Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[EuSCL] Looking for a non-stop ladder reset party!

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by Theio Vrefos, Oct 10, 2011. | Replies: 108 | Views: 11105

1. Theio Vrefos

Theio Vrefos IncGamers Member

[EuSCL] Looking for a non-stop ladder reset party!

I'm looking for people that are willing to start playing at the beginning of the new ladder, possibly non-stop, until we reach a decent point in hell (act 3, for mephisto) and achieve a certain amount of levels (60-70+).

The party:

1) Blizzard Sorceress
    2) Teleporter Sorceress (Maxes Teleport, Blizzard and Cold Mastery - secondary damage and gets the party through areas really quick)
    3) Fire Sorceress
    4) Lightning Sorceress
    5) Druid (uses Werebear, Oak Sage and stuns enemies with Shockwave)
    6) Necromancer (uses summons and Decrepify)
    7) Barbarian (for Battle Orders and Battle Command)
    8) Paladin (uses Holy Bolt for healing and Meditation with maxed Prayer - after Insight becomes available, he switches to Conviction)

I tried to include character classes that are useful to early magic find. Most of these are already early-ladder mf ready, or they're a restat away from being ready. Maybe the druid suffers, but he's a very good addition to the party.

Drops will of course be distributed equally or to the characters that need them most at the time.

I'd like to take a sorceress spot, possibly the blizzard one.
  2. McFreja

McFreja IncGamers Member

Re: [EuSCL] Looking for a non-stop ladder reset party!

Hi,
    I love the non-stop "reset-race".
    I would like to join your party and I would like be a Blizzard Sorcesess.

*mcfreja
  3. butchie

butchie IncGamers Member

Come Hardcore guys! It's much more fun!
  4. nyste

nyste IncGamers Member

Hey,
    I would be interested in playing this.
    But i would prefer to play an Trap Sin, the cloak of shadows for ranges and stun for elites wouldent hurt :)

Can play any sorc if you really dont want one tho.
  5. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Hi,

I'll take a Sorc spot (can be any sorc thanks to respecs). I could be Pally too, I guess, if the first Redeemer that drops in the group will go to me on the cheap. :wink: I'm tired of sorcs so I might try running Ubers out of the gate with a pally this ladder.

Account is *greizer

-g

@butchie: hardcore with lag is like driving a car with faulty brakes... It does add to the excitement, but there are better ways to get the heart racing, imo.
  6. butchie

butchie IncGamers Member

Lag is overrated, none of my chars died due to it this ladder ;)

7. Theio Vrefos

Alright guys, we're already 4. The party is by all means not set in stone, so assassin would be fair game if you know what you're doing.
  8. xKami

xKami IncGamers Member

Hey! I'm interested playing with a party, after reset. I'll play sorc or paladin, but can play other if necesarry.

*kamikaz333
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  9. nyste

nyste IncGamers Member

Sweet, by the way my account is

*Flyingpantsu
  10. Planktonboy

Planktonboy IncGamers Member

I'd prefer to play the paladin. Personally I'd forget holy bolt since there's usually a lot of undead about wherever it could be useful. Using charge, he'd make an excellent single-target killer for nasty uniques and the like, insight packs quite a punch.

I'm not sure about ending the group in act 3, some of those characters are very party focussed and will be left high and dry without access to diablo and baal runs.

I'd be happy to play any of the classes, I'd take the Barb if noone else wants him since he's pretty much essential to a smooth run.

[edit] account name is *planktonboy as it happens.
  11. McFreja

McFreja IncGamers Member

This looks great...
    Here is a list of who's in and what we want to play.

Theio Vrefos: Sorc, possibly blizzard * ??
    McFreja: Blizzard sorc *mcfreja
    nyste: Trapasin *Flyingpantsu
    Greizer: Sorc or pala *greizer
    xKami: Sorc, pala or other * ??
    Planktonboy: Pala, barb or any class *planktonboy

@ butchie; I’m kind of a softy so hardcore is too rough for me. ;)
    Why don’t you join us for this non-stop party? Hardcore can always wait.
  12. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Btw, imo we should take at least 12 players or so; my experience has been that about 2/3 of the people turn up, and then it drops off from there as rl interferes. The first 8 could be given priority, or we could draw lots if there's too many players for the first game. Perhaps if there's enough players, we could have two full parties, too. It's Theio's call, ofc.

Edit: I vote for continuing to Hell Baal, too. It should be no problem with 8 players. We could run NM Baal and later Hell Dia for levels if needed. A Hammerdin would be nice for Baal and Dia runs... Perhaps we could have two Palas? The Concentration would help the necro's summons and the druid and barb, too (if those are included and turn up).
  13. nyste

nyste IncGamers Member

Im up for some baal runs in hell, we should try to hit 80+ imo.

Only reason to pick the hammerdin would be if noone wants to play the Druid. Because we will not have any problems killing anything when we get conviction. The 4 Sorcs damage will be really high. The only thing that changes is that we will lose our Oak Sage and some stun for more dmg which really isn't need.

But thats just my point of view.
  14. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

You're likely right. I might be biased by late Ladder Baal runs (it's not like we're gonna have 16k hammers after all). If we'd take a Hammu, though, obviously he'd replace a Sorc, since they offer the least unique abilities. It doesn't really matter, though: the 'optimal' 8th char (whichever it is) will shave 10 minutes off our total run time, if that. The game is really too easy for 8 players, but at least without good gear there's some marginal danger. Now the multishot-light beasts and instaheal-teleporters of 1.08(?), those were the days... :jig::crazyeyes::thumbup:

Edit: if anything, it might be a Vigor Pally to speed up town runs... If we have a dedicated Teleporter, why not a dedicated... Motivator? Drill master? METHodist? Marginal build to say the least! :scratchchin::jig::propeller::badteeth:
  15. NEbuChaDezZaR

NEbuChaDezZaR IncGamers Member

Hey guys.
    So it's that lovely time of year when we get a reset and I'm back! Last reset our party did really well and I'd love to join in on the fun this time around. I'd probably pull off the teleporting sorc role, as that's what I did last reset.
    I guess if there's no room for any more sorcs I could play something else if you required me to :)

cheers

*neBu
  16. butchie

butchie IncGamers Member

Thanks for the offer Freja, but i already has a spot in HC reset run (as a telesorc -- yay for me :D).

17. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Does Fana add to run speed? :scratchchin: Been a long time since I played a Pally. The Conviction must be on at all times, but we could have another Pally as an utility class, basically a walking aura bank. Vigor/Fana, Salvation, Redemption... Maybe some combat skill just to have something to do (all you will really combat with no synergies is boredom, though). I'll volunteer for this role, although if you don't think it's needed, just say so. I just figured utilities might be more useful than more damage after three or four sorcs.
  18. Theio Vrefos

I don't think that fanaticism will be that useful, as we won't have many melee/ranged characters. With so many sorceresses conviction becomes really really good.

On the other hand vigor is a good idea - it will speed up runs greatly (diablo runs for instance).
  19. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Here is the build I made for myself:

At lvl 80 (highest we'll be at Hell Baal if we rush and do some exp runs):
    20 Vigor (main aura; speed = life :jig::jig::jig:)
    20 Redemption (flash it to replenish health -> minimal need for pots)
    1 Salvation (enough if I get some +skills gear, also see below)
    20 Resist Lightning (mostly we'll die to Souls, and this will stop them cold)
    20 Vengeance (the only way for me to get some decent dmg. We already have Convic, so that's cool. Resist Lightning is the best synergy, and very helpful to our party to boot.)
    1 Holy Shield + Smite (every Pally has them, and I don't want to feel left out)

If you've any improvements for my build, now is the time. I just wish the reset would arrive already; I've got tons of school work to do and I want to escape it. :whistling:
  20. Planktonboy

Planktonboy IncGamers Member

Sure, it would help. But you'd still be better off with another class. A necro can use curses, CE and summons to massively speed up runs. Druids can provide tons more life and stun large groups for long periods. And a barb... well, you get the picture. Point is you'll do a lot better by bringing in the most useful skills from another class than by stacking the less useful auras.