Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

EU - How big is the active playerbase these days?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Smacktrick, Sep 24, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 730

1. Smacktrick

Smacktrick IncGamers Member

Hiya,
    like many others in the past, I got back to the game recently after several years long break. I started HC ladder chars with couple friends of mine, but they started slacking already and I made myself a solo char on the side.
    I was browsing forums and ingame channels recently, trying to figure out how big the current playerbase is and how "worth it" (in terms of # future trading partners and # of games in general) it is to keep playing HC. Seems to me that currently, unless you are playing with a group of friends you are best off playing SC, which is where most of the active playerbase is these days? I mean I've done the selffound solo thing in the past and as entertaining it is, the builds I wanted to do rely more heavily on trading. :D

Also, regarding the ingame channels - any I should be aware of? The ones that used to be popular in the past are dead these days. Would love to know where the active playerbase (of EU) hang around these days. I mean I checked the other day that there was still 15k players online, sure it's split bitween all servers, but still. :D

So yeah, if you are still playing the game actively, I would love to hear some info and opinions regarding the modes people play these days and where people hang around.
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Ive been very, very active on EU Softcore Ladder the last 4 years. And Ive seen that many players, that were very much active, stopped playing the ladder after 2-4 months.

Now, when the ladder is only 6months long, thats not a big of an issue anymore. I even joined those guys, I only enjoy the game for half the ladder length nowadays.

Ive never had any problems finding long term trading partners, on euscl. Neither people to play with.

This ladder, I created a ladder reset team. On this very forum, and we could almost fill 2 teams.
    Sadly a few, not mentioning who! ;) , were unable to get online when the server restarted. Or they lost interest after 2-4 hours.

Me and several players, from the euscl trading forum, were active for at least 9-12 hours straight. And had TONS of fun!! ;)

Id suggest that you stay playing casually this ladder, and once the next ladder begins. This should be mid-late November. Go find some guys to do the first days of ladder with, and Ill promise you wont quit for a long time! ;)

(Ive been stuck playing this game for 8 years now!)

Peace and love, Archone (aka. Archie)
  3. Smacktrick

Smacktrick IncGamers Member

Cheers for the reply. Yeah I figured it was the ladder reset being so "long" time ago affecting the players, looked at the ladders and there were plenty of players listed at 95-99, while the actutal players online # seemed to be 15k or something (split on all regions, plus bunch of bots etc. included to that number aswell, but still...). Definetily have to get back to SC though it seems. Never really got into HC too heavily until the "end" of my d2 career, but played it pretty much exclusively in PoE and in d3 after the first week which is propably why we started with HC again.
    So the next reset is around november eh? Should be much easier for me to get more friends to play then, because well... everyone likes ladder resets. :D
    Will propably follow your advice though regarding the more casual play until that.

ps. Any info regarding the ingame chat channels? Other than private channels, where people hang around these days?
  4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

No idea really, I usually stay in either my clan channel or the ones specifically for my country.
  5. juju

juju IncGamers Member

Yeah sorry had important irl things to do :guiness:

I got my gold find barb in this ladder o lvl 88 and then stopped it and started to play single player hc

Maybe in next ladder i come back again ;)