Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

EHP/DPS Calculator w/ Elemental Dmg Affix and Class Buff Calculations

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by nZifnab, Sep 3, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 7504

1. nZifnab

nZifnab IncGamers Member

DPS Spreadsheet Calculator w/ Bnet Import

Update: I've made many changes as well as added the ability to import from your battle.net profile (your items, skills, class, level, etc). Check the Readme and/or Changelog in the spreadsheet.

I've updated a DPS/EHP calculator to allow players to set their buffs from their passives/skills, take paragon levels into account, and properly calculate the DPS bonus from affixes like "Adds 8% to Poison Damage."

Note that this affix really means "Adds 8% as Poison Damage." It's very poorly worded and may confuse you to it's meaning.

Credit to Lupus from the D3 reddit for the original spreadsheet, I have updated it with many features as well as a changelog and readme within the google doc.

Document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkQujOGYdKOxdDJ0eFNiREZFTEFiVW9Sc0ZOa1JyYVE#gid=6

Copying the README here so you know what's up:

This is an updated spreadsheet originally created by Lupus on reddit

For comments, bugs, and suggestions you can contact me in-game with battletag Zifnab#1615

His original instructions modified to reflect certain changes (Copied here for convenience, PLEASE NOTE THAT HE TAKES CREDIT FOR THE ORIGINAL WORK. I have improved it for certain stats, class buffs, usability, and minor bugs.)

1) first "File → Make a copy...", to get write access;
    2) edit Character, Character level, Monster level, and Paragon level
    3) Mark used skills/passives for your class or follower to "Y"
    4) edit all equipment stats, you don't have to sum anything together, simply enter them as you see on your item (except for gems, add stats from them to the item stats). Also One With Everything - if you use this passive you should add the resistances together and put them into the resistance cell (for each individual item).
    5) check that calculated values (gray tables) match what you see in game;
    6) enter stats from a new item to the right of current item stats and note how your survivability and damage changes;

For Weapon Damage, put the tooltip damage under "MIND" and "MAXD". If your weapon has an elemental damage type, put that range under ELMIN and ELMAX. If your weapon adds additional physical damage (IE. +314 Minimum Damage and +415 Maximum Damage), do NOT put anything for ELMIN and ELMAX. This is used to determine the effectiveness of elemental damage bonus on items such as "Adds 8% to Poison Damage"

PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you have questions, found a bug, etc. I have pretty thoroughly tested the wizard, and many of the monk skills. The others may have bugs and I'll fix them as fast as I can if you let me know something quirky is going on :)

PS. I have not added shield block/block amount to the EHP calculation because it largely relies on the strength of enemy attacks. Enemies in inferno vary widely in how hard they hit a hero. If it's requested enough I may consider adding it, and adding Enemy Damage to help calculate it with some sane defaults (and an option to disable it from the calculation).
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. nZifnab

nZifnab IncGamers Member

Update: I've made many changes as well as added the ability to import from your battle.net profile (your items, skills, class, level, etc). Check the Readme and/or Changelog in the spreadsheet.
  3. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

This looks promising, created a gmail account, copied the file and I'm stuck finding the 'diablo' menu... Where can I find it, in the google menu or the excel menu?

What am I doing wrong? This is on IE7, could that be the cause?

Edit: nevermind, it's IE7, working fine on IE9.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  4. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Neat doc! Importing worked well (after I set the locale the EU), it only missed Nerves of Steel and the Enchantress buffs which I selected manually. Calculations look good, some negligible rounding differences.

This doc has two big advantages over other EHP calculators:
    - Imports all your stats and items -> no more typing in every value after changing one item!
    - Shows effect of stats on both DPS and EHP, ie how much will it increase by upping value x

All in all, a definate keeper! :thumbup:

PS Only wish I have is to include blocking, like rubensayshi EHP.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  5. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

This works well for me, DPS and other values are close to in game values. Thanks!

Edit:
    I'm trying to work out DPS with a Won Khim Lau, am I right in thinking the spreadsheet supports "Adds 5-6% to Lightning Damage" but not "Lightning skills deal 15-25% more damage"?
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  6. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

@Crucnhy: looks like it.

PS Even with this nifty doc decisions can still be difficult. I'm contemplating switching my shield to another one which would mean -20% EHP, +20% DPS, +100 life regen. Ah, decisions, decisions :)
  7. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

The damage from an Echoing Fury seems to be undervalued. My damage, buffed with Blazing Wrath, is 73,397.28 but the spreadsheet is saying my displayed damage is 67,885. The +APS from Echoing Fury is applied to the off-hand weapon as well as the main-hand, is this taken into account?

My Battletag is Crunchy#2522, on Europe, if you want to use that as a test.
  8. nZifnab

nZifnab IncGamers Member

Sorry guys! Hadn't checked this thread in awhile didn't know ppl were replying ;)

I've added an "Advanced Details" sheet that calculates block mitigation among other things (like life replenishment and bonuses vs. elites/demons/ranged/melee).

Yes, since I'm not displaying DPS by skill or element type "lightning skills deal more damage" aren't being calculated (but the first one does since that actually applies to all damage)

It applies to the offhand as well? I was unaware of that. That seems...exceptionally strong o_O I'll look into it :)
  9. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Great :)

I had a problem loading my profile this time around, gave an error "unexpected token: <". Turned out I had to archive my dead barbaian before it worked again.