smaller goals that aren't geared towards finding legendaries, i.e. key finding/uber runs. It seems to help as the paragon level rises slowly.

I've noticed that I get more legendaries on the lower difficulties than the higher ones. Has anyone else noticed this?
  7. Jayman

Jayman IncGamers Member

I feel the same about the lower difficulty. Some people say it's the rate at which you kill enemies increases the drops, the more you kill the more items. But I timed my runs and they fall at the same time, give or take a minute.

8. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

You could always start a new character! I switch between doing key runs/item hunting with my monk and building up my WD and barb to keep things fresh...
  9. gvilleacuraman

gvilleacuraman IncGamers Member

I noticed this too. Was tooling around act 1 master 1, slowly but being productive. Decided to move to act 2 and was very successful. got good enough drops to switch out some other gear for magic find gear. Seemed like the second I went above 400 all legendary/set drops disappeared. Went back to act 1 last night and dropped about 60 magic find to 371 and picked up a skorn and goldwrap right off the bat. I did feel like I found fewer demonic essences and saw more white items, though. Will try again later tonight.