Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Fave Animated Show/Series?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Leopold Stotch, Dec 15, 2009. | Replies: 95 | Views: 6738

1. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

Fave Animated Show/Series?

awwwww, yyyeeeaaahhh, bbbbooooyyyyyyy!!!! i don't THINK this thread has been started and if so, mods will know what to do. *whispers in Dredd and LovreN's ear* thank you! ;)

my question to you is what are y'all's fave animated show/series? can be from any time period, when you were a kid or now, all kinds of animation are included (adult, kid cartoon, anime, stop animation), i just want to talk about cartoons as that is one of my fave things to talk about. :cloud9:

for me, i have a Top 6 list (congrats to me for being diff!! lmao, jk!):

1. Invader Zim (sorry, South Park fans, but this cartoon is my number one fave. *small shrug*)

and the rest, in no particular order bcuz they are so awesome:

Family Guy
    Metalocalypse
    The Venture Bros.
    South Park
    Robot Chicken

if i had to rate them, i'd have to see a cartoon brawl, which would be AWESOME. O.O

yeeessssss.......

so what are yours? :D
  2. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Re: Fave Animated Show/Series?

1. Air
    2. Doraemon

3. Various
    4. Other
    5. Anime
  3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

How about we close this thread....? :mua:

Neh, okay then. But clearly your list should look different. ;)
    1. South Park
    2. Simpsons
    Then it's pretty much blank to me. Those are the only ones I watch, except for occasional Family Guy episodes that happen to air when I'm in front of the tv, but I don't like Family Guy, so...

Or maybe I should mention Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as honorable mention, because those were my life when I was 5-10 years of age.
    And Muzzy for teaching me english. :wink:

4. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

If they have to be current then I would say:
    South Park and Family Guy

If i can throw in old ones than include:
    King of the Hill
    Beavis and Butthead
    The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show

That's for comedies anyway, forget action cartoons. Too many to list.
  5. trashX

trashX IncGamers Member

1.trigun / any studio ghilbi movie
    2.gungrave
    3.samurai champloo
    4.naruto
    5.one piece
    6.claymore
    7.elfenlied
  6. Leopold Stotch

noooo.... :cry: hehe, it's cool. *shrug* im pretty compliant most of the time. ;) hehehehehehe!!!

The Simpsons is great, but i feel bad bcuz i have not seen it in AGES! from the few eps i have caught, i still enjoy them very much. i love the classic episodes. so hilarious and am reminded of jr. high times with a friend of the past and how we would talk about the new episodes the next morning on the bus. oh, the jokes and lines we shared! XD The Simpsons is DEF in my Top ten bcuz of those two reasons.

Mara's older brother is visiting. he watched The Condemned earlier today. some parts nearly had me on the verge of tears. was SO GLAD he had put in TNMT the original, old skool cartoon in after that movie was done. XD im serious! lightened me up so much and it's the ****ing Ninja Turtles. c'mon!

Muzzy is great! i enjoyed it when i was 16. im sure i would still enjoy it now. ^_^

KoTh is ok. Hank is seriously a jerk sometimes, very traditional and by-the-book guy, but he DEF has his moments where he's like, "Yes. It's reasons like these that i can appreciate this guy."

Beavis and Butthead... i remember watching this with bio dad when i was six or seven. mom thought it was a dumb show (but then again, she's not much into cartoons.... i think she even made a remark one time about how i am still into cartoons. hehe...), but there are so many classic moments on there!! gawd, it's been so long! speaking of... i still have the Beavis and Butthead movie i borrowed from my pal (who, coincidentally is named Super Dave. not the one on here, i actually know one irl who will go by that! just proves my point further how awesome Davids in the world can be bcuz he is not the only David/Dave i know who is awesome! ^_^) that i probably should give back...it's been about three years. lol, but i no longer work with him and don't live in Crapgomery so... it WILL happen! i promise! :D

i miss The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. i used to watch it before i went to bed. good stuff.

7. Sting

Sting IncGamers Member

The Ren and Stimpy Show :D
  8. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

The P.J.'s
  9. SonataArctica

SonataArctica IncGamers Member

1. (By FAR) Futurama
    2. Metalocalypse
    3. South Park
    4. Simpsons
    5. Moral Orel
    6. Trinity Blood

Then the older ones

1. Angry Beavers
    2. (old) Ren and Stimpy
    3. Rocko's Modern Life
    4. AAAAH! Real Monsters!

... Well, those are my favorite older shows.
  10. Puck Nutty

Puck Nutty IncGamers Member

The Simpsons.
    Samurai Jack.
    South Park.
  11. Elly

Elly Administrator

Family Guy
  12. Technomancer

Technomancer IncGamers Member

All-time top 3:
    South Park
    Beavis & Butthead
    Ren & Stimpy

When Drawn Together was on, I LOVED that show! Until it turned into an entire season of *** jokes.

I've been watching Metalocalypse more lately, and think it's pretty funny (usually), but I have a hard time really hanging my hat on it for some reason. Not sure why.

When I was a kid, I LOVED Looney Tunes. That stuff is still totally classic! I was also eat up on TMNT! I used to get the action figures and playing cards and everything! A little later, I used to watch Animaniacs all the time. That was great! Pinky and the Brain, Goodfeathers, Chicken-Boo, and "Ducky go dow' da hoooo'..." ftw!
  13. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

SouthPark FTW
  14. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

@Technomancer: I love Drawn Together as well. My favourite episode. Particularly, 2:56 - 4:00 and 6:02 - 7:10. EPIC. Those two scenes destroyed me completely when I first saw it.

My top 10:

1. South Park
    2. Various animes
    3. Family Guy
    4. Futurama (favourite episode: Fry learning about his nephew)
    5. Arthur (don't hate)
    6. Rugrats
    7. Dexter's Laboratory
    8. 6teen
    9. The Boondocks
    10. The Little Lulu Show

Didn't make the list but have probably spent more than 20+ hours of my life watching:
    Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, The Simpsons, Drawn Together, Looney Toons, Disney's The Weekenders and Recess and Franklin, Animaniacs, American Dad, Justice League, The Batman Animated, Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo, The Powerpuff Girls, The Woody Woodpecker Show, Pinkey and the Brain, Kim Possible, The Mighty Ducks, TMNT, Biker Mice From Mars, Ed Edd and Eddie, Cow And Chicken, Fairly Odd Parents.

Damn... I wasted my life on cartoons. :(
  15. Technomancer

Technomancer IncGamers Member

Haha!!! I always loved the Ling Ling wing of that episode!! R. R. R. R. R... *turns key* *CATASTROPHE!!!* Ling Ling was always my favorite character! The "chinese" word for Foxy was Oprah!!

That reminds me of the Super Nanny/Dog Whisperer episode of South Park! Boy, Cartman did a number on those nannies... :rolf:

A life wasted on cartoons is a life well spent indeed!

16. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

Pani Poni Dash

and I'm giving myself brownie points for surely being the only one to pick it

I saw a review of it where the guy said it was more bizarre than The Mighty Boosh, which is hard to believe but might be true
  17. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

It's not a show/series but I enjoyed the movie Up!
  18. s4nder

s4nder IncGamers Member

Currently I only watch Naruto and Bleach, though the latter has been on a filler spree for more than six months. I'd like to get into South Park and Simpsons but I don't know where to start.
  19. Leopold Stotch

i know 98% of those shows in your spoiler and love them too. hehe! out of those you have listed,
    PPG, Recess (i was talking about the other night! :D), Ed, Edd, 'n Eddie, are probably my most fave. when you say Batman Animated, are you talking about the animated series from the 90s? bcuz i LOVED that show. that one and X-Men.
    omfg.... good times after school. and the fact i could take off my dumb uniform and wear actual clothes (uniforms are no bueno. hated them. and i hated the fact mom always bought me a skirt. i seriously don't remember wearing any slacks that year).

i agree very freakin' much on that. ^_^

there is a show more odd than The Mighty Boosh? :shocked: hahaha! dude, every time i watch that show, i feel like i should smoke marijuana or be drunk and it might be more enjoyable and i would "understand" it. but it's not so bad when sober. :)

southparkstudios.com. you can watch episodes for free and all of the seasons are on there. im not to sure about The Simpsons... hulu, maybe?

20. s4nder

s4nder IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reference. I was also curious about which season to start with. I've caught both series on and off on TV but if I were to properly start watching them, which season to start with so that I don't miss the important story bits but skip the presumably worse early seasons? I doubt I'll have the energy to watch all the 20+ Simpsons seasons.