Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ethereal pally sheilds = More damage?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Punkonjunk, Jan 8, 2006. | Replies: 6 | Views: 564

1. Punkonjunk

Punkonjunk IncGamers Member

Ethereal pally sheilds = More damage?

I was under the impression the answer was no, but some pubby noobsayer said YES OMG NOOB U USE NON ETH WTF NOOB LOL LEAVE MY GAME...
    I can't find the info on arreat summit. Can someone tell me how this works?

If this is the case, I can see why people are always so eager to put exile in eth items. But if not, It just seems someone spawned the idea because of the autorepair mod on it - Defence isn't really so important when you have that defiance aura. :p Well, it kindof is, but not really as important.
  2. Hacknshoot

Hacknshoot IncGamers Member

It doesn't increase the damage if it's ethereal, but the self-repair mod does make it useful with the 50% EDefence from being ethereal. People think defence is everything (that and life... I call so much BS on that one), and if you're getting hit a lot, then the extra defence may lower your getting hit chance. That, and the chance to cast Lifetap is nice if you don't have a Dracul's Grasp yet (if you found all the runes and a good ethereal shield like that).
  3. Punkonjunk

Punkonjunk IncGamers Member

Yes, but the def from armor's will usually make up for it. *shrug* a nice Ebugged one would be great, but the +50% isn't gonna be too great on a non ebugged anyhow, because the exile has a pretty good ED on it already. *shrug* I'll eventually make a non cliche kurast shield or Zak eth Ebugged exile, until then, I'm happy with my non eth sacred rondache with 39 natural resists. Works perfectly. :)
  4. masterazn

masterazn Banned

I'd just make an exile. No extra damage though.
  5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Eth sheilds have higher smite damage don't they?
  6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

No they don't.
  7. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

the diff between noneth and eth ,i assume exile is what you are talkin bout,is that the eth one has much higher def.So dont worry when ppl talk to you about that just igniore them and ...well make sure you kill em every time they come duel you,just so they keep their mouths shut.On the other hand being a smiter requires alot of defense so maybe you really should switch to eth exile...