Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Equiping Items you shouldn't

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by In the name of Zod, Oct 15, 2007. | Replies: 13 | Views: 1025

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Equiping Items you shouldn't

Its a very trivial matter but you never know so I'm asking. How do people feel about using atma to equip items onto your character that you normally wouldn't be able to during the game.

Atma will allow a level 1 character to equip a level 12 belt that has 4 deep holding on it. When the game plays, although you don't benefit from the armour of the belt or its mods you do get a 4 deep belt.

Its probably so trivial its not worth mentioning, but I'm bored so you know how it is.
  2. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Why bother. Do you really need that many potions early on? You can equip a sash that will hold 8 potions anyway, don't really see why you'd need 16.
  3. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

well, i don't really need that many potions until i get to late act 2, which by then i'm able to equip 16 slot belts..

anyway, the belt that i use most often to twink is the death sash that has 8 slots=P
  4. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Equiping items like that should be avoided at all costs. Granted it's pots so no big deal, but the idea is you can't do that in the game so therefore shouldn't be doing it via ATMA.
  5. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

I sometimes put on equipment I just got/made, even if I don't know the requirements, and a whole lot of strength small charms. I then take off the amount of strength charms I need based on the requirements of the armor.

Still not something I would do in-game, but rates really low on the 'ol Gouda scale.
  6. moo-cow

moo-cow IncGamers Member

I sometimes wear the cracked sashes I find in game. I know I shouldn't, their true value is when they're at 1 of 3 durability, but sometimes I can't help myself.

I currently have 21.
  7. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

Sorry, double post
  8. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

I think abusing ATMA for this for a normal character, just to get the 4th row of potions, is pretty silly. But there are times when you may want the benefit of 4 rows of potions without wearing a belt, for example with a "naked" character.

Characters played according to typical "naked" guidelines often use the following method (in-game) of getting 4 rows of potions without the other other benefits of a belt:

1) find an ethereal demonhide sash
    2) wear in on another character until it breaks
    3) equip it on the naked character

Only having 1 row of potions is a pain, and for an otherwise naked character this is a way of getting the 4 rows without wearing any actual equipment.
  9. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

To me that doesn't count as a naked char. That's simply cheating.
  10. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

Didn't even know it was possible (the slots thing, I knew you could equip items you can't use.)
  11. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

I usually equip angelic rings/ammie on my new characters. Juts so i don't have to go back to my stash once i hit the apropriate level. Also other items that i ' grow into the first 20 or so levels. Has absolutely no benefit except saving some (muling) time. But abusing atma to get two extra rows of pots is perhaps a little questionable. I personally think it's not that big though.

-Jae
  12. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

I concur. Playing with a naked character is meant to be one of the ultimate challenges in the game and having just one row of pots is part of that I would imagine.

13. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

But when its not a matter of naked characters, say when you're a higher level, then its ok?
  14. Colorless Green

Colorless Green IncGamers Member

Hax/cheating. Unwilling to trade/MP (unless overruled by the trade/MP community at large).

No benefit to the char, no objection on my part. Willing to trade/MP with no objection whatsoever (though I won't personally do it).

That doesn't count as a naked char to me either, but IMO the person performing the challenge should set their own rules for their challenge, and if they wanted to play by these rules I'd have no objection whatsoever. Slightly less respect to someone finishing one of these than someone finishing a "true" naked char, but it's still quite the feat.

-CG