Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Example of poor treatment in offical beta feedback forums from a passionate tester

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by Hellglory, Feb 22, 2012. | Replies: 93 | Views: 3835

1. Hellglory

Hellglory IncGamers Member

Testing 123
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Re: Example of poor treatment in offical beta feedback forums from a passionate teste

Your opinions aren't objective.
  3. Hellglory

Re: Example of poor treatment in offical beta feedback forums from a passionate teste

Testing 123
  4. chief84

chief84 IncGamers Member

I think he meant it like this genius:

Objective - expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations

In any event, when did beta testing become less about reporting bugs in the game and more about pissing and moaning about the way the game has been designed?
  5. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Have you read Confederacy of Dunces? I think you'd really like that book. It's got this absurd humor quality that I also see in your post.

A few choice quotes from the novel:

“I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip.” -Ignatius Reilly

“A firm rule must be imposed upon our nation before it destroys itself. The United States needs some theology and geometry, some taste and decency. I suspect that we are teetering on the edge of the abyss.” -Ignatius Reilly

It's good to be passionate about things, but don't believe those who disagree with you have any less passion than you do. I don't like the new skill system because Jay tricked me into it. It's because I sit before the skill calculator and literally get giddy when I start flipping through possible builds and runes. I'm here the same reason you are, I'm just really passionate about this game and know what I like.
  6. Hellglory

Testing 123
  7. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

That's actually textbook propaganda. So much for the "objective".
  8. Crudesash68

Thank you, sir.

I think the less said the better. Good luck in English class.

9. Hellglory

Testing 123
  10. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

Top 98%... nice. So there are at least those 2% that are below you.
  11. Hellglory

Testing 123
  12. Crudesash68

Look, even the brightest people don't know everything, but if you didn't know that the word objective has more than one usage, why not just admit it and move on? I used the word properly, to inform you that your opinions are subjective, as opposed to objective. I promise we aren't making it up.

13. Chaboi

Chaboi IncGamers Member

@OP

The fatal mistake with your original thread, and this one, is you let your emotions overwhelm your thoughts. If you are looking for a constructive response, the request/opinion needs to be constructive as well. Your thread went tangential, just try and keep it focused on the issues, getting caught up in thread crapping does your opinion no good.
  14. chief84

chief84 IncGamers Member

Is this guy serious? Check the Webster's website again. And please don't query me about anything. I'm not here to teach you everything about everything. But someone with such an impressive resume of being in the top 98% in the country, leaving a massive 2% of the nation in your dust, shouldn't have too many questions though.

15. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

Objectivity and objective are totally different words with different meanings.

"I intelligently made my points with objective and even constructive criticism"

Objectivity was the one original poster intended the use. He didn't care to think what the word actually means, but just used it as a rhetoric mean to enhance his credibility. Objectivity has positive connotation world wide and he probably just wrote it down without even noticing it.

You good sir, checked out the wrong word.
  16. Hellglory

Testing 123
  17. Tomsch

Tomsch IncGamers Member

Hideo could have written this! lol

18. DoctorWitch

DoctorWitch IncGamers Member

That and he had to look up the definition of "objective" on dictionary.com

19. chief84

chief84 IncGamers Member

Fair enough.

Now back to my question about beta testing. They may have deleted your post because they didn't see it as beta feedback. I bet they would have left it had you posted it in the general forum. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that beta testing was to find bugs in the game and stress test the servers.
  20. Hellglory

Testing 123