Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

farming for gold

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Erikthered, Oct 13, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 2222

1. Erikthered

Erikthered IncGamers Member

I have hit the (?common) brick wall at Act 2 Inferno, having reached Paragon level 1. My gear so far has been very poor and I'm now losing gold to repairs quite quickly, so I guess it's time to go back a bit (Act1?) and farm enough gold to get better gear. Where are the best locations to do this? I currently have 1.4 mill in the bank, but I don't think that's going to get me decent enough gear to progress to Act3 with my current repair bill.

(For those who might recognise the nickname from the D2 heydays, yup...it's me.):wave:
  2. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

standard route (and actually "best" imo):

set quest to fallen angel.

-cemetery (do dungeons apart from development hell - each dungeon 1-3 uniques, cemetery itself 0-1).
    -forest (search for 1 dungeon north of the waypoint, and another 1 will be south of it, each dungeon has 1 unique)
    -teleport to leorics manor & walk towards outside. 0-1 inside (+lots and lots of white cultists), 1-2 (+2 shrines) in the yard.

Then just teleport back to leorics manor & walk into the halls of agony. Follow the linear paths in the halls (remember that the area towards the teleport at the 3rd layer will never have a unique), do warden & finish up with the butcher.
  3. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

I have heard of some folks going back to Hell and running act 3 tower and crater areas over and over due to the large number of critters to kill and being hell it is easier and faster to kill so can equip all gold find gear. Just what I have heard.
  4. unReaIity

unReaIity IncGamers Member

Agree with route suggested. Can make even better if started with the Watch Tower in Northern Highlands. Re-create new game if the dungeon doesn't spawn.
  5. Erikthered

Erikthered IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies. I made a few runs and put on 2 paragon levels and got my first Messerchmidt's Reaver. I could use it, but if it sells nicely I will be able to upgrade a couple of other bits of gear. 5 Nephalem valour plus 3 paragon plus a few bits of mf gear certainly increases the amount of yellow on the screen.
  6. BrOkeFlOw

BrOkeFlOw IncGamers Member

I highly suggest you do the following instead:
    Quest : Imprisoned Angel
    Cathedral Level 3 =>
    Look for a champion pack close to the waypoint, and on the way back to the entrance of the level. Most of the time I find one here, tp home.

Festering Woods =>
    Warrior's Rest and Crypt of the Ancient then Clear the most/whole area plus both, this will give you 3-4 more elite packs, if you're lucky maybe 5 or in rare cases 6 packs (incl. the event). Tp home.

Cemetery of the Forsaken =>
    Do all crypts and the event when you have 5 stacks of NV, since you'll get the "NV-rare" (+2 rare drops). This will give you between 5-7 packs. Tp home.

Northern Highlands =>
    Check if the Watch Tower is there, if so enter. (will always be on the west side of map)

Watch Tower Level 2 =>
    This dungeon can be full of elites, so depending on how lucky you are you'll get between 0-8(?) elites. Most I've ever gotten is 8 and the least is 0... Exit.

Leoric's Manor
    Down through the halls to kill the warden and then kill the butcher (both count as bosses for the sake of 5 NV rare bonus)
  7. gakky

gakky IncGamers Member

Do some shopping on the GAH. The cost/usefulness curve is so steep now you should be able to farm Act 3 with just the gold you accumulated getting there. Don't be fooled. 99.9% of the gear on GAH is overpriced by 1000%. I have thrown away a lot of gear that once I had to pay 1M+ for now can't sell for even 50k. You need to spend some time searching for cheap gear.

If you can get to Act 3, The Keep has very decent drops, and is the easy side of act 3.
  8. triggerfinger

triggerfinger IncGamers Member

You SHOULD be able to get decent items to get to even ACT4 with that amount of gold.

If you just keep on trying without buying any items, you'll spend all your income on repairs.

Instead of this,
    Buy one or two items (you should be able to get nice items for ACT2-3 for like 50-100K gold) and continue playing through ACT2. While doing this, you'll collect gold to buy more. And continue.

In this way, game will always be challenging and fun. Buy new, sell old ones.
  9. meth

meth IncGamers Member

Buy a cheap goldskin chest for starters, it works wonders :D