Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Farming Normal

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Thorax, Dec 12, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 1139

1. Thorax

Thorax IncGamers Member

Hey guys...Im playing a Frenzy Barb and im currently lvl 40 and im wondering where I should farm to get better weapons before I go against Baal...Also What lvl should I be to start Nightmare at players 8. Thanks for the help peeps.
  2. khuzgan

khuzgan IncGamers Member

If you can kill Baal's minions, you should go for him now. Just try to get your hands on the runes for strength runeword (amn+tir) and make 1 or 2 of them in a fast base for baal and you'll do fine. If lacking that, any weapon will work, but without crushing blow or high damage it will take a bit longer.

In general, farming in normal is a very bad idea unless you have very specific needs and want to max out the drop of exactly that item without regard for other drops. Nm can safely be started as soon as you can kill Baal, no matter what level you are. Just make sure you get a bit more resistance than in normal, especially for a melee char. Not that this is a problem for a barb though, with a point in natural resistance you're set to go.
  3. Thorax

Thorax IncGamers Member

Awesome...I dont normally farm normal, just an FYI...Where is the best place in normal to find Amn runes? and thanks for the response.
  4. bondcho

bondcho IncGamers Member

For the amn rune act5 first waypoint shenk/eldrich players 8
  5. Thorax

Thorax IncGamers Member

Fantastic Thank you man...I have beaten baal and im now in act 1 nightmare...not to horrible but killin stuff is a tad slow so I def. need better weapons and they hit me alot so looks like I need better armor as well. My resistances are maxed though so that's a plus.
  6. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

If you have a point in Natural res, than you have a point in Iron skin. 1pt in each is a must.

Also havin a few points in Shout, will increase your defense. Even your mercs def.
    You do have a few points in Battle Orders right?

Other than that, check the arreat summit (or any site really) and look what kind of runewords around your level, you could make.
    And then see what the runes required are, and if you can farm them where you are atm.