Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fan Art and Wallpaper Gallery Death and Resurrection

Discussion in 'Fan Creations: Art, Music, Wallpapers, Fiction' started by Flux, Feb 4, 2010. | Replies: 5 | Views: 16232

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Fan Art and Wallpaper Gallery Death and Resurrection

We suffered a very painful server crash/database corruption last week. The entire site was knocked offline for two days, and it took a few more days to get everything back up and functional. Don't ask me for details; I don't handle the technical stuff.

Sadly, the hardest hit was the image gallery. The dbase was entirely corrupted, and while we were able to save and re-upload all of the images to the new server, (no images were lost, unless uploaded the day before the server crash, since that's after the last working backup) all the tags, comments, and artist info was lost.

All the images are still in the gallery, with the same image name, but in most cases we do not know who drew them. We'd love to reassociate these with their proper artists.

If you guys wish you can reupload your previously posted fan art or wallpapers. If you do, please post a link to the new stuff and I'll go through and delete the duplicate.

Or, if you want to surf through the gallery and point to images you posted, put the links here and I'll check them and make the changes. Just don't claim someone else's work and then upload a new version with a rainbow on it, since that would be wrong and we'll feed you to the Bashiokadile we keep in the basement.

Thanks, and yes, this really, really sucks. At least you don't have to recaption and keyword 800 d3 screenshots/concept arts!
  2. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

Re: Fan Art and Wallpaper Gallery Death and Resurrection

I have been slowly rebuilding the names associated with the artwork in the galleries, so far i have fixed some artwork for myself, Delowyn and StrongCoffee.

Please if your artwork was either lost re-upload it, or help us re-associate the artwork with your user name.

Thanks!
  3. Holyknight3000

Update, I have done with the best of my memory using fan art watches, deviant art, old forum posts and associated at least 75% of the art in the galleryies back to their respected artists. There were like over a hundred that were mass posted and i do not know their names for their works.

Please let us know if we missed anything. PM flux or myself and we'll finish it all up.

Thanks, HK
  4. VioletJoker

VioletJoker IncGamers Member

That's me guys :thumbup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Holyknight3000

ty VJ either I or Flux will get that all straitened out for ya, good to see you again. Wonder if ya have a female monk wallpaper or something in the future.

I know i will be later when im not so busy at work.
  6. Holyknight3000

your wallpapers have been associated back with you VJ. I will be having something for you in a day or so now that we have your artwork straitened out.