Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fanat Zealot equipment question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Terminus, Nov 24, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 2424

1. Terminus

Terminus IncGamers Member

Hello everyone! First time poster but long time reader! :)

I'd like to ask the community on how to upgrade the weapon of my fanat zealot, although you should know that I play single player only and do not trade (patch 1.13c and use RWM).

A bit of info about my char:

Lvl 82 paladin, your good ol' fanat zealot build.
    Gear as follows:

Helm - Tal rasha's
    Armor - Duress
    Shield - Stormshield
    Belt - Blood crafted
    Amulet - The mahim-oak curio (10% bonus to AR, 10 to all res, etc.)
    Rings - Raven frost + rare one, with AR and +res
    Gloves - Venom grip
    Boots - Sander's rip rap (+40% FRW, 100 AR, etc)

Weapon - Passion PB.

Now, I know my gear is not great at all, but I'm really proud of it for achieving it all self found and with no MF character to help.

As of act V Hell, I feel that my passion PB isn't cutting it anymore, so I'd like some advice on what to get.

Is a crescent moon better?

Do I rune farm my eyes out to get an Oath or Grief?

I really can't think of anything, seeing as I'm lacking that Mal for oath (got the others) and obviously, the Lo for Grief which I doubt I'll ever put my eyes on :p

Thanks in advance and hope you can help!
    :thumbup:
    ~V
  2. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Passion is a terrible choice for a zealot. The oskill is primarily there for other classes.
    Crescent moon is okay. But even better is the runeword Oath in ethereal base.
  3. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

Yea, you're best bet is to start rune farming. You'll be able to come up with a good weapon much faster than finding a unique from meph or the like. I recently raised a frenzy barn on all self-found items. I was able to get grief, death (still looking for base), and fort without a herculean time investment and before I even killed hell baal. Hit up Lower Kurast, bust out your Vigor aura and find yourself some decent runes. Even without Lo you'll still open up a lot of options for yourself.
  4. Terminus

Thank you very much for all the answers so far guys, please keep them coming!

@ Clervis: any specific base I should be looking for to make oath in? say eth scourge?

Thanks again for all the tips and quick answers,this community is amazing! :)
  5. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

Well it depends on what kind of weapon you're wanting and what runes you have or are trying to get. Eth elite class weapons are generally worth holding on to, but you'll have to match the sockets. 5 socket phase blades are common and are ideal for grief.
  6. Terminus

Well, I've got everything I need except a Mal and a good eth base for oath. So basicly I guess I'm short of the most important things :p

As for grief, farming a Lo + a Mal seem like it's never gonna happen after 500+ LK runs...probably not enough anyway seeing as I'd need another 3k or so? *dry swallow*.

What I do have is an Um for CM, but don't see how that's gonna change things much.

Thanks again!
  7. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

Mal you can get from Countess or LK. Countess will be faster, but LK has the opportunity of giving you some even better stuff. I probably did about 1K LK runs and walked away with a Lo, Sur, Ohm, a couple of Ists, and a couple Mals. Maybe I got lucky, but that's still far fewer runs than a lot of people do. Regardless, Oath should take you as far as you need to go, so long as you find a good eth base. Cows are probably the best place to look for those. Any 4 socket elite class ethereal one hand mace, axe, or sword will do the trick probably.
  8. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Keep in mind not everyone finds high runes as quickly as Clervis' experience from LK. In my first 5000 runs in 1.13 an Ohm was my highest rune. I did pick up a Sur and an Ohm in my next 500 but you may have ran out of paitence somewhere in the first 5000!