Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Elemental Kicksin - viable?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Rectifyy, Apr 25, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 3550

1. Rectifyy

Rectifyy IncGamers Member

Elemental Kicksin - viable?

I've always been a fan of kicksins, particularly dragon talon. One thing that's always interested me is the amount of kicks that they perform - over 5 attacks per second. Mods that activate per attack are made much more noticable by dragon talon eg crushing blow, CTC etc. It got me wondering about off-hand elemental damage.
    In the grand scheme of things, elemental damage is not really that great. However, with mods on jewels and charms that can add a fair amount of elemental damage (+100 lightning damage for jewels), would it be possible to make a kicksin that utilizes elemental damage from both jewels and charms and still be viable in hell difficulty?

(my apologies if this has been asked before, i've checked but never found anything of the sort, hence why i'm asking :) )
  2. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Re: Elemental Kicksin - viable?

Rift based kicksin
    It's not really an elemental build but does a fair amount of cold damage.
  3. maxicek

maxicek IncGamers Member

I have packed about 4k elemental damage onto a hunger bear before, so I don' see why it isn't possible.
    4os shield with jewels of thunder, duress, jewellers helm with more jewels, charms etc.
  4. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

I would throw on a tiamats rebuke and a baranar's star. Thats probably the best sources of elemental damage your going to get without a ton of jewels. Although I think a rift scepter would probably outweigh any other sources of elemental damage in the long run.
  5. danc133

danc133 IncGamers Member

I think it would work ok especially if you get multiple flavors of damage but specialize in 2. For example lightning and cold as main if your using duress then you can use crescent moon in a weapon for the - lightning resist and static proc. By getting some of all if you can hit it O/wounds will proc. I like the C/moon for a weapon on something like this because it also has ITD so you can BF also and still hit well. It would work as a budget build and should solo players 1 easily. Good luck with it.

First round is on me! :guiness:

D!
  6. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

Giving up a good shield like stormshield for crap like tiamats seems silly in light of the fact that ~4-5 small charms can make up as much damage as is on tiamat's - although I suppose there's something to be said for going all out.

It won't be as amazing as with a bearsorc, lightning mastery is huge. However, you can stack elemental charms without really compromising on the rest of your gear, so might as well do it. Skiller GCs are pretty useless for a kicker anyway.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, if you want to avoid rift for purist reasons (want to try to kill with elemental damage primarily, not CtCs) then azurewrath is probably your best weapon option. You can kick at 3/.../3/8 without any IAS or BoS, and at max speed (3/.../3/7) with a shael in it (or 20% ias gloves, or any level of BoS), and you've got 500-1000 elemental damage there. Jah it if you want to use bladefury as a secondary attack, obviously.

If you can afford to stack shocking small charms of storms in order to get enough lightning damage to be serious, then you can afford to do better than crescent moon. You'll have infinity so crescent moon on switch for lightning immunes might make sense, but stormlash is strictly better against non-immunes. More than twice the static procs, a bunch of extra lightning damage, and crushing blow to go with it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  7. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

There's also dual Dreams which gives you 1-1668 for the cost of your helm and shield slots. It might be easier to get than a bunch of SCs.